Search Forum

Forest and Melancholia scents

Forest and Melancholia scents 4 years ago
I'm looking for a deep, wet , mossy, (could be light and could be dark and smoky also) fragrance to fill in some gaps. I've been reccomended the following:

Slumberhouse Norne
Papillon Anubis
Hendley Fume
Annick Goutal - Nuit Etoille
TDC- De Bachmakov
Amouage - Opus VII
Sycomore/Encre Noir
Tsar
Olympic Orchids - Woodcut/Forest
Neil Morris - Earthtones
Rook - Forest/Undergrowth
Tiziana Terenzi - Ecstasy

Have any others to add? Thanks!
4 years ago
I get this forest-like vibe from Clinique's Wrappings. I have a strong love/hate relationship with oakmoss and, because of this, I had to get rid of my bottle. It's very mossy and coniferous. It is released only during the holiday season, which means it might be available now.

Another forest scent to consider is The Vagabond Prince's Enchanted Forest. It's not necessarily mossy but it is very dark with strong coniferous elements and forest berries. Don't be scared off by the berries; it's not a gourmand in any way. It's phenomenal.
4 years ago
Bracken man from Amouage is just fine. It is like running in a rainforest after a heavy rain.
4 years ago
For me and without any doubt one of the fragrances that most evokes those feelings and that you have already mentioned is Encre Noire.

It is a fragrance that reminds me of a rainy day, a dense forest, tall moss trees, a river...

it makes me feel at peace it gives me a lot of serenity and for me it is a perfume that I like to put it on those days when one does not have much encouragement and does not feel like having encouragement those days when one is a little melancholic and why not say it a little sad
4 years ago
Aesop Hwyl. It smells like wood forest and hot springs for me. And now it's probably discontinued, but Kiehl's Forest Rain has been my favorite forest fragrance for a long time.
4 years ago
LesNez Unicorn Spell may be up your alley.
4 years ago
Tabernero:
For me and without any doubt one of the fragrances that most evokes those feelings and that you have already mentioned is Encre Noire.

It is a fragrance that reminds me of a rainy day, a dense forest, tall moss trees, a river...

it makes me feel at peace it gives me a lot of serenity and for me it is a perfume that I like to put it on those days when one does not have much encouragement and does not feel like having encouragement those days when one is a little melancholic and why not say it a little sad

This. Smile
Re: Forest and Melancholia scents 3 years ago
Plasmic:
I'm looking for a deep, wet , mossy, (could be light and could be dark and smoky also) fragrance to fill in some gaps. I've been reccomended the following:
deberias probar mousse ilumine de rogue. es un musgo magistral.
Slumberhouse Norne
Papillon Anubis
Hendley Fume
TDC- De Bachmakov
Amouage - Opus VII
Sycomore/Encre Noir
Tsar
Neil Morris - Earthtones

Re: Forest and Melancholia scents 3 years ago
Plasmic:
mousse ilumine de rogue. musgo magistral.
Slumberhouse Norne
Papillon Anubis
Hendley Fume
TDC- De Bachmakov
Amouage - Opus VII
Sycomore/Encre Noir
Tsar
Neil Morris - Earthtones

3 years ago
I would say "Interlude Man". Not really wet or mossy, but to me it smells like deep green resins plus incense, and the resins have a forests vibe.
3 years ago

Another one to consider is Commodity Moss. Crisp and damp at the same time, like a walk through the forest in the spring or early fall. (Note that I'm basing my response to it on the original formulation before Commodity ; I don't know if it's changed since Commodity closed and relaunched in the last year or so.)

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Recommendations Forest and Melancholia scents
Jump to