Search Forum

How many discontinued perfumes do you own?

1 - 25 by 60
How many discontinued perfumes do you own? 11 years ago
Out of curiosity, how many perfumes in your wardrobe are now out of production?
11 years ago
Frankly, have no idea, since I'm rarely buying full bottles or look it up. It only crossed my mind when checking here on parfumo as it is indicated.
The only one I know for sure and have a bottle from,is Tendre Poison !
11 years ago
Only one : "Baiser du Dragon" by Cartier

A shame they no longer produce it - such a nice almondy elixir.
11 years ago
20 that I know for sure.
11 years ago
Using the Parfumo database I counted 33 out of production perfumes from the minis and FBs currently in my wardrobe, plus another 8 at least that I'm pretty sure are gone but not identified as such in the database.

You can tell I have work to do but am trying to avoid it Smile
11 years ago
Agreed Dlane. There were several more in my wardrobe including Rumba that I believe are not in production any more.

I have Lillian Rubin that isn't in the database, Crying or Very sad that was discontinued years ago.

20 plus
Didn't count mini's
11 years ago
Good question. I won't look it up but I think I have at least 10.
11 years ago
I just counted 33, but I think that there are more, because some of the more obscure items, such as the Le Labo special edition Anthropologie perfumes, appear to be discontinued, though they have not been identified as such. They were launched for such a short period of time!
Rolling Eyes
11 years ago
Digindirt:
Good question. I won't look it up but I think I have at least 10.

That sounds about right for me as well.
11 years ago
I think 30% of mine are discontinued! Surprised

But I don't have a ton to begin with.
11 years ago
Right now I only own Inverse that has been discontinued last year.
11 years ago
It seems like most of you don't count samples? I'm counting each and evrery single drop (even when it was only 1/4ml to begin with) and yet had not looked it up.
But just today I realized there must be lots of them as the SOTD was already discontinued a few months after buying it at 50% discount .. not unusual at Yves Rocher: YR Pur Désir de Lilas.
That's already 4 for the Désir line alone (Mimosa, Lilas, Fleur d'Oranger and Pivoine) and like was said before, it is wrongly listaed as still being in production, e.g. for Mimosa 'Released in the year 2005, apparently still in production.'
11 years ago
I guess about 20... - I seem to have a developed a fond liking for those fragrances which are/were discontinued... and lament every drop of an old vintage gem I use...but then again, nothing lasts forever. Perfume is ephemeral by definition.
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
Gold:
I guess about 20... - I seem to have a developed a fond liking for those fragrances which are/were discontinued... and lament every drop of an old vintage gem I use...but then again, nothing lasts forever. Perfume is ephemeral by definition.

(Part of it's attraction, I think. As all beauty is ephemeral.)

wisdom
Cool
11 years ago
DutchSniffer:
It seems like most of you don't count samples? I'm counting each and evrery single drop (even when it was only 1/4ml to begin with) and yet had not looked it up.

Owning a perfume to me begins with the smallest bottle. As I don't collect miniatures (only got 3 gifted) I don't count them in as well, although this would be the smallest amount possible to technically own it. A sample is a sample to be honest.
11 years ago
Of 109 samples, I count 9 as discontinued including Balenciaga Rumba though it is not identified as such.

At least one problem with the Parfomo database concerns Givenchy, specifically the conflation of the originals with the Les Mythiques line recreations, with the result that "Givenchy lll", for example, looks like it's in production when it isn't. Same goes for "L'interdit" etc. IMHO this confusion between original lines and re-issues or recreations (I'm not talking about reformulations here) is problematic, though I recognize that logistically it might be tricky to rectify since people have already left reviews. Still, for the sake of accuracy, and being tidy-minded, I'd like to see it fixed. I have already asked about this in the appropriate thread btw.
11 years ago
Lessee.... Off the top of my head, full bottles only:

M. Micallef Shanaan
M. Micallef Black Sea
M. Micallef Red Sea
Oeillet Bleu (Blue Carnation)
L'Artisan Oeillet Sauvage
L'Artisan Verte Violette (original formula)
L'Instant de Guerlain Eau de Noel Iris Millesime
Serge Lutens Rousse (?)
11 years ago
Seatonica , when I have a bit of free time, I'm going to see which ones of the full bottles/samples/miniatures are discontinued, at least according to Profumo's database.
Your question made me want to add yet another tidbit of info to a huge spreadsheet Smile
Or is there a way to do a quick search in the database?
11 years ago
Just checked my mini's, I have 3.
Quote...(isn't Rumba spectacular?) It really is Dlane and the bottle is a bonus.
11 years ago
DutchSniffer:
Seatonica , when I have a bit of free time, I'm going to see which ones of the full bottles/samples/miniatures are discontinued, at least according to Profumo's database.
Your question made me want to add yet another tidbit of info to a huge spreadsheet Smile
Or is there a way to do a quick search in the database?

DutchSniffer, you can go to your wardrobe, and place your cursor over the picture, and whether it is discontinued or not is readable right there. No need to search the database for each individual item--thank goodness!

Smile
11 years ago
Thanks, that will go faster.
BTW, a mini of Balenciaga Rumba is coming my way in a few days. One of the many (?) said to be still in production.

edit.. indeed it was faster than feared for, but there must be more as we already know about a few to be said in production that aren't. I'd ordered mine from new to old, but a lot were w/o a year . About 20 samples from discontinued fragrances, 10-11 miniatures and 10 full bottles (starting at 15ml)

Samples/decants
1 Tom Ford Moss Breches
2 Tom Ford Japon Noir
3 Paul Smith Story
4 Mugler Rose Angel
5 Mugler Pivoine Angel
6 Guerlain Attrape coeur
7 Paul Smith Floral
8 Cartier Baiser du Dragon
9 Georgi Armani Sensi
10 Guerlain Mahora
11 Balenciaga Cristobal
12Iceberb Universe
13 Coty Universo
14 Van Cleef & Arpels Gem
15 L'artisan Parfumeur Vanilia
16 {Galimard Printemps Japonais?}
17 Balenciaga Quadrille
18 Balmain Vent vert
19 Robert Piguet Bandit
20 Wiener Bouquet Petit Point

mini
1 YSL Opium secret de parfum
2 Boucheron Jaipur Saphir
3 Boucheron Jaipur
4 Cartier Must II
5 YR Rose Ispahan
6? Givenchy Le Dé ?
..........to arrive....
7 Dior Dior Dior (not in database)
8 Krizia Krazy
9 Shiseido Féminité du Bois
10 Sonia Bogner NOW
11? Balenciaga Rumba?

full bottles
1-4 [YR Pur Desir line: Pivoine, Mimosa, Fleur d'Oranger, Lilas]
5 [YR Rose Absolue]
6 [YR Neonatura]
7 [Mauboussin?]
8 YR Ming Shu Fleur Rare
9 [YR Nature]
10 Dior Tendre Poison
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands How many discontinued perfumes do you own?
1 - 25 by 60
Jump to