Search Forum

Highest quality

Highest quality 3 years ago

The other day, I had a healthy discussion with a fellow perfume enthousiast about the metrics to determine the highest quality of smell of a perfume. We came to the following:

We got rid of the price tag, the price per ml-ratio, the presentation, the brand and asked ourselves which smell (we used the word ''smell'' because of its neutrality) we liked the most.

For me it is Oud Satin Mood by Francis Kurkdjian -- he choose Karagoz by Nishane.

What are yours?

I would love to hear them.

Last edited by MrLawman on 18.01.2021, 20:04; edited 1 time in total
3 years ago 2

Ooh, great question!

The greatest vanilla I've come across is "Angelique Noire". It's pricey but unlike any other vanilla scent I've come across.

3 years ago 1

From just smelling the fragrance, my answer would be "Safari Extreme". It's one of those fragrances that just smells sexy and is a high quality fragrance.

3 years ago

Bandit pure perfume for me.

Re: Highest quality 3 years ago

La Dolcissima Villa Buti. All the best qualities in a bottle - longevity, flavour, composition, finess.

3 years ago

Totaly agree on Safari Extreme ! 
When you look for example at Frederic Malle The night Wich is very expensive or Roja Dove , those are very luxurious scents, but if you dont mind the name/price etc.. as mentioned in this topic and totaly based on feeling ...Safari Extrême from Abdul Samad Al Qurashi🙏🏾🙏🏾

3 years ago
Exciter76

Ooh, great question!

The greatest vanilla I've come across is "Angelique Noire". It's pricey but unlike any other vanilla scent I've come across.

I've heard so many good things about Angelique Noire! It's on my vanilla list, accompanied by Tihoto, Cuir Beluga, Havana Vanille etc 😉

We got rid of the price tag, the price per ml-ratio, the presentation, the brand and asked ourselves which smell (we used the word ''smell'' because of its neutrality) we liked the most.

What are yours?

Oud Satin Mood MFK

Rubikona Puredistance

Indochine Pierre Guillaume

3 years ago

Puredistance M

Amouage jubilation man 

Amouage reflection

Baccarat rouge 540 extrait

MFK oud extrait

MFK oud velvet extrait

MrLawman

The other day, I had a healthy discussion with a fellow perfume enthousiast about the metrics to determine the highest quality of smell of a perfume. We came to the following:

For me it is Oud Satin Mood by Francis Kurkdjian -- he choose Karagoz by Nishane.

What are yours?

I think you might just be on the Money with that Oud Satin Mood reference, its lovely and amazing.
For me I'd like to pick Oud for Greatness & Side Effect from Initio ( these are my all time fav's); however another Mention is Boadicea's Blue Sapphire... this is legit refinement for me.

2 years ago

Great question. Always looking for perfumes where you can literally smell the quality of the ingredients. So far I’ve only had this experience with Chypre Palatin from Parfums MDCI. 

Re: Highest quality 2 years ago
MrLawman

What are yours?

House of Nicolai.

2 years ago

That was and still is the Warde firm Kajal. The one I cannot compare to any other perfumes. So cold and chic. 

2 years ago

Diaghilev (Roja Dove)

Jump up & Kiss me Ecstatic (Clive Christian)

Sceptre (Thameen)

Adhil (Tiziana Terenzi)

Chasing the Dragon Euphoric (Clive Christian)

My favo

The last one - I didn’t knew when tested how much costs  the perfume ;it’s become  my first bottle of CC later, but when I tested , I didn’t knew . I v chosen this one, between more then 10 perfumes (very good; some of them later also become the bottles).

Adhil , when blind testing, everytime become “the best perfume”.

The perfumefriend of my made few time experiment with blind testing, between the lady’s 35+ (at her work, at the party).

Adhil everytime at the first place.

2 years ago
Static

Totaly agree on Safari Extreme ! 
When you look for example at Frederic Malle The night Wich is very expensive or Roja Dove , those are very luxurious scents, but if you dont mind the name/price etc.. as mentioned in this topic and totaly based on feeling ...Safari Extrême from Abdul Samad Al Qurashi🙏🏾🙏🏾

I found ASQ keeping the bar quite high, safari is amazing, al qarashi blend is my second fav. no bad ones in this house 

so far.. 2 years ago

for me it will be D&G red cap euroitalia release, is just magic the way it plays on skin 😍

ASQ as a whole house 

LDDM Andy Tauer, intoxicating for me, can't wear myself, as the frag wear me, but I love to sniff from my decant 

loccitane ambre - my holy grail Amber, grand soir is a sad shadow next to it 😂 

2 years ago

For me, it's Sauvage Elixir. It's just my favourite scent.

1 year ago

Ramon Molvizar: Black Cube

11 months ago

Musk AoudMusk Aoud

"Musc Ravageur | Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle"

SalomeSalome

"AddictiveArts - Jump Up and Kiss Me Hedonistic | Clive Christian"

Oud Satin Mood (Extrait de Parfum)Oud Satin Mood Extrait de Parfum

Oud Maximus (2020)Oud Maximus (2020)

HorizonHorizon

Yloud-YloudYloud-Yloud

The Lover's TaleThe Lover's Tale

9 months ago
9 months ago

Probably what I was wearing yesterday funnily enough SopranoSoprano from Xerjoff

Notify about new comments
Jump to