Search Forum

Marine scents : beach in a bottle :)

26 - 42 by 42
12 years ago
"Polynesian Gardens" is beachy, but too expensive for the average man/woman.
12 years ago
I wonder if anyone else has the same problem with me..

I adore "beachy" aquatic scents.. but I have a huge problem with some of them....

for example perfumes like Aria Di Mare or Etoile de Rem

they smell somehow like.. hmmm stale egg??.. not only on me by also in paper strip
I wonder what is that note that gives me that ood smell
anyone with similar experience?

let me add that this stinky note was in neroli by le labo as well.. but not that intense
12 years ago
Brezza di Mare was amazing by Il Profumo!
11 years ago
@ Turkoise

Yes that happens to me to. Aria di Mare has the same effect on me.
Sel Marin also. I can not bare them.
I blame it on the "seaweet" note...
11 years ago
Laguna or Laguna Maravilla by Dali

Miss Rocaille by Caron

Batucada L Artisan Parfumeur
I love the marine notes in these!
11 years ago
My chemistry doesn't do well with marine/ozonic perfumes at all: my skin turns them all into... glass cleaner! Surprised
11 years ago
Beside those mentioned, I'd just add
www.parfumo.com/Perfumes/Profumi_del_Forte/Tir renico

extremely salty!
11 years ago
Paprincess:
Can anyone give me their thoughts on CB I Hate Perfume At the Beach 1966. Thanks!

If I'm remembering correctly, it smells a lot like the old formula of Coppertone suntan lotion.
11 years ago
Paprincess:
Can anyone give me their thoughts on CB I Hate Perfume At the Beach 1966. Thanks!

That is one fragrance that is on my test list. Thanks for reminding me.
11 years ago
I had been searching for a marine /oceanic scent, but most use that ozone note which gives the scent a synthetic smell that I hate. Then a Basenotes member was giving away a marine frag, so, I thought I would try it! It is Antica Farmacista Aqua and it works very well for me and I don't think it's pricey either.
11 years ago
I went in search of a marine/ozone scent, and after wading through suntan oils and coconut, finally found one that fit my scent-sibilites, Laura Tonatto Oltre.
11 years ago

11 years ago
Hermes Eau de Merveilles is a wonderful beach scent. A classy number
11 years ago
Paprincess:

I've tested this one side by side with Bobbi Brown Beach and I found At the Beach was more true Coppertone Body Lotion smell, it is amazingly true to that scent memory. At the Beach is less floral and more hot baked skin than Bobbi Brown Beach. But they are very close to each other, IMO. I own a bottle of Bobbi Brown Beach and I will never be able to finish it- it is nice sometimes, but some days is very oily and can be too salty, sometimes almost like low tide. At the Beach was much more like sun baked skin, Sandy and that specific chemical that was used in Coppertone Suntan lotion in the mid 60s-80s. Both of these scents are definitely for the beach vibe and not just marine sea salt scents. If I had to chose again- I would have gone with At the Beach as more wearable. That's my take.
10 years ago
I have and love Fragrances of Ireland Inis. It's like a cold blast of seas spray. It's perfect for summer.
10 years ago
The only one I can think of would be www.parfumo.com/Perfumes/Estee_Lauder/Bronze_G oddess_2013
I've tried this one, and using it in the heat of the summer is wonderful.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes by Note, Accord, Genre Marine scents : beach in a bottle :)
26 - 42 by 42
Jump to