Search Forum

The best Eau de Cologne

The best Eau de Cologne 12 years ago
Hello,

I just put on my "Colonia" and thought about all the Eau de Colognes I tested so far, and which one my favorite one is.

So, which Eau de Cologne do you love most? I include in this question all the more or less "classic" Colognes (Kölnisch Wasser), but I am also curious about reinterpretations of this fragrance-theme.

My absolute number one in terms of that is Acqua di Parma Colonia. I first read about the scent, I saw the outstanding bottle, I loved the scent when I finally smelled it. When I startet testing different Eau de Colognes to choose the right one for me, I allways ended up with Colonia.

I don't know that much reinterpretations, but I qould say, "Bigarade Concentrée" is one, ans the one I love.

So, what are your favorites, your preferences?
12 years ago
I fully agree with you about Acqua di Parma's Colonia. It is citric-green and very dry.

I also like Guerlain's "Eau de Cologne Impériale". One of the best!
12 years ago
Some of you will be deeply shocked now .. but for me the #1 cologne is "Mugler Cologne" Wink
12 years ago
"Trèfle Pur" by Atelier Cologne is my favorite. This is a classic white linen fragrance great for a sunny warm summer day. Trèfle Pur is fresh and addicting.
12 years ago
DonVanVliet:
Some of you will be deeply shocked now .. but for me the #1 cologne is "Mugler Cologne" Wink

I like it to, but it is very similar to "Original Vetiver" and irrespective of the huge and unjustified difference in price, I would allways prefer "Original Vetiver".

These two scents, I would put in to the "reinvented cologne" category.
12 years ago
Sunshine2006:
I was surprised about the relaunched 4711.
The Nouveau Cologne is quite decently done, especially if you consider the price. This week, a colleague of mine came along with it.

It is a modernised version of Kölnisch Wasser which means that at first, they completely threw out the Neroli note that stands for that grandma-ish appeal of 4711. At least in Germany, they desperately need to work on their image!
12 years ago
Jenna:
On the high end I also would recommend "Cologne du Parfumeur" by Guerlain/Thierry Wasser.
"High end" refers to the quality, not to the price! I paid less than 80 € for my bottle.
12 years ago
DonVanVliet:

I almost bought this blind, but I worried because Alberto Morillas and I do not always get along... Wink

Is it really green like the Creed greens?

Confused:
12 years ago
Apicius:
Sunshine2006:
The Nouveau Cologne is quite decently done, especially if you consider the price. This week, a colleague of mine came along with it.

It is a modernised version of Kölnisch Wasser which means that at first, they completely threw out the Neroli note that stands for that grandma-ish appeal of 4711. At least in Germany, they desperately need to work on their image!

I think that it's time that I finally got a bottle of this... It's so famous, yet I have NO idea what it smells like!

Confused
12 years ago
My style is Maitre Parfumeur's Eau Pour le Jeune Homme, Nicolai's Cologne Sologne or Guerlain's Eau de Fleurs de Cedrat.
12 years ago
One of my favorite eau de colognes is Eau de Cartier.
12 years ago
I am really liking Cologne pour matin very much lately

www.parfumo.com/Perfumes/Maison_Francis_Kurkdj ian/Cologne_Pour_le_Matin
12 years ago
Hm, I think "Bigarade concentrée" is not exactly an eau de cologne. It is great though, without any doubt. "Cologne Bigarade" also!
"Colonia" by AdP is a classic for sure. I had to use it a couple of times before really getting into it.
My days of 4711 virginity are numbered... 12 years ago
Sherapop:
Apicius:
Sunshine2006:

I think that it's time that I finally got a bottle of this... It's so famous, yet I have NO idea what it smells like!

Confused

Breaking news: I ordered a bottle of 4711 last night from Perfumania. They are sending me a whopping 13.5 ounces for $12--with free shipping! Seriously. I'll report back with my impressions...
Wink
Re: My days of 4711 virginity are numbered... 12 years ago
Sherapop:
Sherapop:
Apicius:
Sunshine2006:

Confused

Breaking news: I ordered a bottle of 4711 last night from Perfumania. They are sending me a whopping 13.5 ounces for $12--with free shipping! Seriously. I'll report back with my impressions...
Wink

the new one? hope it will not disappoint you. i don't like anything by 4711 until now....
Re: My days of 4711 virginity are numbered... 12 years ago
DieNase:
Sherapop:
Sherapop:
Apicius:
Sunshine2006:

Confused

Wink

the new one? hope it will not disappoint you. i don't like anything by 4711 until now....

No, it's the original, but I cannot continue in this state of ignorance any longer. I need to know what it smells like!!!!!

I think that Parfum1 now offers the new one, so I'll probably try that too...

Rolling EyesRolling EyesRolling Eyes
11 years ago
Vintage Dior Eau Fraiche is my favourite.
11 years ago
My favourite EdC by far is "Series 4 Cologne: Vettiveru" by Comme des Garçons. It's not a very typical cologne since it has no citric / fresh opening and it lasts quite well, but the Vetiver in this scent is pretty amazing. I am also amazed by its price tag; I got the 125ml for about 40€, the 500ml is offered for less than 100€. Considering the quality of this scent this is damn cheap.
Notify about new comments
Jump to