Search Forum

Is there another beauty in the style of "APRES L'ONDE

Is there another beauty in the style of "APRES L'ONDE 12 years ago
I'm wearing my beloved APRES L'ONDEE today... but unfortunately, I'm only have a rather new Edt-formula of this great scent... and it doesn't last. It's gone in 2 hs or less.
Can you think of any other fragrance similar to APRES L'ONDEE which has more staying-power and which is "nearly" as beautiful?
I know, that's a hard one.
And please don't tell me to search for APRES L'ONDEE EXTRAIT... it's so expensive and hardly ever available, since it's vintage. Sad
12 years ago
There is probably nothing like Après L'Ondée, but I believe that Prada Infusion d'Iris attempts to capture the same sort of feeling.

My hunch (pure speculation!) is that Après L'Ondée may have been part of the inspiration behind the Prada...

Cool
12 years ago
Sherapop:
There is probably nothing like Après L'Ondée, but I believe that Prada Infusion d'Iris attempts to capture the same sort of feeling.

My hunch (pure speculation!) is that Après L'Ondée may have been part of the inspiration behind the Prada...

Cool

Thanks, dear Sherapop. I'm looking for this peculiar kind of melancholic, muted charme Apres L'Ondée emanates...-
I never even gave Prada Infusion d'Iris a thought. Time to reconsider!
11 years ago
Gold, I think you might enjoy Puredistance Opardu. It is an excellent lilac fragrance that features heliotrope and violet prominently.
11 years ago
Guerlain Insolence eau Glacee- much better, in my opinion- I wanted to love Apres L'Ondee, but it disappeared almost as soon as it hit my skin-
11 years ago
YSL Paris in its original formula was based on Apres L'Ondee. If you dont mind the Giant damask rose over the entire composition.
11 years ago
Guerlain L'Heure Bleue EDP is as close as I can think of.
11 years ago
zip
Last edited by Wichapi on 17.05.2013, 06:36; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
Wichapi:
My favorites that still remain in my collection are Parfumerie Generale Iris Tazo (aka Iris Oriental), and Guerlain's Eau de Noel Iris Millesime. The former is iris with a spicy undertone, the latter... a swooning, spiritual experience. It was a limited edition, so difficult to find nowadays. Every once in a while, a bottle turns up on that "E" auction site.

Thanks everybody for all the suggestions, wonderful.

Wichapi, I'll try to hunt down the limited edition called Iris Millesime... it sounds great.
11 years ago
Scentimental:
Guerlain L'Heure Bleue EDP is as close as I can think of.
I completely agree with you Scentimental.
L'heure Bleu for me is the perfume version of Apres L'onde.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Recommendations Is there another beauty in the style of "APRES L'ONDE
Jump to