Search Forum

Girly Man Fumes

Girly Man Fumes 12 years ago
Big and bold Is how I like It,know what I mean? but there seems to be a bang on trend for sweet and girly men scents. Wear what you like I say, but what Is your honest opinion on men smelling of Chanel No5 or worse, something with pink In the title? so come girls do you like your man to smell all sweet and girly or do you say he should smell like a man?. If you look at my collection you should get some Idea.
12 years ago
Well, most men I know hardly use any scent. If at least they wore No. 5! At work, virtually none. Some friends wear mainstream stuff (Boss orange - yeark, Armani Code). Downtown lots of guys wear le Male. Which i don't particularly like, partly because of the kind of guys who wear it most of the time.
But lately, I smelled Dior Homme Intense on a guy in a club and found it veeeery atractive!
No need for a tough guy to smell tough. I like contrasts and contradictions. So, if I wear "Équipage", my guy has to wear No. 5 at least Wink Anyway, some of the more mainstream girls scents like "Miss Dior Cherie" or "Coco Mademoiselle" are really hard to imagine on a man. They should stick with the classics and more substantial stuff.
12 years ago
DieNase:
Well, most men I know hardly use any scent. If at least they wore No. 5! At work, virtually none. Some friends wear mainstream stuff (Boss orange - yeark, Armani Code). Downtown lots of guys wear le Male. Which i don't particularly like, partly because of the kind of guys who wear it most of the time.
But lately, I smelled Dior Homme Intense on a guy in a club and found it veeeery atractive!
No need for a tough guy to smell tough. I like contrasts and contradictions. So, if I wear "Équipage", my guy has to wear No. 5 at least Wink Anyway, some of the more mainstream girls scents like "Miss Dior Cherie" or "Coco Mademoiselle" are really hard to imagine on a man. They should stick with the classics and more substantial stuff.

Now you see, this Is what I'm getting at. You mention Miss Dior and Coco Mad whats Its name, and NO, he shouldn't be doing It, Its so wrong. Don't misunderstand me, If a Drag Queen wants to use It then great, she can carry It off, but not your every day gorgeous beast of a man. Shocked
12 years ago
I think people should wear what they like. People's tastes are so different and so varied these days. I think it also comes down to personality. Some men i know hate to smell like men, and some try to smell as "manly" as possible.
12 years ago
Cooper20:
I think people should wear what they like. People's tastes are so different and so varied these days. I think it also comes down to personality. Some men i know hate to smell like men, and some try to smell as "manly" as possible.

exactly coop. i'm with you. I want to smell fruity and sweet and not like Axe, Boss or whatever *puke*.
12 years ago
Franfan20:
Cooper20:

exactly coop. i'm with you. I want to smell fruity and sweet and not like Axe, Boss or whatever *puke*.

Heyy Axe Dark Temptation smells soooo yumm! Chocooate and cherries, what else doo you need? Razz

Actually I have some friends (males ofc) who tend to wear some sprays of Gucci Rush for women. I myself even sometimes wear feminine scents, I love to wear Angel sometimes, but not too much, or else it will become too cloying, too overpowering, my wife loves it aswell when I'm wearing a little dab of Angel Smile I don't care tbh, I wear what I like Wink
12 years ago
I didn't find anything in your collection CyberToy1 that was terribly feminine. Well, unless I missed the Charlie. I think everything you have in your collection is acceptable for either men or women.

I agree with Cooper20 and say that you should wear what your like and are comfortable with. I think that everyone has the sense to know whether something is right for them or not. Both sexes have this ability.
12 years ago
Flaconneur:
I didn't find anything in your collection CyberToy1 that was terribly feminine. Well, unless I missed the Charlie. I think everything you have in your collection is acceptable for either men or women.

I agree with Cooper20 and say that you should wear what your like and are comfortable with. I think that everyone has the sense to know whether something is right for them or not. Both sexes have this ability.

Then clearly you weren't looking my dear Flaconneur,It amazes me how out of time you all are when It comes to fragrance trends. We are now years from the unisex and free thinking gender fragrances, I was In your frame of mind back In 2001 when It was fashionable to think that way. Yeah Its time to go back to basics guys, also time to catch up....yeah???? Shocked
12 years ago
Well, you've got Sycomore, Fat Electrician, Five o' clock au gingembre and Avignon in your collection. I do own these scents (full bottles/decants) and love them ON ME. So, you may choose whether you are horribly girly if not perverted or I am hopelessly butch Wink
12 years ago
I don't see the point in being conscious about following trends. Quite frankly I think everyone is entitled to do what they like in regards to their fragrances. Just because there's a "trend" for going back to basics- doesn't necessarily mean everyone should do that. I have male friends who quite openly wear fragrances from Mariah Carey's lolliepop Bling collection and that works well for them. More power to them I say.
12 years ago
Cooper20:
I don't see the point in being conscious about following trends. Quite frankly I think everyone is entitled to do what they like in regards to their fragrances. Just because there's a "trend" for going back to basics- doesn't necessarily mean everyone should do that. I have male friends who quite openly wear fragrances from Mariah Carey's lolliepop Bling collection and that works well for them. More power to them I say.

Agreed.
12 years ago
CyberToy1:
Then clearly you weren't looking my dear Flaconneur,It amazes me how out of time you all are when It comes to fragrance trends. We are now years from the unisex and free thinking gender fragrances, I was In your frame of mind back In 2001 when It was fashionable to think that way. Yeah Its time to go back to basics guys, also time to catch up....yeah???? Shocked

Chanel-Syacmore and Tom Ford-Black Orchid, how daring of you, CyberToy1. I can almost guarantee that I was wearing all classes of fragrance long before you were born Smile You know what they say, Whats old is new again.
12 years ago
Welcome to the Mad House beautiful people, I think the give away to me being a contradiction In terms was when I asked you to go take a look at my fragrance collection. Good girl Flaconneur you clearly did that, I doubt you are big and butch like Cooper but your right, Im a Pervert and proud of It, LMAO. Anyway I'm sure of one thing, your all as fabulous as your fragrance collections.
12 years ago
Flaconneur:
CyberToy1:

Chanel-Syacmore and Tom Ford-Black Orchid, how daring of you, CyberToy1. I can almost guarantee that I was wearing all classes of fragrance long before you were born Smile You know what they say, Whats old is new again.

Well my friend, the thing Is this, I dare. Also I'm a hundred and ten, how old are you?.
12 years ago
"Well my friend, the thing Is this, I dare. Also I'm a hundred and ten, how old are you?.

12 years ago
Cooper20:

second that Smile

MC works very well for me ^^
12 years ago
I do a lot of ornamental horticulture, so as a flower grower, I enjoy a lot of the sweet/floral fragrances. If I had a girlfriend who would wear them, then I'd be happy to get my fill of them that way. But since I don't, if I want to smell them, I have to wear them myself.

Granted they may not be my first choice when I go out on the town, but I'm not adverse to wearing them at home for my own enjoyment.

Plus so much work has gone into producing fragrances like these over the years, so as someone with an interest in scent, why should I cut myself off from them ?
12 years ago
@BobJ: the same with me. There are lots of marculines, very dry vetiver frags or stuff like Egoiste - that I looooove! Since I don't dispose of male skin in my proximity I have to wear that stuff myself. A good excuse actually - if one had to justify him-/herself. But we don't have to.
11 years ago
My motto is be yourself...Everyone else is Taken! So, I wear what I like with out worrying about what others think. Actually 2/3 of my collection is made up of feminine frags or ,if you like, unisex.
When I started exploring feminine frags I was a bit paranoid about wearing them out in public, but I kept reminding myself to be myself and I got over it and I'n so much more happier. I have beautiful masculine and feminine frags and I love them all!
11 years ago
I know a man who wears Shalimar. I say if you can rock it, do it!
10 years ago
Scents smell so different on everyone. I love the smell of Oud Ispahan, but cannot wear it. On the other hand my husband can rock it and it smells totally different and wonderful on him. Wear what you love!
10 years ago
That's exactly what I think. And I also agree, at least on this matter, with LT when he says that as we tend to be rebels when e are young, later in life we tend to be conservative. He points out that as time passes feminine scents become more masculine, specially nowadays. Also, I think it's just a matter of bottle and label. I do wear some feminine scents. Others I like but think it's not my style, like some masculine. There's plenty of room for everybody.

Scentimental:
My motto is be yourself...Everyone else is Taken! So, I wear what I like with out worrying about what others think. Actually 2/3 of my collection is made up of feminine frags or ,if you like, unisex.
When I started exploring feminine frags I was a bit paranoid about wearing them out in public, but I kept reminding myself to be myself and I got over it and I'n so much more happier. I have beautiful masculine and feminine frags and I love them all!

Very HappyVery HappyVery Happy
Notify about new comments
Jump to