Search Forum

Vintage Thrills

26 - 50 by 198
11 years ago
Cincy:
Seatonica:
Is the LLP rendition a good one Cincy?

Welcome to the convesation btw - when I saw you were a vinatge lover I was hoping you'd join in Smile

I have the original Le Galion Sortilege parfum, I don't know about LLP version. When I wear it I feel like I am on a powder cloud in heaven.

I just can't get a break around here, now I have to add Sortilege to my gotta test list.
Decisions, Decisions
11 years ago
Managed to find a minature of Nitchevo by Juvena at a price I'm willing to pay. I'm also after Risque by Juvena - but so far have only seen it available from German sellers on evilbay.

Had both as a teenager and I want them back!
11 years ago
Seatonica:
Managed to find a minature of Nitchevo by Juvena at a price I'm willing to pay. I'm also after Risque by Juvena - but so far have only seen it available from German sellers on evilbay.

Had both as a teenager and I want them back!

I dont know these two, post pics please!
11 years ago
Nitchevo (1973) is in the database here and over at Fragrantica, where it is described as a chypre floral.

Risque (1970) is not in the database here, or anywhere else as far a I can tell. I did find it listed in the New Perfume Handbook ed. N. Groom, where it is described as a floral aldehyde. Don't have any info re notes, but I'm thinking it might be green in character.

You can find both on ebay - Nitchevo I bought from France, Risque I've only found in Germany. Clearly both were available in Australia and Europe during the 70s, don't know about the US.

The interesting thing about re-acquiring perfumes from your youth is that you begin to understand how important they were in shaping your tastes.
11 years ago
The notes on the Nitchevo sound amazing, I'm going to have to hunt that one down. I know a lady who has a sister living in Germany, I'm going to have to pay her a visit.
11 years ago
Is it okay if we share vintage perfume advertising here? I'm not sure where else it would fit.
11 years ago
Cryptic:
Is it okay if we share vintage perfume advertising here? I'm not sure where else it would fit.

Since there's still no vinatge section and just this everything vintage thread I don't see why not Smile
11 years ago
Today I picked up a few vintages, many I don't know. Here they are:
Desir du Coeur YBRY still SEALED
Shiseido Zen Original
YR Venice
YR 8 ejour
Sortilege Le Galion
City Imprevu
Kristina K mini
Capucci mini
Jean Charles B mini (not sure which)
Ma Liberte JP
Anne Klein Anne Klein
Magie Noir
Prince Marchabelli Golden Autumn Perfume Creme Sachet
2 bottle if RL Safari hand Creme (or something) with matching Lotion and Shower Gel

Does anybody know if any of these are super rare or extremely good catches?
Some very good finds 11 years ago
Magie Noire
Sortilege
Ma Liberte
11 years ago
I forgot, I also got Evening in Paris and Rochas Fleur d' Eau too!
Last edited by Digindirt on 11.01.2013, 02:11; edited 1 time in total
Re: Some very good finds 11 years ago
Pipette:
Magie Noire
Sortilege
Ma Liberte

The Sortilege and Ma Liberte are minis but Ill still need to get some experienced noses on them to make sure they are legit and fresh.
11 years ago
I love Sortilege, I have a vintage bottle Le Galion. If it is fresh you should smell powder. Ummmmmmmmmm
11 years ago
Today I found a 1 oz bottle of the original Anne Klein 80% full.
11 years ago
Digindirt:

And...

Grats to you Dig, are you swooning?
11 years ago
Cincy:
Digindirt:

And...

Grats to you Dig, are you swooning?

Well yes because I asked somebody to take a look at my vintage photos and her reply was, it would be impressing if you found a full bottle of the original Anne Klein, not just a mini.
2 days later I found one, its used but who cares? Laughing
11 years ago
Nothing wrong with used fragrances, most of mine are. I had a used Anne Klein 11, however I can't remember what it smelled like. Shocked
11 years ago
I tested a drop of the Shiseido Zen tonight, it reminds me of Patou's Joy. Is anyone on this thread familiar with both of these fragrances? Am I way off?
It took me quite a while to warm up to Joy but I can now appreciate the beauty of it. With that said, I am loving the Zen!
11 years ago
Hats off to you DinD - what a fantastic haul! Wow!

I'm kicking myself for just missing out on a bottle of original Zen the other night Mad

I'm curious about Imprevu - any thoughts?

Managed to get myself some vintage Safari It's sweeter than I expected and on me much more yellow aldehyde than green. Think it will work better in cooler weather, so I'm putting it away until then.

When I tested Nitchevo again after a zillion years it reminded me of Chanel No. 5 - a poor girl's Chanel No. 5 Razz
11 years ago
I'll try to test the Imprevue later, all I can say at the moment is it did smell vintage to my nose, comparing it to my other vintages. I'll have to look up the notes though to detect what's actually in it.
I wish I knew how to open that YBRY bottle. Maybe I should do a who wants to volunteer contest?
11 years ago
I have quite a few vintage frags in my collection and I'm always on the hunt for the next one on my wishlist. It can be time consuming and money consuming as well, but I have to know how the original smelled! With all the reformulations going on, I just can't bear not knowing what the vintage smelled like ,then after that I can probably live with the reformulations. At least I can say "I remember when".

I am looking out for these vintages:

Mitsouko
L'Heure Bleue
Shalimar
Parfum Sacre
Nuit De Noel
Worth Haute Concentrate
Vintage Polo
Gucci pour homme
Jicky EDP
Bellaodia parfum
Balenciaga Cialenga, Paris, Le Dix, Runba
Weil de Weil edp
Zebiline by WWeil
Molyneux Captain
Milyneux Kiplimg
Caron Infini
Caron Moi ez
1000 Jran Patou edp

and just go down my wishlist.....
Last edited by Scentimental on 20.02.2013, 06:20; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
Waving my hand, I want them too Scentimental.
11 years ago
I had a giveaway not too long ago, Vintage L'Heure Bleu was one of the prizes. I decided to share because I think it was just evaporating. I decanted several vials and sent to contest winners. I wish I had more to give away.
11 years ago
I wish I knew how to identify the vintage boxes. I think that I am pretty exposed to a lot of vintage and or discontinued fragrances, I'm just never really sure when to put the money down. I just got a 1.7 oz Rochas Alchimie at the suggestion of another member for $54 but it's toilette.
11 years ago
Today I found and purchased Guerlain Mitsouko (old box) Liz Claiborne Spark, Dior Poison Tendre (Black Oval box), Rochas Mystere.
I'm not sure if these are vintage but they appear to be rare.
Last edited by Digindirt on 17.02.2013, 22:49; edited 1 time in total
Notify about new comments
26 - 50 by 198
Jump to