Search Forum

Scents From Hell - The Most Beautific Perfumes

26 - 50 by 63
12 years ago
The two fragrances from Lush that I own fit the description perfectly:

and

The former has a very pungent opening which is quite disgusting and it only becomes wearable with time but oh boy, one has to have a strong stomach to get there.

The latter has citronella / lemongrass in it which I much prefer in Thai food than on my skin.

Another one that fits the bill is

with its noticeable blood / metallic accent.

Finally, for the real stinker and truly satan's creation, with no redeeming feature whatsoever is
I very rarely if ever had to scrub off a scent soon after application but this one is the vilest thing ever. Goodness knows how it has managed to stand the test of time.
12 years ago
I recently tried Illuminum's Haute Perfume Black Gardenia. Oh my... that's something choke me to death... But after washing it off most of it, it kind of smell quite captivating. I will not buy a perfume which i need to wash off before i can smell it though...
12 years ago
The Infidels by Agonist, Shocking de Schiaparelli vintage EDC...and definitely agree about M/Mink by Byredo--love that one!
12 years ago
I HATE PERFUME - quite a few of this brand fit the description!
Horrific Stinkers 11 years ago
Secretions Magnifiques - Etat Libre d'Orange. (Blood, Sex, Death)

Exquisite Corpse - Smell Bent (Rotting Vegetation)

Jammie Nicholas Surplus - Jammie Nicholas (Fecal Matter)

The above 3 are all beyond me. Just.....why?
11 years ago
"Alien" is completely unwearable IMHO. I got a bottle from my husband as a gift, and I spray it out the bathroom window once in a while to make the level go down. Embarassed
11 years ago
I'll wear anything - I've given Secretions Magnifique several full wearings despite the guttural feeling of disgust it elicits in me!
11 years ago
I have two perfumes from the synthetic-line by Comme des Garçons, "Series 6 Synthetic: Skai" and "Series 6 Synthetic: Soda". Skai is not that bad actually, it dries down to a pretty comforting leather, but until it gets there, one has to stand quite a pungent line of synthetic aromas and some of them even disgust me. Soda definitely reminds me of citrussy toilet cleaners in the opening, it is very acidic and almost hrutal. Later I smell weird hints of lemondrops and fresh bathwater.

I wear both, but only at home, it's nothing I would like to show myself off with. Both scents are extremely authentic and give you pretty much what they say, so I see them rather as unique experiences then as something I would use to make chicks hot.
11 years ago
One that seemd like a lovely oriental from the notes, smelled of nothing but urine on me
"Venezia" by Laura Biagiotti.
11 years ago
Cryptic:
"Alien" is completely unwearable IMHO. I got a bottle from my husband as a gift, and I spray it out the bathroom window once in a while to make the level go down. Embarassed

Laughing That is hysterical!!!!! I am envisioning you looking around to see if he is watching...then spraying it out the window and putting it back! Hilarious!!!
11 years ago
Luckily I never got caught, but I can't spray it out the window any more because the dogs were marking their territory against the side of the house underneath my bathroom window. Embarassed
11 years ago
Cryptic:
Luckily I never got caught, but I can't spray it out the window any more because the dogs were marking their territory against the side of the house underneath my bathroom window. Embarassed

Omg this is hilarious! People have always said that dogs were smart...
11 years ago
Eternity:
The opening of Shalimar

Yes, agree! Rolling Eyes
Scents from hell... 11 years ago
I have a habit of sniffing the cap of a perfume, to decide if I will try it on paper or my skin.
So i lifted the cap from Nasomatto's Duro and got this impression: very well used diapers!
Needless to say, i did not test this on my skin,
Black Afghano and Silver Musk however, are on my :hope to test soon, list.
11 years ago
I have to throw in "RED+MA".
Although I personally don't consider it horrible, I am pretty sure a lot of people will.
But then again I can see those please test it one, two, three times because the scent is intruiging.

I totally didn't expect what I smelled yesterday and today.
11 years ago
Yep,

Eternity:
The opening of Shalimar
, and now I really like the stuff.

But Carnal flower, oh dear, well at least now I know that coconut and Tuberose are not a winning combination for me.
11 years ago
Fun topic!

L'Air de Rein, Luten's MKK, Bal a Verseilles, Lush Breath of God, Musc Ravageur, Mon Cuir, Messe de Minuit, Avignon - all enjoyably stinky, in my book.

Angel, Lonestar Memories, Secretions Magnifique - compellingly repellant. Can't wear any of them on my skin but still like to have a little sample on hand.

The only thing I have ever disposed of on the grounds of being too ghastly to bear is CBIHP's Wild Hunt - appallingly fungal.
11 years ago
Dulcis in Fundo by Profumum Roma.
It is totally sweet vanille + seaweed blend. Special and extraordinary. And I run if I detect it in the air.

Cryptic, I would not spray out the Alien, maybe aliens take it as a sign: land here, UFOs! Very Happy
And if your husband will see, that you use it, he will buy it again.
Shocked
Things I cannot wear 11 years ago
These are grotesquely ugly on my skin. I do understand that they may be gorgeous on other people's skin.

CARNAL FLOWER by Frederic Malle
FRACAS by Robert Piguet
10 years ago
Tauer -All of them.
10 years ago
Nightmarish experience I had recently with a sample :
"Kinski"

Bad, very bad...strange it may be but on my skin unwearable. It still gives me the creeps when I think of that dirrrrty-musk-rotten-fruit blend. Rolling Eyes
10 years ago
Dalmajen:
Eternity:
The opening of Shalimar

Yes, agree! Rolling Eyes

The first few minutes of Habit Rouge is another one. Versace The Dreamer is straight from hell on my skin the first 10-15 minutes.
10 years ago
Cryptic:

Haha - that is so funny Cryptic! I am thinking of doing that with the small bottle of Aqua di Gio my husband has. I just hate the smell of that stuff!
10 years ago
Tar:
Cryptic, I would not spray out the Alien, maybe aliens take it as a sign: land here, UFOs! Very Happy
And if your husband will see, that you use it, he will buy it again.
Shocked

HaHa.
Nothing smells as bad as Dior Oud Ispahan.
26 - 50 by 63
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Scents From Hell - The Most Beautific Perfumes
Jump to