Kim Kardashian by Kim Kardashian

People might think when they read this If you like don't like
that person just don't buy it just simple as that but that is
not just that easy It's the Scent and the notes that i'm looking
for
not the Endorsement

Ever Gotten this Dilemma?
11 years ago
Gwyneth Paltrow. For some reason I find her very annoying.

However, I also dislike "Pleasures", so I guess that this is not a good example.

Same story for Jennifer Aniston--the person and the perfume...
Twisted Evil
11 years ago
Never had that problem or let's say I wouldn't call it a dilemma in my case.

By now I exactly know what I like and what I don't and since I decided to venture in the celebrity market, I try almost everything.

In the beginning I - of course - looked at the celebrities I like, but there I found scents I don't like as well, so I widened the range and found some I liked from/with persons I don't like.

Now I rather look on the bottles, I would for example be more turned off by a shitty bottle - e.g. "Snooki" than the person - although this person is quite hardcore and I guess I wouldn't test for her ugly face alone although there's similarity to Britney's Fantasy.

Nevertheless I found tolerable scents by Paris Hilton (Tease) and Celine Dion (Signature) and I hate their guts for sure!
Even ordered Kim Kardashian's signature and Glam to see if this tuberose (and watermelon + fruits) can win me, although I find Kim quite stupid. Laughing

Oh wait Madonna is the best example. Those scents are lovely and I don't like the woman. Yeah, I guess there's something for everybody to like or hate, but you can widen it to advertising faces for "neutral" designer scents as well (Brad Pitt, Jude Law and son on...)
11 years ago
I must confess to trying but a few celebrity scents, but I have this very dilemma with Chanel. The woman is abominable (to me), but the style is impeccable, and many of the perfumes are pure genius.
I prefer to think of perfumes as works of perfumers though, it kind of alleviates the pain of wearing something endorsed by a questionable personality.
11 years ago
ChapeauClack:
I must confess to trying but a few celebrity scents, but I have this very dilemma with Chanel. The woman is abominable (to me), but the style is impeccable, and many of the perfumes are pure genius.
I prefer to think of perfumes as works of perfumers though, it kind of alleviates the pain of wearing something endorsed by a questionable personality.

THIS + 1000

That's exactly how I feel about Chanel frags.
11 years ago
I do enjoy some Vera Wang fragrances, but the designer herself irks me. I don't know what it is--she comes off as a snob to me for whatever reason. Plus I fail to understand why she used Zoe Kravitz or Leighton Meester for models; so random.

I used to be OK with Taylor Swift, but lately she has been annoying me with her "boy problems" and music playing on almost every station here. But I don't really like her perfumes either.

There are some Victoria's Secret fragrances I enjoy, but the whole, "So who's turn is it to pose with the perfume bottle this week?" thing is getting old.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands I Love the Scent but Hate the Person
Jump to