Search Forum

Original and Current Formulation Dior Poison EdT

Original and Current Formulation Dior Poison EdT 3 years ago

Do you have experience of the original Poison and the current formulation?  Do you find them very different from one another?  If so, how?  

3 years ago

I am the victim. I've been using HP for 30 years as my signature perfume now and my last bottle (bought a month ago) was so different that I triple-checked its provenance. The differences I'm able to tell are these:

- the sillage is poor

- not so long-lasting as before

- the scent itself is more "dry", less sweet (this one I appreciate), but it is also less creamy (I am not sure this is a compliment)

- can't put my finger on it, but there is something that reminds me of dark chocolate (which I don't like)

- the woody note is somewhat different

Also I could add, all the previous versions were great for sweaty summer nights. Now it is more winterish. Maybe it is a bit more "ladylike", but it lost a part of its brazen appeal. My husband says it is not as sexy as before, and I do believe him. I mean, I am not going to give it up, it's still HP, but I am somewhat disappointed.

3 years ago

I am so sorry to hear this.  You are talking about Hypnotic Poison, yes?  I actually was talking about Poison in the green box.  I imagine it has been reformulated, too, though.  Such a pity.....

3 years ago

I apologize, for some reason I read it as "Hypnotic Poison", probably because I was trying to find a bottle from an old batch online, that was how I ended here in the first place (the red box was still in front of my mental eye evidently). I hope someone less hasty can give you a proper answer.

3 years ago

No apology necessary, MuskFloral.  I hope you can find the right bottle.  The good news is Dior sells so many of these that I think you are bound to find the right bottle sooner or later.  Waiting is difficult, though.  Been there; done that.  Good luck.  Happy hunting!

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Original and Current Formulation Dior Poison EdT
Jump to