Search Forum

Samples from Houses - best experience

26 - 50 by 60
11 years ago
Undergreen was quite ok as well although it took them a few tries to finally have the shipment done Wink
Last edited by Franfan20 on 14.02.2013, 10:32; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
It's been a while since we received our sample box from Ineke so I hope they have the same program in place: beautiful presentation box with 7-8 samples plus the cost of the samples was (is it still?) deducted from your first order.
At Apicius' suggestion I've placed a sample order with Divine and I'm awaiting its arrival. If I didn't have to pay the shipping from France it would have been a steal: about $15 US for 12 samples. Shipping/VAT doubles that price but even then, compared to what I'd pay a gray market decanter, I'm still coming out ahead money-wise. Not to mention that I'm directly supporting the artist and company.
11 years ago
Greysolon:
It's been a while since we received our sample box from Ineke so I hope they have the same program in place: beautiful presentation box with 7-8 samples plus the cost of the samples was (is it still?) deducted from your first order.
At Apicius' suggestion I've placed a sample order with Divine and I'm awaiting its arrival. If I didn't have to pay the shipping from France it would have been a steal: about $15 US for 12 samples. Shipping/VAT doubles that price but even then, compared to what I'd pay a gray market decanter, I'm still coming out ahead money-wise. Not to mention that I'm directly supporting the artist and company.

I recently ordered that sample set from Divine, also on the recommendation of Apicius. It is a fantastic value, and the presentation is so sleek. It also arrived in very little time...

I wish that all houses would wake up to the reality that gray market decanters are literally living off of perfumers' industry. It seems to me that everyone (well, except for gray market (= unlicensed) decanters) would be better off if all houses offered sample sets à la Ineke and Divine!
Cool
11 years ago
I've bought the Ineke sample set too after enquiring about it, but not from the perfumer directly but from a distributor in the NLs (Annindriya Perfume Lounge).
I was not too keen at first, because when I saw their picture it only showed the A to G (Gilded Lily) collection and not the latest addition of H (Hothouse Flower).
What a nice surprise when that one was included as an extra gift! I just needed to cut a bit of the foam to make space for it in the nice box.
Plus I got the same gift certificate!

A few weeks later I was invited to their December sniffing experience and bought another discovery set (a sample each of the newest acquisitions) as well as 3 samples from a new and upcoming Dutch artisanal perfumer with a very intrigueing name for his house: Magnetic Scent.
www.magnetic-scent.com/product-category/sample s/
For 3.5 euro each I bought 3 of his scents (Tindrer, Indigo and Untitled #2) . Quite the experience to meet an actual 'nose'
Cool. He sent them to me by mail after having sniffed 2 of them at the same location.
11 years ago
I became a fan of Ineke of course recently, but I'm still bummed about the international shipping policies of the floral curiosities scent. Anyway the design they did for the sample package is nice and I believe the north american guys when they have nothing but praise for the house.
---

On the other hand I would like to post some strange things that happened to me while asking for samples.

A Dozen Roses:
Although i had good contact with the owners of the brand and they even were in germany and wanted to send me samples nothing ever arrived nor did I receive answers to my mails since october, so I given up and can't understand the sudden change of mind.

Mendittorosa:
This brand does seem to have disappered before it even came to wider knowledge. the contact person's email is not valid anymore and his partner doesn't answer either and the website is off. would only wished to experience how lava ashes smell, but well I moved on.

Parfumologie:
the contact person wanted to send me a "Denise Richards" samples like 4 times already, but again I never received any confirmation or a sample. Sometimes it's just strange. Now I don't want it anymore.
11 years ago
John Pegg from Kerosene Fragrances is also a very nice guy.
11 years ago
Sherapop:
I recently ordered that sample set from Divine, also on the recommendation of Apicius. It is a fantastic value, and the presentation is so sleek. It also arrived in very little time...
I wish that all houses would wake up to the reality that gray market decanters are literally living off of perfumers' industry. It seems to me that everyone (well, except for gray market (= unlicensed) decanters) would be better off if all houses offered sample sets à la Ineke and Divine! Cool

My wife and I just received our sample package from Divine today. I try to avoid using teen age text message abbreviations but...

...O-M-G!

If you visit the photo album on my page you can see for yourself how beautiful the package is. Unwrapping it was like unfolding a work of origami. Not to mention a hand written note, a beautiful descriptive booklet and 12 samples of perfume. Stunning!
11 years ago
Greysolon:
Sherapop:
I wish that all houses would wake up to the reality that gray market decanters are literally living off of perfumers' industry. It seems to me that everyone (well, except for gray market (= unlicensed) decanters) would be better off if all houses offered sample sets à la Ineke and Divine! Cool

My wife and I just received our sample package from Divine today. I try to avoid using teen age text message abbreviations but...

...O-M-G!

If you visit the photo album on my page you can see for yourself how beautiful the package is. Unwrapping it was like unfolding a work of origami. Not to mention a hand written note, a beautiful descriptive booklet and 12 samples of perfume. Stunning!

Christmas in January--Hurrah! Very Happy
Floris, Hermes and L'Artisian Samples for the asking! 11 years ago
I emailed Floris perfumes and just out right asked for samples of there men's line and left my address and today I got an email back alerting me that they would be happy to the send the samples!
I have contacted Hermes and L'Artisian a while back, and they are just as friendly and willing to send out free samples if you ask for specific ones and don't ask for more than six or seven.
11 years ago
What is the Divine website please? Tried to google it, but nothing came up. Would love to browse, and see what they have! Thank you. Smile
11 years ago
Just found the Floris site .... Oh my ... those damn candles! Wish I could have them all .... 40 GBP is quite expensive ... and, the shipping here is 30 GBP. I could get a friend to bring me one..but they are a luxury! Who has tried this one? This is my choice. Wink
11 years ago
I forgot to mention JUL et MAD - they were so nice and supportive and really liked to have early opinions on the scents, so that's a good experience as well.

Antonio & Giovanni from Blood Concept are also quite nice fellas.

-----

Another one that's no good:

Union Fragrances wanted to send me something, but they never shipped and don't reply anymore? I just don't get it...
Last edited by Franfan20 on 20.02.2013, 15:57; edited 1 time in total
11 years ago
Franfan20:
I forgot to mention JUL et MAD - they were so nice and supportive and really liked to have early opinions on the scents, so that's a good experience as well.

Antonio & Giovanni from Blood Concept are also quite nice fellas.

-----

More not good ones:

Union Fragrances wanted to send me something, but they never shipped and don't reply anymore? I just don't get it...

It seems as though a lot of fly-by-night mom-and-pop "everyone's a creative director" niche houses are popping up. Not only launches and flankers, but also niche houses have gone viral! So I'm waiting until 2014 before I look into any of the survivors.

Wink
11 years ago
Franfan20:
John Pegg from Kerosene Fragrances is also a very nice guy.

+1
Absolutely!
11 years ago
Dalmajen:
What is the Divine website please? Tried to google it, but nothing came up. Would love to browse, and see what they have! Thank you. Smile

www.divine.fr
11 years ago
Dolby:
Dalmajen:

www.divine.fr

Divine has been, hands down, the best company I've dealt with for any product. Just take at look a my photo album to see the amount of care and detail they put into each order.

Their website requires a Flash Player so if you frequently use an iPad or a tablet without Flash you'll have to switch to a Flash enabled device/computer to use their site.
11 years ago
Just wondering how/if sample programs are being impacted by recent policy changes re mailing perfumes? Anyone know?
11 years ago
Thank you Dolby, and Greysolon! I will check them out today! I hope they ship to Croatia)...Thanks once again! Smile
11 years ago
I just went on their website, and want to order the samples, but it is very difficult to get around there! When I clicked on the samples, no shopping bag, and so on...also, can't find any shipping info! Will try again, but pretty frustrating. I went back, and tried it again, and have ordered the sample set! I paid the same for the bloody postage, as for the set..but want to try these! Hope I love some of them!
11 years ago
I concur with the praise for Divine - simply the most charming customer service I have encountered.
11 years ago
I received my lovely sample set yesterday! Full agreement with the members who praised this Co. Lovely packaging, every care taken in the presentation! I love the explanatory cards etc. Now I will enjoy the testing! Was planning on first test today, but developed a cold, so will wait till feeling better! Thank you for the links!
11 years ago
Sharra of Alkemia Perfumes is very generous adding freebie samples to bottle purchases, plus she has excellent prices on her sample sets. Regular customers can also expect surprises like prototypes or sneak-previews included.
11 years ago
/here is a new site, recommended by a scent Buddy of mine) The sample packs are 10 euro's), and do take the little test, just for fun...to see if it really works! It will suggest 5 frags for you to try)...

nose.fr/en/
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Samples from Houses - best experience
26 - 50 by 60
Jump to