Search Forum

Masculine Leaning Rose

Masculine Leaning Rose 2 years ago

I am doing a dive now into Rose fragrances. I like the rose notes in Brit for Him (Eau de Toilette)Brit for Him Eau de Toilette but would like to find something more rose forward, yet slightly masculine.

I know Rose 31 (Eau de Parfum)Rose 31 Eau de Parfum is popular, but I didn’t like the cumin notes at all.

Im looking for options for spring/summer, and fall/winter. Any suggestions on what to try?

Re: Masculine Leaning Rose 2 years ago
DrHsgual

I am doing a dive now into Rose fragrances. I like the rose notes in Brit for Him (Eau de Toilette)Brit for Him Eau de Toilette but would like to find something more rose forward, yet slightly masculine.

I know Rose 31 (Eau de Parfum)Rose 31 Eau de Parfum is popular, but I didn’t like the cumin notes at all.

Im looking for options for spring/summer, and fall/winter. Any suggestions on what to try?

Smyrna might fit the bill 😉

2 years ago

"Portrait of a Lady | Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle" - despite of the name I think it would be great on a man.

2 years ago

a few suggestions:

ManRoseManRose - spicy rose

Hippie RoseHippie Rose - patchouli rose

Perfume Calligraphy RosePerfume Calligraphy Rose - resinous rose

and of course there are numerous Oud scents with rose. Personally I'm not a fan of those, so I cannot give a proper recommendation.

Re: Masculine Leaning Rose 2 years ago
DrHsgual

Perhaps give Zaharoff Signature Rosé a try. It might not be the best for summer, but definitely for spring/fall.

2 years ago

No doubt here Le Labo Rose 31

2 years ago 1

I'd suggest Voleur de Roses by l'Artisan Parfumeur.

2 years ago 1

Moschino - Toy Boy (Rosified Iso-E Super, think of clean Rose 31)

Dunhill - Desire Black (cheapie gem - rose with quite a dose of black pepper, slightly metallic vetiver a la Terre d'Hermes and very slightly dirty/barnyard drydown, i would even say oud-like a bit though not listed in the notes)

Gucci - Guilty Pour Homme Eau de Parfum

Comme des Garçons - Zero (Rose oxide - a bright rose ingredient - on top of classic CdG DNA of Cashmeran - Iso E Super but without vetiver and sandalwood overdose this time)

2 years ago

Lyric Woman maybe marketed to woman but yeah the rose is very much masculine and surprised no one mentioned it.

2 years ago

Maybe try Intense Cafe by Montale or Encens Mythique by Guerlain.

2 years ago

There are so many of them!

I personally like Intense Café, but that might lean more feminine

Toy Boy by Moschino is also a favourite of mine, masculine in my opinion.

Rose d'Homme by Les Parfums de Rosine could be another option as it has some leather and is not not rose heavy?

Voleur de Roses by L'Artisan Parfumeur

Something of an aquired taste (not to my liking, but preferences differ): Paestum Rose by Eau d'Italie

Masculine Leaning Rose 2 years ago

Masculine Leaning Rose

I would go with these five options ranked from top to bottom, which I feel are the most masculine:

1 The Moon

2 Promise

3 Tabac Rose

4 Garanat

5 Lyric Man

Portrait of a lady, Rose D'Arabie and Les Sables Roses are unisex, with the last one slightly leaning femme to me.

Of the abovementioned options, I would not go for Aramis Rose Calligraphy and Lyric Woman. Both are powdery roses that strongly lean towards feminine tastes.

1 year ago
Plumediris

I'd suggest Voleur de Roses by l'Artisan Parfumeur.

That's a great one!

I also love Rose PoivréeRose Poivrée which is not marketed specifically towards men, but is a great pick for men (and of course women too) in my opinion.

It's one of the four original fragrances J.C. Elena created for The Different Company and one of their very best I think!

11 months ago

I would recommend you tried Little Song by Meo Fusciuni, if you like Coffee profiles as well. 

11 months ago

Library Collection - Opus XLibrary Collection - Opus X - a rose that's metallic and varnish-like (don't be scared, it's still beautiful 😋 ), perfectly suitable for any gender.

11 months ago

In spite of the name:

Filles de Berlin - Serge Lutens

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Recommendations Masculine Leaning Rose
Jump to