Search Forum

Choosing between 2 fragrances. Which one?

Choosing between 2 fragrances. Which one? 4 years ago
Iam a teenager and I was searching for fragnances that can give me compliments (what did you expect from a teenager XD).

And found these two very interesting. Which one is in your opinion better. BTW if you have any recommendation I d love to hear them.

Dior Homme Intense 2011 or Spicebomb Extreme Viktor&Rolf
(sorry for my bad english, I am from germany)
4 years ago
Although both scents are pretty amazing, of the two you've listed, i'd go for Spicebomb Extreme. Spicebomb smells more youthful and better suited for younger men than Dior Intense.

Intense will garner plenty of compliments as well, though most will come mostly from men, instead of women (personal note) But if that's what you are going for, than by all means. =p

Spicebomb extreme is more of a winter fragrance or for clubbing, for it is very sweet and can be very cloying in summer/spring.

If you're going for a versatile fragrance that will be bound to get you compliments, I would advise Yves Saint laurent Y (eau de parfum), Prada l'homme, Versace Dylan Blue or Dior Sauvage (eau de toilette).

These are all fresh and, apart from prada, blue scents that are bound to get you compliments. They are sometimes treated poorly in the fragrance community as shower gel fragrances, but project the scent of being clean, which is no bad thing.

Of the four, i'd advise YSL Y eau de parfum, which is the least common of the four, and lasts and projects for a long time. It is fresh and sweet, with notes of apple, ginger and sage. It is known for getting plenty of compliments.

The others as well, but :

Prada can be a hit or miss for some (you smell great or you smell like washing detergent)

Dior Sauvage is good, but very common so you might not stand out as much as you'd wish.

Dylan Blue is very reminiscent of Sauvage but has an added Incense note. I heard it was reformulated and doesn't last at long as it used to, but it's not the most expensive of the four.

Though i'd still advise you to buy Spicebomb Extreme when winter rolls in, or Covid passes and we can go to clubs again. :p

I hope my comment helped you. Cheers.
4 years ago
Personally I would go for Dior Homme Intense, it's a legendary fragrance from one of the best designer houses, no doubts about it. Smile
4 years ago
Spicebomb Extreme +1
3 years ago
From my experience, especially thinking back to my own teenage years, as important as the scent itself is the right amount of it. Enough to get noticed but do not overspray and choke everybody. You may experiment with the number of sprays and ask your mates for feedback (not right after spraying but after the scent settled a bit).
You may also avoid scents that everyone currently uses, a more unique signature scent that nobody around you wears would be my recommendation. You don't have to spend hundreds of € for niche fragrances. Just also look back in time and to scents marketed to other age groups.
I think for example Egoiste by Chanel is a scent that a young guy can totally pull off. Sweet, spicy, woody, seductive. For whatever reason it does not seem to be used a lot, I haven't smelled it on anybody else for many years. The young ladies will most likely not have smelled it ever.
You may also try original Fahrenheit by Dior. It is super unique. It was super popular back in the day, but it is rarely used today. If you can rock that, that may also be a winner.
3 years ago
dhi hands down
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Recommendations Choosing between 2 fragrances. Which one?
Jump to