Search Forum

I used to HATE it, till I fell in LOVE with it

I used to HATE it, till I fell in LOVE with it 2 years ago

I blindly bought a vintage bottle of Narcisse (Eau de Toilette)Narcisse Eau de Toilette years ago. I tried it and found it cloying. Oh, and I hated the drydown so much! I gave it to my mom, who tucked it away, never to be seen again. After she passed away the bottle came back to me. I remembered hating it so I tried to get rid of it but no one would have it. I tried it again and FELL IN LOVE. Shout-it-from-the-rooftops kind of love. I don't know what happened but I'm so smitten with it. It reminds me of one of my biggest loves, Organza (Eau de Parfum)Organza Eau de Parfum, though I can't put my finger on why this is so. I'm grateful no one would take it.

I know I can't be the only one who's had this type of delayed experience. Has this happened to you? What scent was once a scrubber but is now a favorite? I'd love to know! Maybe I need to go back and try some other scents I once dismissed.

2 years ago

I bought Guerlain Vetiver based on the word of reviewers I trust.  At first it seemed like I'd made a huge mistake.  On about the fifth wearing-when I was about to give up- the fragrance clicked.  Now, it is a favorite. 😃

Cheers!

2 years ago
The ones that grew on me:

Gris Dior- Because it had similar notes to Dark Purple (Montale) and that wound up smelling like floor cleaner on my skin. I only tried it once when I bought it and didn't touch it again until May and wore it for a week and was pleasantly surprised, now I enjoy it.

Ma Dame- One of my early purchases during my discovery of fragrances, I wound up having a love/hate relationship with it until recently when I sprayed it again I released I was now at an age where I can feel confident wearing it compared to 18 year old me.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands I used to HATE it, till I fell in LOVE with it
Jump to