Search Forum

Minimalistic Perfumes

Minimalistic Perfumes 11 years ago
Since in my Collection i have a lots of heavy Orientals and
complex notes i'm looking for a simple Zen like fragrances
like the saying Less is More like monochrome colors
clean designs the fragrance also like a Zen Buddhist Temple
Silent Clean and Calming you you find me such an scent?
11 years ago
Jean Claude Ellena is famous for his minimalist approach to fragrances... if you don't count Rumba, of course, lol.
I suggest you look into The Different Company.
11 years ago
Oh, there are a lot of puristic fragrances of all kinds. The question is, what kind of purism you want: puristic woods, flowers, green notes, musks?

I would count in my latest purchase, "Calicanthus Brumae", because it focusses on one single floral accord and has almost no development. Also, the discreet pastel-coloured packaging of the current Acqua di Stresa perfumes indicates a puristic/minimalistic approach.
11 years ago
Purism like Clean
Calvin Klein Truth
Something with water note
Or one notes
11 years ago
Just about anything from Jo Malone. The range consists primarily of simple colognes that were created with layering in mind.
11 years ago
Cryptic:
Just about anything from Jo Malone. The range consists primarily of simple colognes that were created with layering in mind.

The Gandini colognes, too, were designed to be layered. However, they have more heft and better longevity than the analogous Jo Malone creations, it seems to me... I also find some of them to be quite good as stand alone, minimalist perfumes.
Cool
11 years ago
LiliumLibido:
Jean Claude Ellena is famous for his minimalist approach to fragrances... if you don't count Rumba, of course, lol.

Seriously, Elléna designed "Rumba"? I had no idea! He also created "First"--talk about the antithesis of minimalism... Shocked
11 years ago
Yep, that has puzzled many people, lol.
11 years ago
Sherapop:
LiliumLibido:

Seriously, Elléna designed "Rumba"? I had no idea! He also created "First"--talk about the antithesis of minimalism... Shocked

Everyone has two sides of it's own character
11 years ago
Lola82:
Sherapop:
LiliumLibido:

Everyone has two sides of it's own character

My impression is that Elléna underwent some sort of artistic conversion. But I'll have to read his books and get back to you on that... Laughing
Re: Minimalistic Perfumes 11 years ago
Lola82:
Since in my Collection i have a lots of heavy Orientals and
complex notes i'm looking for a simple Zen like fragrances

Based on my own experience, I would suggest that you start by buying a sample or a mini of one of these fragrances outside your comfort zone, especially going from rich and heavy orientals to something lighter. I have tried to be more inclusive of non-sweet, non-oriental perfumes and I just couldn't find anything that satisfied me. For me it seems the intensity bar has been raised, never to be lowered again. Laughing
11 years ago
I also find Jo Malone line has some quite simple blends.
How do you feel about incense or / & musk notes?! I tried these recently and might be worth trying. They have qualities you may be after.
Tonkamande Parfumerie Generale
Encense Liquide Memoire Liquide
11 years ago
Liz Earle Botanical Essence maybe something you might like.

I have also just purchased Neal's Yard No 2 Rose EDP and they do a Frankincense No1 EDP which I may look into if I like the rose one.
11 years ago
I think Jil Sander "Scent 79 for Women" fits the definition of a minimalist fragrance.

It's classic, ultra modern, but still soft, noticeable, and complex enough not to fade into something forgettable. I find it calming and very zen.
11 years ago
First perfume that comes to my mind: "Series 3 Incense: Kyoto" by Comme des Garçons. Balanced, pure, clean, pretty linear and totally different from indian or european incense.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Recommendations Minimalistic Perfumes
Jump to