Search Forum

Which Fragrance Evokes the Most Memories for You and Why?

1 - 25 by 31
Which Fragrance Evokes the Most Memories for You and Why? 11 years ago
Which Fragrance Evokes the Most Memories for You and Why? My happens to be vintage POLO green. It reminds me of my younger days,college and being footloose and fancy free!
Last edited by Scentimental on 09.02.2013, 16:34; edited 1 time in total
Vintage Shalimar 11 years ago
After I went through various experiences as a teenager, which episodes were highlighted with perfume purchases, nothing is as important as my first bottle of Shalimar. It was my companion throughout my young marriage and many years in adulthood. It will always have a special place in my memories.

Today my collection is big. My outlook is different. Various scents accompany various activities/goals. No bottle is center piece.
11 years ago
Jessica McClintock reminds me of the holidays, especially Easter. My mom wore it any time we dressed all fancy-like.
11 years ago
I wore Oscar de la Renta "Oscar" always and exclusively as an undergraduate, so even the tiniest waft of it today evokes a rush of memories from college days!

Laughing
11 years ago
Chanel 19 I fell in love with it when I was 12, bought it from my first salary at the age of 15 or 16 and used it for 18 years. It was just so me. I wouldn't hear of any other perfume. And then one day, it was over.
11 years ago
Girasole:
Chanel 19 I fell in love with it when I was 12, bought it from my first salary at the age of 15 or 16 and used it for 18 years. It was just so me. I wouldn't hear of any other perfume. And then one day, it was over.

Wow: 18 years! That's a long-term affair!
Shocked
11 years ago
I took a sniff of Aromatics Elixir the other day as I am thinking of re-purchasing and was instantly time warped back to the late 1980's and the gay club where my friend and I used to go to dance.
11 years ago
I see this topic posted often. For some reason, I cannot think of one memory I associate with any of the fragrances I use. My dad used to wear something that smelled nice,I think it was aftershave. I never knew the name of it but Carrington reminds me of it.
11 years ago
For me it is YSL pour Homme. I still all these years later remember walking through my local drugstore at the time where they had a demo bottle on display. Being the inquisitive type of kid, I just had to spray the stuff for fun and was just amazed at smelling this great lemon scent that I had never imagined was out there. I didn't know it at the time back then, but that is where my fragrance journey began...
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
My first scent memory--not a brand fragrance memory per se--was old fashioned lilacs in our yard when I was two. The first scent I wore as a teen was Muguet de Bois, the cheap stuff, mind you, but nonetheless a sentimental favorite with me since it still reminds me of that state of innocence and anticipation that is part of being 15. I still love lily of the valley and wear Dior's in spring and summer.

What a lovely memory. My first one is nowhere near as poetic -- Murphy's Wood Oil Soap, lol. My mother swore by the stuff and the house always had a whiff of it, especially in the summer when smells seemed to magnify.
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
My first scent memory--not a brand fragrance memory per se--was old fashioned lilacs in our yard when I was two. The first scent I wore as a teen was Muguet de Bois, the cheap stuff, mind you, but nonetheless a sentimental favorite with me since it still reminds me of that state of innocence and anticipation that is part of being 15. I still love lily of the valley and wear Dior's in spring and summer.

I wore Muguet de Bois in grade school and I still love it along with anything else that has Lily of the Valley. It was my signature scent for years untll Jessica McClintock came out. I think our earlier loves will always influence us.
11 years ago
I'm never sure whether I like Boucheron Trouble. To me, it's mostly Murphy's Oil Soap! It amuses me even more that it comes in such an elegant bottle from a jewelry company! Smile
11 years ago
PBullFriend:
I'm never sure whether I like Boucheron Trouble. To me, it's mostly Murphy's Oil Soap! It amuses me even more that it comes in such an elegant bottle from a jewelry company! Smile

That's one of the reasons I love it. Wink

I thought of another early olfactory memory: The smell of sheets and blankets dried on a clothesline out in the open air. It was heaven!
11 years ago
In 1997, I had my first job as a lawyer. I had to leave my home town for it, and I was living alone in a remote place in East Germany.

It was winter, we had extreme cold, and the plain landscape was covered with snow and ice. I felt both lost and thrilled by my new experiences at the same time.

At the weekends, I used to drive to the next bigger town which was about 45 minutes by car. Once, I noticed a bird of prey right next to the country road. It was a buzzard or a red kite, and he had hit a rabbit and was now sitting on his prey, his claws driven deep into the flesh in order to defend it against the car traffic. He kept sitting there for days!

Somehow, this bird reflected my own situation and my mood. The plain and empty winter landscape, the snow and the cold, the icy starry nights and this bird of prey are now linked in my mind with the ozonic touch of Jesus del Pozo's "Quasar" which I happened to wear at that time. Quasar is a respectable and recommendable aquatic which most people would probably regard as a summer fragrance. For me, however, it is winter only!
11 years ago
It's probably Timeless by Avon. It was my grandmother's signature scent.

I also remember breaking a bottle of my mother's Emeraude when I was child. The house smelled of it for weeks.
11 years ago
For me, this is "Jacomo de Jacomo" - perfume, which is my ''Stargate'', opening the way to those experiences... thrilling, exciting, and dreamy... when the world was young, everything is possible, and is bright, infinite the time ahead of us. Because of this (but only one of reasons) this perfume is so exciting and yet so alive to me.
11 years ago
"Anaïs Anaïs"

My mother wore it in the late 70s and through much of the 80s. It will always remind me of her.

She has since changed her signature scent (to "Angel" unfortunately), but I will always have the scent memory of her in "Anaïs Anaïs".
Omnivore 11 years ago
In the late sixties, Auckland, New Zealand, my Mother worked as a housemaid in an International Hotel. Occasionally guests would leave bottles because they were almost empty or occasionally they would be forgotten. There was no way of reuniting a checked out guest who was in the air by the time the cleaners came in and these perfumes were our roadkill. I was about thirteen, the only daughter in a family that struggled financially and yet I had the perfume collection of an aristocrat. It's called champagne tastes on a beer budget. And so began my love for Chanel, Ma Griffe, Shocking, Joy, and Weil de Weil to name a few.
P. S. As we all know the dregs of a perfume bottle can still last quite a long time. I couldn't pronounce some of the names and today I cringe at the thought...Je Reviens for example
But the banana (I think its pineapple) cuts through the cold 11 years ago
Apicius:
In 1997, I had my first job as a lawyer. I had to leave my home town for it, and I was living alone in a remote place in East Germany.

It was winter, we had extreme cold, and the plain landscape was covered with snow and ice. I felt both lost and thrilled by my new experiences at the same time.

At the weekends, I used to drive to the next bigger town which was about 45 minutes by car. Once, I noticed a bird of prey right next to the country road. It was a buzzard or a red kite, and he had hit a rabbit and was now sitting on his prey, his claws driven deep into the flesh in order to defend it against the car traffic. He kept sitting there for days!

Somehow, this bird reflected my own situation and my mood. The plain and empty winter landscape, the snow and the cold, the icy starry nights and this bird of prey are now linked in my mind with the ozonic touch of Jesus del Pozo's "Quasar" which I happened to wear at that time. Quasar is a respectable and recommendable aquatic which most people would probably regard as a summer fragrance. For me, however, it is winter only!
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Which Fragrance Evokes the Most Memories for You and Why?
1 - 25 by 31
Jump to