Search Forum

The classiest scent in your wardrobe

26 - 50 by 81
11 years ago
CHANEL NO. 19 edp

Even though I used to wear it daily, it's still my fancy dress up perfume.
11 years ago
Even though I wouldn't mind wearing it daily, I think some of the classic perfumes will fit your description of classy.
It's really hard to pick just one, but if I have to, it would be the vintage, original "Chloé" by Karl Lagerfeld.

As for a perfume that makes me feel like it's wearing me rather than me wearing it, I would say my bottle of "Shalimar Parfum Initial". It is so powdery that it makes me aware of it at all times, no subtle and smooth there.
11 years ago
This is quite hard to answer for me since I do not really experience many suit and tie events. However, I often choose perfumes that create a contrast - it's kinda nice to wear Pradas Amber or Tuscan Leather in a dance club. And it actually works.

I do suit up when I go to a play at a theater for example; for those occasions I usually pick "34 Boulevard Saint Germain" by Diptyque. I think in my collection it's the only scent that does smell luxurious, refined and expensive and yet is subtle.
11 years ago
Chamade. For some reason, it reminds of women like Slim Keith, Babe Paley and C.Z. Guest.
11 years ago
Since I spend my professional life in formal wear my pick for a "classy" scent is Creed Baie de Genievre. There is someting about it that is just so timelessly formal and Edwardian. Very Downton Abbey.
11 years ago
Hmmmm... Probably Heritage, but I think that's some sort of influence from my childhood. It smells like rich people's Christmas parties to me, so it's hard for me to wear in an informal occasion.

If it could be a classy scent that I find I can wear any time, it would be Mouchoir de Monsieur hands down. I think it's the definition of class for men. It's quite a shame it isn't marketed better as such - Cbanel No.5 uses that strategy to great effect (and deservedly so).
11 years ago
Bal a Versailles by Jean Desprez
11 years ago
Either Chanel No.19 EDP or Habit Rouge EDT by Guerlain.
11 years ago
Mine would have to be....Chanel Coromandel.
11 years ago
Hmm, the one I got a decant from for my 25th university reunion was 24, rue Faubourg Smile
As Njdeb wrote in her review
The definition of elegance and class

Edit, there are many other scents .. I'd consider Chamade as well, which I now also have as a miniature .
11 years ago
I can't say I have one particular standout that I would only save for Special Occasions, however, I have some that I have to be in the right mood to wear because they can be somewhat difficult.

That said, every perfume in my possession has its own voice, and I treat them as such. Just depends on the day on which voice is the loudest, you know?
11 years ago
I really do not have a 'classy' perfume as i regularly rotate them as my mood pleases. But if i want to stand out from the crowd I put on Amouage Hommage Attar, Jar bolt of lightning, Guerlain Quand Vient La Pluie or Shalimar and Serge Lutens Chergui.
11 years ago
Clive Christian #1 (for women - and blast, it's almost gone!) as well as Amouage Epic Woman.
Last edited by Wichapi on 27.03.2013, 04:54; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
Classy as in business suit and pearls: Chanel No. 22, Cuir de Russie, 31 Rue Cambon.

Classy as in black tie formal: Amouage Gold (either gender), Divine EdP.
11 years ago
"Gold " by Amouage
11 years ago
From my collection, I'd pick No. 1 by Clive Christian, because it's a fragrance I don't wear often and because it fits the bill... in terms of smelling "classy".
11 years ago
I realized yesterday that Moschino by Moschino makes me feel slightly underdressed. So, kinda classy.
11 years ago
CARNAL FLOWER, JUST FOR SPECIAL OCASIONS.
11 years ago
Mine would be discontinued Lillian Rubin. or or and or. Wink
11 years ago
Well...mine would have to be my latest acquisition, Habit Rouge. That stuff is classic and classy. Smile
11 years ago
Great choices everyone. I wish I had them all in my wardrobe.
11 years ago
The most expensive - "Safanad" by Parfums de Marly
The most dramatic - "Boudoir" by Vivienne Westwood
The most subtle - "Juliet" by Juliet Steward
The most intriguing - "Lys du desert" by Tauer Perfumes
The most feminine - "Miriam" by Tauer Perfumes

The most ... ? It varies ... there is no ending. Give me strength !
Give me patience ! Give me money ! $$$$$$$$$$

11 years ago
Anne Klein II I think but I don't know.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands The classiest scent in your wardrobe
26 - 50 by 81
Jump to