Search Forum

Aromatics Elixir

Aromatics Elixir 3 years ago
Has anyone tried the latest rendition of Aromatics Elixir?

I have two batches. One is April 2016 and the other is either July 2009 or July 1999 (they reuse codes every 10 years).

The older one is lovely. The newer one is nice but has a sour note that lasts forever and my skin ends up smelling a bit savoury, like Marmite.

Has anyone tried the latest batch. I've not quite given up on having Aromatics Elixir in my life but the 2016 one is not good.
3 years ago
Long, long ago I used to work for a Clinique counter. I learned to LOATHE Aromatics Elixir after an associate dropped an entire bottle of AE on a concrete stockroom floor. I think enough time has passed and I'd be open to trying it again. But I digress...

I know that customers who were not keen on the edp often bought the lotion. Some of those customers swore it smelled exactly like the perfume did back when it was first introduced. I cannot confirm or deny that fact but it is something worth checking out. I've often thought of ordering a tube of lotion as a re-introduction.
3 years ago
My gosh! I don't think I would like it after that; it must have been overwhelming.

I love Aromatics Elixir but it's this sour developing to Marmite that has gone wrong with the 2016.

They are always tweaking it hence I wondered what this year's was like.

One year they put in tree moss which irritated my skin (the one and only reaction I have had to this perfume).

I've tried a couple of other modern formulas (can't remember which ones off hand) that end up smelling of Marmite on me. I don't know what it is but maybe one of the artificial animalics they are using at the moment.
I'm still waiting for them to bring back the candle (lovely) and the tablet soaps (love perfumed soap).
Notify about new comments
Jump to