Search Forum

What feminine frags can a man wear in your opinion?

1 - 25 by 42
What feminine frags can a man wear in your opinion? 11 years ago
Hello Ladies and Gents!

I have many masculine frags that I love,but my true love is feminine frags. My collection is 2/3 feminine and I am still exploring the feminine fragrance world as you can see by my wishlist. I don't see gender division in frags because I like to wear what I like and be myself. I would still like to get your opinions on which frags a man can wear?
A "Shalimar" that does not smell like "Shalim 11 years ago
When this flanker came out, it made waves. Not only was it of good quality, it also gained interest among the men. It is fruity and has a tonka bean dry down. This scent is only riding on the name, but could very well stand on its own.

"Shalimar Parfum Initial" by Guerlain
11 years ago
"Grain de Soleil"
"Omnia"
"N°19" (one of my beloveds, which I see you already have)

These are some that I find seem to transcend gender. I think because the ratio of sweet to dry is so balanced.
11 years ago
And I will add these two from your wishlist that I am very familiar with:

"Ambre Gris"

"Balmain de Balmain"

Again, gender neutral IMO because of a nice balance between sweet and dry. And very little or no vanilla.

Even though I am a vanilla addict, I completely understand people (especially men) who eschew vanilla, because I used to be one of those people. And while in theory I'd like to be able to think of all perfumes as gender neutral, my heart tells me that an obvious and dominant vanilla note has a way of feminizing the fragrance it's in.
11 years ago
Dulcemio:
And I will add these two from your wishlist that I am very familiar with:

"Ambre Gris"

"Balmain de Balmain"

Again, gender neutral IMO because of a nice balance between sweet and dry. And very little or no vanilla.

Even though I am a vanilla addict, I completely understand people (especially men) who eschew vanilla, because I used to be one of those people. And while in theory I'd like to be able to think of all perfumes as gender neutral, my heart tells me that an obvious and dominant vanilla note has a way of feminizing the fragrance it's in.

I don't mind vanilla in the basenotes of a fragrance if it's well blended.
Re: A "Shalimar" that does not smell like "Sh 11 years ago
Pipette:
When this flanker came out, it made waves. Not only was it of good quality, it also gained interest among the men. It is fruity and has a tonka bean dry down. This scent is only riding on the name, but could very well stand on its own.

"Shalimar Parfum Initial" by Guerlain

I am not a fan of Shalimar Intitial. I find it too sweet and nothing like the Vintage Shalimar or at least from the 80's backwards.
11 years ago
How about Bandit and Azuree? Based on your collection, I think you might enjoy them.
Bandit 11 years ago
Cryptic:
How about Bandit and Azuree? Based on your collection, I think you might enjoy them.

I have Azuree, but I have not tried Bandit yet and I love leather frags,so, Bandit will be a must try!
Re: Bandit 11 years ago
Scentimental:
I have Azuree...

I see that now...le duh! Embarassed

Have you tried La Perla? It is a beautiful floral chypre that can be had for a song.
Re: Bandit 11 years ago
Cryptic:
Scentimental:
I have Azuree...

I see that now...le duh! Embarassed

Have you tried La Perla? It is a beautiful floral chypre that can be had for a song.

No, Have not sniffed that one yet, but I will add it to my "to test" list. Thanks Cryptic!
11 years ago
Cryptic, I have heard good things about La Perla.
11 years ago
"Duende" is another good one that can be had for a song, inexplicably marketed to women (just look at that bottle), because if there ever was a gender-neutral fragrance, this is it.

Fresh, floral and green with good sillage and longevity.
11 years ago
I think I would like Duende, I have his "In Black"
11 years ago
Dulcemio:
"Duende" is another good one that can be had for a song, inexplicably marketed to women (just look at that bottle), because if there ever was a gender-neutral fragrance, this is it.

Fresh, floral and green with good sillage and longevity.

Thanks for the heads up on the Duende! I have not heard of this one either. I will have to sample this one too Dulcemio.
11 years ago
I like this topic because I wish more men would open their minds
to fragrances marketed to women, as I've never been a fan of the typically heavy musk-bergamot-vetiver laden men's fragrances that I've smelled all around me all my life. They are, in fact, a turn-off to me.

Scentimental,

What do you think of "Samsara"? It's got extremely well-blended vanilla, and as I wear it today, I can imagine it on a man and I don't think it would seem out of place.
11 years ago
Dulcemio:
to fragrances marketed to women, as I've never been a fan of the typically heavy musk-bergamot-vetiver laden men's fragrances that I've smelled all around me all my life. They are, in fact, a turn-off to me.

Scentimental,

What do you think of "Samsara"? It's got extremely well-blended vanilla, and as I wear it today, I can imagine it on a man and I don't think it would seem out of place.

I have wanted to try it, but everything I've read tells me it would be too sweet for my taste even though I think I would love it. I just wouldn't wear it out in public. Though I am pretty confident! However, I am thinking that Un Air De Samsara which is lighter would be perfection! I believe it's discontinued, but I found two bottles of EDT on eBay that are reasonable.
11 years ago
Balmain de Balmain - Balmain
Ambre Gris - Balmain
Jolie Madame - Balmain
Cristobal - Balenciaga
Le Dix - Balenciaga
Rumba - Balenciaga
Aliage - Estee Lauder
Cinnabar - Estee Lauder
Bellodgia - Caron
Nuit de Noel - Caron
Parfum Sacre - Caron
Poivre - Caron
Tabac Blonde - Caron
Chamade - Guerlain
Cuir Beluga - Guerlain
Djedi - Guerlain
Vol de Nuit - Guerlain
Shalimar - Guerlain
L'Heure Bleu - Guerlain
Mitsouko - Guerlain
Jicky - Guerlain
Liu - Guerlain
Mahora - Guerlain
Nahema - Guerlain
Parure - Guerlain
Rose Barbare - Guerlain
Vega - Guerlain
11 years ago
Cabochard - Gres
Diorella - Dior
Dioressence - Dior
Diorama - Dior
Dune - Dior
Baiser du Dragon - Cartier
Panthere - Cartier
Must - Cartier
Birmane - Van Cleef & Arpels
Boucheron - Boucheron
Futur - Piguet
Mademoiselle Piguet - Piguet
Calypso - Piguet
11 years ago
Everything I listed could easily be worn by men. Sometimes worn much better by men. Amen.
11 years ago
OT: It has been ridiculously cold and dry here lately, so my husband has been using my Hawaiian White Ginger hand lotion and really enjoys it. It doesn't strike me as the kind of scent that would work well on him but you just never know.
11 years ago
Cabochard by Gres+1
11 years ago
What about Paloma Picasso Confused: Spray and walk through.
11 years ago
Dulcemio:

Scentimental,

I changed my mind about Samsara! I took another sniff of it and found it a masterpiece for Guerlain! I think after the sweet opening had a chance to dry down some I could love this one!
11 years ago
FloraMilena:
Cabochard - Gres
Diorella - Dior
Dioressence - Dior
Diorama - Dior
Dune - Dior
Baiser du Dragon - Cartier
Panthere - Cartier
Must - Cartier
Birmane - Van Cleef & Arpels
Boucheron - Boucheron
Futur - Piguet
Mademoiselle Piguet - Piguet
Calypso - Piguet

Thank you for taking the time to make this wonderful list. I have tried, own or are on my watch list a lot of the list. However, I own some Guerlain's but, knew I should sample some more of their marvelous frags. I am entranced by the guerlinade! Thanks Again!

Scentimental
11 years ago
Beachgirl2:
Cabochard by Gres+1

Loved the smell of Cabochard, but it would not last longer than an hour on me. However, I found Estee Lauder's Azuree which blind folded you could not tell the difference and it's an EDP!
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands What feminine frags can a man wear in your opinion?
1 - 25 by 42
Jump to