Search Forum

Serge Lutens - Section d'or - TO BE DISCONTINUED !

Serge Lutens - Section d'or - TO BE DISCONTINUED ! 4 years ago
I recently had a contact with Serge Lutens' boutique in Paris and they informed me that the 8 perfumes from the Section d'Or line will be discontinued !!!
Hope they will not vanish any of these and that they will discontinue them in order to offer them in smaller sizes.
After all, this would be a logical action. When they were launched I could not understand why they would sell a 50 ml pure extract (as they claim to be). It was super huge and so was the price. A 7,5 ml perfume bottle (like the Chanel extracts for example) would be more approachable.

Anyways...
Has anyone heard of it as well?
4 years ago
Not been up to date with the news, but Im not surprised. The price is massive, discouraged me from even testing.

Now, this is not entirely out of line with their philosophy, Lutens said in an interview I recall that he believed perfume should be luxury, and he did not really mind if it was unaffordable, as it is not necessarily meant to be (I am paraphrasing now), but maybe udner Shiseido the sales became a bit more important Smile

Would love them to lower down the price on Gratte Ciels and release tose in 50 ml, £300 is still quite steep.
3 years ago

I’ve always wanted to buy l’incendiaire, but €450 is shooting a bit high. I personally think the SL is pushing the price disappointingly too high on their lines - Guerlain and Chanel come in less expensive! As the French say “they may consider us not as clients but as cows to milk.”

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Serge Lutens - Section d'or - TO BE DISCONTINUED !
Jump to