Search Forum

The animalic bad girls

1 - 25 by 69
The animalic bad girls 11 years ago
You know the ones: The fragrances that are bursting with animalic ingredients and give them an embarrassing (or not... lol) overtly erotic element.
They are the perfumes that many will choose to not wear in public, only at home.
They can be found in just about any fragrance category, though my favorites are usually in the floral arena.

Une Fleur de Cassie and vintage Diorissio parfum are on my top list, for those.
What are yours?
11 years ago

Nothing has beaten this one on my list so far! Laughing

These two are right behind:

As much as I like all three of them....I don't think I ever ventured to wear any of them in public so far Confused
Last edited by Olga1780 on 12.11.2012, 01:18; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
How could I forget BaV???? An incredible scent, in many ways. Very Happy
11 years ago
Oh, My Sin, without a doubt! Very Happy
11 years ago
Paco Rabanne La Nuit
11 years ago
SL Musc Koublai Khan... Although depending on chemistry, that one may be an animalic bad boy. Wink
11 years ago
"Parfum de Peau" by Montana...goodness gracious, that one is a blast...on me, however, rather a nightmarish experience.

"Paloma Picasso" >-- I love it as the animalic notes are not overdosed on me. It is rather a chypre, though.

"Memoir Woman" >-- Very animalic but the tuberose and the absinth keep that at bay (for a while) Smile
11 years ago
I forgot "Arpège" / Lanvin and "No.5" >-- not to be underestimated as animalic bad girls Smile
11 years ago
I get that with "Boudoir" , but i simply cannot wear it!!
11 years ago
Va Voom! Van Cleef & Arpels First
11 years ago
My Sin by Lavin +1
11 years ago
My Favorite Animals are

11 years ago
Can't speak for them yet as I only tested a few, but bought a sample pack of 'skanky' fragrances, containing
- CB I Hate Perfume : CBMusk
- Guerlain: Jicky (already tested it.. nah!)
- Jean Desprez: Bal à Versailles (I believe it)
- Miller Harris: l'Air de Rien
- Montale: Aoud Cuir d'Arabie
- Narciso Rodriguez: Musc for Her EDP intense
- Nasomatto: Narcotic Venus
- Penhaligon : Amaranthine (nah!)
- Rochas: Femme
- SL: Musc Koublai Khan
- The Party: The party in Manhattan
- Worth : Courtesan

Taking notes from the other ones here Smile . Probably I'm more daring (or just inattentive) than others as I did and still do wear anything everywhere I go, including the weights area of the gym.

PS: recently got a 5ml split of the newest Parfum d'Empire: Musc Tonkin. It wasn't what I had hoped for but I think it may work wonders when layered as in turning 'shy' perfumes into animalic ones Smile
11 years ago
Well.......there is always this:
11 years ago
These also are not to be forgotten.

I really hate the reformulations. I used to like Maja as a teen! Sad
11 years ago
I have 3 bars of the vintage Maja soap. They smell good, pretty green color.
Last edited by Cincy on 30.01.2013, 18:18; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
Le Baiser du Dragon fits this category. A strange frag with basenotes at the top!? I would still wear it out though!
11 years ago
"7e Sens" by Sonia Rykiel is beautifully raunchy.
11 years ago
I agree with many of the gorgeous creations already listed and will add this one:

Versace "Blonde"!

Razz
11 years ago
A couple of dirty little secrets from the often thought to be demur Keiko Mecheri:

"Attar de Roses" and "A Fleur de Peau"

Watch out!!!!!

Shocked
11 years ago
DutchSniffer:
Can't speak for them yet as I only tested a few, but bought a sample pack of 'skanky' fragrances, containing
- CB I Hate Perfume : CBMusk
- Guerlain: Jicky (already tested it.. nah!)
- Jean Desprez: Bal à Versailles (I believe it)
- Miller Harris: l'Air de Rien
- Montale: Aoud Cuir d'Arabie
- Narciso Rodriguez: Musc for Her EDP intense
- Nasomatto: Narcotic Venus
- Penhaligon : Amaranthine (nah!)
- Rochas: Femme
- SL: Musc Koublai Khan
- The Party: The party in Manhattan
- Worth : Courtesan

Seriously? "Amaranthine" included in a skank pack? Huh.

Confused

And they must be talking about vintage "Jicky", not the spice cake in a barbershop reformulation.

Razz
11 years ago
Joy
Habanita
Weil Zibeline
Keihl's Musk (at least in the beginning)
MKK (at least in the beginning)
vintage Fleurs de Rocaille. Its only the vintage that has a mighty musk kick to it in the beginning, the most current version doesn't have this.
11 years ago
Hi everyone.
“I only wear Bal a Versailles when I'm happy and when I'm sad.
Sometimes I spritz it when I'm alone.
When I have company I consider it obligatory.
I trifle with it if I'm not in a hurry and mist it when I am, otherwise I never touch the stuff, unless I have showered
11 years ago
Well now, I'm getting seriously concerned about how I smell to others when in public! Perhaps I am anosmic to civet or just perceive it differently to others, as I'm realising that my most loved frags contain this note (or its modern equivalent) including the aforementioned "Joy", "Paloma Picasso" and "First". I work outdoors with a "personal fragrance space" that is almost infinite, so I happily don these on work days where they compete nicely with the odour of sunscreen and Aerogard (I know, it's not sounding pretty..).
It gets worse though. At my suggestion, my husband tried Paloma Picasso (which I find very unisex) and he now wears it to the office(!). Good god, is he anosmic too? Apparently no one complains, perhaps they are too polite.
I did own Versace "Blonde" in pure parfum but gave it away after realising that I really don't like heavy tuberose.
I usually don't find reputedly "skanky" frags to be all that skanky. The exception would be the most recent Rochas "Femme" which I thought smelled really "off", though I don't discount the possibility that the tester bottle was past best.
I think I might check out some of the suggestions above - with my nose, I'll probably find them to be "office friendly" too!
11 years ago
I'm with Triffid. My most loved fumes are 'skanky'
Like Triffid I am used to being outdoors, in my case, in the garden. (Like Vita Sackville West I broke my nails, my back and my heart with a spade in hand) My engagement and eternity rings, beautiful as they are, have not been worn as often as those of a regular girl. I love putting the jewels on and wearing my darlings, pearls, perfume and carrots.... hang on, correction, that's carats. Tomorrow the Kiwis will race Oracle Team USA. I'm thinking 'special occasion' get out the Fracas....
Notify about new comments
1 - 25 by 69
Jump to