Santa Maria Novella -Ginestra Scotch Broom
20% 1
L'artisan -Mechant Loup
20% 1
A Lab on Fire -What we do in Paris is secret
40% 2
Total Votes: 5
Decisions, decisions... 11 years ago
My recent civic duty has provided a small winfall just enough for one or two luxury fragrances. Problem is, I've been unable to decide between my top four choices...I love them all- each bottle is unique and gorgeous, I don't have anything from any of these lines but I've tested them all and think I would wear any of them eventually and each one has advantages. Maybe I can get some advice here-just give me your personal preference and elaborate on why if you wish. Thanks!
11 years ago
I haven't smelled them, but all 4 sound intriguing. I don't like liquorice (m.loup) and honey (wwdipis), and I don't know what broom smells like. I would gravitate towards Boisé. It seems like a great thing to have next autumn.

Is there one scent that 'temps' you more than the others?
11 years ago
Well, Thanks for any help/suggestions with this! I guess earlier this Summer I was leaning toward The Scotch Broom/Ginestra scent because when I tested it I was blown away... lemony/haylike green great longevity- it is a warm weather scent though, and warm weather is going to be ending in about 4 weeks here- plus the bottle doesn't really grab me, in particular- but, of course, that is secondary to the scent. So that sort of puts more more towards Le Boise- which I have been testing this whole past week- I love love love the bottle, but the scent is very oaky, spicey and although great for Fall and Winter nights- I'd be concerned about smelling so wine-like in the day...would be bad to get stopped by the police and have to explain why I smell like an old wine barrel....so limited wear- but it's so deliciously smokey. The other two, I think I'm in love with the name and or bottles more than wanting to wear them...I've sampled them both, but don't have a sample to really evaluate in detail of these...first impression was that I liked them, but who knows, how I'll feel later. I'm trying to talk myself out of buying scents based on the names alone.
Le Boise 11 years ago
11 years ago
I've always liked the idea of wearing something that is the opposite of the season. Maybe you should buy The Scotch Broom. It could be fun to wear it anyway.
11 years ago
Sleuth:
I've always liked the idea of wearing something that is the opposite of the season. Maybe you should buy The Scotch Broom. It could be fun to wear it anyway.

Yes, I think I agree. Not to mention it was the kind of scent that could replace caffeine, it was quite uplifting! Thanks so much!
11 years ago
If you were blown away by the Santa Maria Novella, then I would go with this one.
Who cares about the weather?
If it smells gorgeous, then it smells gorgeous.
11 years ago
Dolby:
If you were blown away by the Santa Maria Novella, then I would go with this one.
Who cares about the weather?
If it smells gorgeous, then it smells gorgeous.

Yep. That is exactly what I'm thinking. Thanks!
11 years ago
You're welcome Wink
11 years ago
Yes, I agree, the season be damned.

Mostly for practical purposes, because I don't seem to fall in love with summer scents. I just wear my sticky sweet spicy orientals all year, but just spray less in warm weather, and so far so good. Very Happy
11 years ago
I settled on the Santa Maria Novella- Scotch Broom- Ginestra...it's a show stopper! I will put this with my big lady adult fragrances and wear it when listening to Arias... I am glad I didn't go with WWDIPIS- after testing that one- I was hungry but, it's not for me. L'Artisan's Mechant Loup- I put on before bed and I went to sleep smelling like a hazelnut and honey lamb...I woke up smelling like an insane manly werewolf! As for Ginestet Le Boise- I have to have that bottle... So it's next on my wish list, but I am happy to welcome SMN Ginestra into my meager collection- it's a solid green scent with excellent sillage and reminds me a bit of Chanel's "Cristalle"...that will do!
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Recommendations Decisions, decisions...
Jump to