Search Forum

What are your favorite Rose perfumes?

1 - 25 by 43
What are your favorite Rose perfumes? 11 years ago
Rose is used in so many perfumes, but which are your favorites?

Mine are:

"Haneen" by Al Haramain
"Incense Rose" by Tauer Perfumes
"Or et Noir" by Caron
"Gold" by Amouage
"Chloe" by Chloe

And, in this connection, here is some eye candy, a series of Articles written by Raphaella Barkley, "Raphaella's Roses".
11 years ago
The most roses in sniffapaloozamagazine I don´t even know.....
Anyway, at the moment, my favorites roses are:

"Lipstick Rose" by Frédéric Malle
"Velvet Rose & Oud" by Jo Malone
"Rose Praliné" by Parfums de Rosine
"Ce soir ou jamais" by Annick Goutal
"Quel Amour!" By Annick Goutal
"Rose Barbare" by Guerlain
"Rose Nacrée du Desert" by Guerlain
Last edited by Charlotte on 23.06.2013, 19:44; edited 2 times in total
11 years ago
Keiko Mecheri "Attar de Roses" and "Mogador"

Creed "Fleurs de Bulgarie"

Ineke "Briar Rose"

Montale "Attar"

Guerlain "Chamade" and "Nahema"

Malle "Lipstick Rose"

Nejma "Two"

These are a few!

Cool
Last edited by Sherapop on 09.07.2013, 23:33; edited 1 time in total
Re: What are your favorite Rose perfumes? 11 years ago
Pipette:
And, in this connection, here is some eye candy, a series of Articles written by Raphaella Barkley, "Raphaella's Roses".

I looked at this list--quite extensive! It makes me wonder whether there are any perfumes containing rose which she does NOT like. She speaks in such glowing terms of virtually every rose-containing perfume in existence! Are there no distinctions in quality whatsoever?

Rolling Eyes
11 years ago
My favorite Rose perfume is definitely and without a doubt Guerlain's "Rose Barbare", with Goutal's "Ce Soir ou Jamais" in a tie for second place with Boadicea's "Glistening". I also really love Tea Rose by Perfumer's Workshop and Ineke's Briar Rose.
I don't include my Rose/Oud combinations ... those are in a list of their own Smile. There is nothing like a beautiful Rose fragrance. There are SO many of them out there ... one for everybody to find and enjoy in their own way!!
11 years ago
Coutureguru:
There are SO many of them out there ... one for everybody to find and enjoy in their own way!!

Good point! The author of the piece probably agrees with you and does not want to show any favoritism... But surely she makes distinctions of some sort?
Cool
11 years ago
Couture Guru is right: "Rose Barbare" deserves special mention!

SmileSmileSmile
11 years ago
Oh,yes, me, too!

"Rose Barbare" is definitely the best so far.

For a darker rose, I can recommend Washington Tremletts "Black Tie" and among the Montale Oud range, "Aoud Flowers" has the most mature and respectable approach to the rose theme.

May I also add a warning? Never ever wear Cartier's "Declaration d'un Soir" together with clothes that are difficult to wash!

This perfume contains what we will be getting in the future once the IFRA succeeds with their plans to prohibit natural rose oil.
11 years ago
I quite liked the Serge Lutens Sa majesty la Rose when I tried it in a shop but I haven't given it a test run yet.

(How do you add a link?)
11 years ago
You open the window where you see the story. Highlight the URL on the top of that page. Right Click/ Copy.
Go back into this composing box and Right Click/ Paste the URL.
11 years ago
Apicius:
May I also add a warning? Never ever wear Cartier's "Declaration d'un Soir" together with clothes that are difficult to wash!

This perfume contains what we will be getting in the future once the IFRA succeeds with their plans to prohibit natural rose oil.

Yes, you are right Apicius Smile ... but this is one of the facets of d'un Soir that I really like ... it hangs out forever on my clothes and projects beautifully. I've had so many compliments while wearing it and it is another favorite Rose for me ... but I agree that it should preferably be worn with the same outfit ... teehee ...
11 years ago
Coutureguru:
Apicius:

Yes, you are right Apicius Smile ... but this is one of the facets of d'un Soir that I really like ... it hangs out forever on my clothes and projects beautifully. I've had so many compliments while wearing it and it is another favorite Rose for me ... but I agree that it should preferably be worn with the same outfit ... teehee ...

Now my interest is piqued--I believe that there is a sample of this in my queue. I'll have to try it!

All of this discussion about rose and IFRA is making me wonder what power they have over stuff like rose absolute/essential oil. They cannot outlaw that, can they? Maybe the solution is to go natural, using essential oils and reminiscing on "the old days" when perfume was perfume?

Rolling Eyes

By the way, another suggestion for the list, for anyone looking for JUST rose:

"Demeter Naturals Rose"

Cool
11 years ago
I like Chloé by Chloé (2007 version); I know honey isn't a note, but it smells like honey and roses to me. I have trouble wearing it due to an association with it, but I like the smell on others.
11 years ago
One of my favorite notes. My favorite rose compositions are:

Portrait of a Lady by EdP Frederic Malle is an outstanding composition featuring rose and incense with raspberry support over a patchouli base. This is my favorite fragrance outright.

Lalfeorosa by O'driu is an entirely original spicy composition that uses rose to tone down its more aggressive spicy facets. Another that is in my top 5 fragrances outright, but is sadly unavailable (and super-expensive at about $1200 a bottle even when it was).

JHL (vintage) by Aramis features a great rose and carnation tandem.

Une Rose by EdP Frederic Malle is a reference calibre rose soliflore.

Lumiere Noire pour Homme by MFK is a fragrance that uses a soft rose to support the other complex facets it offers... IMO the best from MFK.

Une Fille de Berlin by Serge Lutens is another outstanding rose soliflore that gives Une Rose a run for its money for a lot less.

No. 89 (vintage) by Floris is a classic woody vetiver composition with rose support.

I could go on and on as there are so many outstanding ones on the market...
11 years ago
my favourite is Rose - by Jasper Conran
11 years ago
"Luxor Oud" by Memo (fruity-smokey)

"Very irrestible Intense" by Givenchy (chypre-fruity)

"Black Aoud" by Montale (patchouli-rose)

"Coco" by CHANEL (carnation-rose)

"Knowing" by Estee Lauder (smoky-honey-rose)

"Midnight Oud" by JHAG (leathery rose)
Roses Best on My Skin 11 years ago
Serge Lutens - LA FILLE DE BERLIN
Frederic Malle - UNE ROSE
Diptyque - EAU ROSE
Juliet Has A Gun - MISS CHARMING
Paul Smith - PAUL SMITH ROSE
Lanvin - JEANNE LA ROSE
Cartier - GOUTTE DE ROSE
Neela Vermeire - MOHUR
Keiko Mecheri - DAMASCENA
Montale - HIGHNESS ROSE
M. Micallef - ROSE EXTREME
Chloe - CHLOE ROSE EDITION
YSL - PARIS & PARIS FLANKERS

Last edited by FloraMilena on 14.08.2013, 23:29; edited 2 times in total
11 years ago
Whenever I need roses around me I choose one of the following :
"Luxor Oud" / MEMO
"Black Aoud" / MONTALE
"Very Irrésistible Givenchy L'Intense" / GIVENCHY
"Midnight Oud" / JHAG
"Knowing" / Estee Lauder

One very nice rose scent is "Deep Roses" by MONTALE. You cannot have any more roses than with that scent (and some tangerines).
11 years ago
Rose Oud by Kilian
11 years ago
Roses are growing on me, but I am definitely still a novice in this note category. Recently, I have encountered several Rose dominant fragrances that I would consider:

Serge Lutens' "La Fille de Berlin"
Serge Lutens' "Sa Majeste La Rose"
Keiko Mecheri's "Bal de Roses"
Keiko Mecheri's "Attar de Roses"
Jo Malone's "Rosewater and Vanilla"
Diptyque's "L'Ombre Dans L'Eau"
11 years ago
I wear Gres Cabaret and Sa Majeste layered. Strange but true
10 years ago
Favorite rose: Caron's Delire d Rose

Great inexpensive rose: Lanvin Rumeur 2 Rose - rose with light green notes. Nice for summer.
10 years ago
"No. 08 - Une Rose Chyprée" by Tauer Perfumes
10 years ago
Valandria and Cincy, thanks for resurrecting this thread.

My two favorites are, unfortunately, really expensive so I have obtain them in decants.
The dark, rich almost chocolate rose of "Noir de Noir" by Tom Ford
The suede and rose combination of "Rose de Nuit" by Serge Lutens
10 years ago
Omni:
I wear Gres Cabaret and Sa Majeste layered. Strange but true

That sounds like a good combination to me!

Smile
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes by Note, Accord, Genre What are your favorite Rose perfumes?
1 - 25 by 43
Jump to