Foren-Übersicht Perfume Recommendations I'm looking for a stunning VANILLA perfume
Bouzeos
Bouzeos
29 Posts
BouzeosBouzeos I'm looking for a stunning VANILLA perfume 28.07.2013, 13:37
I don't like overly sweet or very fruity ones, in the style of Casmir.

Well... looking forward to your suggestions.

Apicius
Apicius
3426 Posts
ApiciusApicius 28.07.2013, 14:27
If you ar looking for a stunning vanilla, try the beautifully dark Boisé Vanillé by Montale. It does have a slight fruit note at the top but it is in no way gluey.

Besides that, Guerlain is the brand for vanilla.

Try Spiritueuse Double Vanille for a wonderful ethereal vanilla that indeed is stunning. Also, vanilla plays an important role in many other classic Guerlain fragrances - but I guess the female Parfumo users can give you more detailled information here.

Pipette
Pipette
2172 Posts
PipettePipette 28.07.2013, 15:02
This request comes up, ever so often -

"Find me a gorgeous Vanilla"

http://www.fragrantica.com/board/viewtopic.php?id=41444

Bouzeos
Bouzeos
29 Posts
BouzeosBouzeos 28.07.2013, 17:29
I could find links to fragrantica by myself, but thank you anyway. I was more interested in diffrent opinions maybe.

Pipette
Pipette
2172 Posts
PipettePipette 28.07.2013, 17:51
Let's not forget "good old faithful standby" -

Oppoponax by Les Nereides

Dulcemio
Dulcemio
1335 Posts
DulcemioDulcemio 28.07.2013, 20:02
Vanille Intense

Grain de Soleil

"Les Nombres d'Or Vanille"

"Private Collection Amber Ylang Ylang"

Coromandel
Last edited by Dulcemio on 29.07.2013, 02:35; edited 1 time in total

Pipette
Pipette
2172 Posts
PipettePipette All the Vanillas of the World 29.07.2013, 00:45
http://www.maison-de-la-vanille.com/parfums/1-Toutes_les_Vanilles_du_Monde/

Flavorite
Flavorite
252 Posts
FlavoriteFlavorite Not too sweet Vanillas 29.07.2013, 02:19
Bois 1920 La Vaniglia- A spicy boozy smoky vanilla, with cherry tobacco

Calypso St. Barth "Lea" - A pillowy soft cozy vanilla with a little almond milk and clean white musk

Mona Di Orio "Les Nombres D'Or Vanille"- Brazilian orange, Indonesian cloves, petit grain, rum extract with sandalwood & gaiac woody base

La Maison de la Vanille- Absolu de Vanille- rich dark and resinous

Eclix- "La Perla"- Vanilla with Lemon and Chocolate

Bvlgari- Black- Rubber tires (sounds crazy but it goes away after 5 minutes), turns into sexy spicy vanilla. I find this totally unisex and excellent, unique vanilla on everyone after it dries down.
I've tried these and I don't think they are too overly sweet.

DieNase
DieNase
4001 Posts
DieNaseDieNase 21.09.2013, 13:18
The mona di orio vanilla hands down. But you have to like sandalwood as well.

MRoth
MRoth
357 Posts
MRothMRoth 23.09.2013, 11:41
I have heard that Eau de Missions by Couvent De Minimes is very similar to Double Vanille at a fraction of the price, but I have not been able to test it yet myself. I'm frustrated as there's no bottle of Eau de Missions on eBay and Amazon doesn't post it here to Australia... but in the USA it's available quite easily. I'll probably have to play pass-the-parcel to get a hold of it.

Epimedes
Epimedes
99 Posts
EpimedesEpimedes 24.09.2013, 02:26
Cuir Beluga is an elegant vanilla-centered scent that doesn't fall into the overly sweet category to me.

Dolby
Dolby
609 Posts
DolbyDolby 26.09.2013, 07:18
Two vanillas that are not sweet and rather complex and interesting are:
Vanille Insensée
and
Vanille Absolument / Havana Vanille

Flavorite
Flavorite
252 Posts
FlavoriteFlavorite 01.10.2013, 07:00
DieNase wrote:
The mona di orio vanilla hands down. But you have to like sandalwood as well.

I think I agree...I just went back into Vanilla-mode and Mona has already got me wrapped around her finger---maybe my next FB purchase. It is so sumptuous, sensual, woody, dark spicy and last forever (2 days- reminds me of a crackling wood fireplace).

PontNeuf
PontNeuf
2127 Posts
PontNeufPontNeuf 01.10.2013, 15:52
I love Shalimar when it comes to vanilla. To me the great old Shalimar is a delicious crème brulée vanilla scent.

Otherwise there is a nice light vanilla hint in "Strictly private" by Baldessarini as well as in Vanille Noir by Yves Rocher.

Just to toss in a few vanillas that weren´t mentioned so far Smile

Sleuth
Sleuth
484 Posts
SleuthSleuth 03.10.2013, 09:37
It's kinda sweet, but Givenchy Pi (for men) is worth checking. It should be easy to find since it's in every mainstream perfume shop.

FloraMilena
FloraMilena
272 Posts
FloraMilenaFloraMilena 16.10.2013, 13:23
JALAINE - SILK

Very fresh aquatic vanilla that is not cloying.
Also is an oil, lasts 12+ hours on skin. Moderate sillage.

You can order the whole line of Jalaine scent oil samples for about $19 from the company.

They also make a beautiful vanilla soliflore that I find to be more flowery vanillic and less foody vanillic. Very ethereal and non-cloying

Belgwen
Belgwen
17 Posts
BelgwenBelgwen 08.11.2013, 16:19
Hanae Mori (Parfum version only!) is a stunning Vanillic masterpiece in my humble opinion. Also check out:

Fresh Vanilla by Oscar de la Renta
Addict by Christian Dior (if you can find the original formula before 2012, the better)
Hypnotic Poison by Christian Dior
B Exquisite by Bijan
Angelique Noire by Guerlain

Hayven
Hayven
532 Posts
HayvenHayven 09.11.2013, 00:50
Agonist - Vanilla Marble

Sorceress
Sorceress
302 Posts
SorceressSorceress 10.11.2013, 10:08
Coco Chanel
L'Occitane Vanilla & Narcisse
Avon Timeless

Lah2o
Lah2o
23 Posts
Lah2oLah2o 26.11.2013, 12:44
One more vote for Les Nombres d'Or - Vanille. It has become one of my favourites.

Another one I'd like to suggest is "Eau Duelle". It's somewhat sweet but not too much in my opinion. It's a more spicy and dry take on vanilla and I also think it's easy to wear in any occasion.

Pipette
Pipette
2172 Posts
PipettePipette Good old stand-by blog writing 30.11.2013, 11:47
It just so happens that Elena Vosnaki in her blog PERFUME SHRINE has started a Vanilla Series this morning, with plentiful links to yet more Vanilla.

http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.com/2013/11/the-quest-for-perfect-vanilla-perfume.html

Pipette
Pipette
2172 Posts
PipettePipette Foodie vanilla ... 02.12.2013, 12:39
Elena Vosnaki has published another interesting article in her blog Perfume Shrine.

http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.com/2013/12/best-foodie-succulent-dessert-like.html

Pipette
Pipette
2172 Posts
PipettePipette Dark vanilla 04.12.2013, 13:41
Elena Vosnaki has done it again. A nice article about dark, boozy vanilla in her blog PerfumeShrine.

http://perfumeshrine.blogspot.com/search?q=dark+boozy+vanilla
Last edited by Pipette on 27.01.2014, 00:21; edited 1 time in total

Sensual
Sensual
2652 Posts
SensualSensual 19.12.2013, 01:15
Vanilla Tonka by Parfums de Nicolai, not sweet, Tonka is quite dry in it.
Kiss Me Tender is sweeter, with anis and hey, has sort of a country-side-romantism to me, but is not overly sweet, no "pudding", it has character.
"Felanilla No.21" with lot of Saffron on top-notes and very nice Iris too, is definately dark and edgy, in the beginning even daring and a bit animalic, but tones down to rather woody fragrance in the end.
And I did not use to like Vanilla, but now...I´m a big fan of it. Smile
Eau de Shalimar is also really nice, especially in summer, but it´s more citrus than darkness.

Omni
Omni
234 Posts
OmniOmni 26.01.2014, 23:16
Cheepy cheepy cheep cheap..Vanille Marine by Molinard

Foren-Übersicht Perfume Recommendations I'm looking for a stunning VANILLA perfume

Page 1 of 2