Search Forum

Bergdorf Goodman perfume

Bergdorf Goodman perfume 11 years ago
I just got this vintage 1 oz bottle of perfume by Bergdorf Goodman from a local antique shop. I have no idea how old it is but it says 'Made in Germany' on the bottom of the bottle. The bottle is glass and has a glass stopper which I cannot for the life of me get off. Anyone ever hear of this or know anything about this fragrance?

I'll try to post a picture tomorrow.
11 years ago
I have heard of the house since I put several in here.

www.parfumo.com/Perfumes/Bergdorf_Goodman

What is the name on the bottle?
11 years ago
Cincy:
I have heard of the house since I put several in here.

www.parfumo.com/Perfumes/Bergdorf_Goodman

What is the name on the bottle?

Hi Cincy, It doesn't have a name for the fragrance unfortunately.
11 years ago

11 years ago
Beachy, do I see a number etched on the bottle stopper? The house made a couple of frags with numbers.
11 years ago
Hi Beachgirl...
This bottle looks the same as my bottle of Number Nine. In the BG advert. The label appears to be wrapped around the bottle. It's quite simple. Back in the day I would have ripped off the label because the bottle looks sophisticated...maybe that's what happened to our bottles Wink

I hope you get the stopper out, if you like spicy scents you wont be disappointed!
11 years ago
I agree with Dash, it is No. 9 or No. 29. They made 3 fragrances with numbers on them.
11 years ago
The other numbered perfume is no. 101 in case you find that on the bottle somewhere Smile
11 years ago
Cincy:
Beachy, do I see a number etched on the bottle stopper? The house made a couple of frags with numbers.
The bottle stopper has a number etched on it, you're right! It looks like it says 49 and then a tiny scribble like a 0 or something. Can't make it out.
Oh wait, I see the etching on the side of the bottle itself too! It says 49 and a little o, as in degrees?

The bottom of the bottle says 'Made in Germany', E&A N.Y

On the tiny clear label on the front it says: Bergdorf Goodman Co. Distributors New York, 1 fluid oz. and
S D A 2297
Last edited by Beachgirl2 on 06.09.2013, 22:13; edited 2 times in total
11 years ago
Dashulamite:
Hi Beachgirl...
This bottle looks the same as my bottle of Number Nine. In the BG advert. The label appears to be wrapped around the bottle. It's quite simple. Back in the day I would have ripped off the label because the bottle looks sophisticated...maybe that's what happened to our bottles Wink

I hope you get the stopper out, if you like spicy scents you wont be disappointed!
Well, that explains why this perfume doesn't have a name. I was wondering. Rolling Eyes
11 years ago
Dlane1953:
Your Egyptian perfume; I bet it dates to the 1930s time frame because there was huge interest in all things Eygptian then. Try googling the brand name and the perfume name.
Hi Deb, So far I've found one reference to it on fatcatrags.com but it isn't the same bottle. They say it's from the 1920's if you can believe that! That almost makes it an antique.
11 years ago
Beachgirl2:
Dashulamite:
Hi Beachgirl...

Well, that explains why this perfume doesn't have a name. I was wondering. Rolling Eyes

You're right, my bottle looks exactly like yours. Does your have a number etched on it somewhere too?
11 years ago
Hello again!

No there isn't a number etched on my bottle or stopper, nor is there anything molded into the glass on the bottom of the bottle.

I was wondering if your stopper is a circle or is it a sphere. I have found a bottle that looks very similar to yours that held Elizabeth Arden perfume at one time. It has a flat circular stopper where as mine is spherical.

www.rubylane.com/item/452423-E300448/Early-Eli zabeth-Arden-Perfume-bottle
11 years ago
I believe Beachy's is BG. Looks like his bottles that I have seen.
11 years ago
Just looked at her pic again, you can clearly see the house name on bottom of bottle.
11 years ago
Yes the BG label IS the same as the one on mine. I just thought that the E&A NY suggests Elizabeth Arden, New York. But that would be EA not E&A (so never mind about my previous thinking out loud Rolling Eyes )
11 years ago
No problem thinking out loud Dash, I do that too and answer. Rolling Eyes
11 years ago
Dashulamite:
Hello again!

No there isn't a number etched on my bottle or stopper, nor is there anything molded into the glass on the bottom of the bottle.

I was wondering if your stopper is a circle or is it a sphere. I have found a bottle that looks very similar to yours that held Elizabeth Arden perfume at one time. It has a flat circular stopper where as mine is spherical.

www.rubylane.com/item/452423-E300448/Early-Eli zabeth-Arden-Perfume-bottle
My stopper does look like the Elizabeth Arden one, but the bottle doesn't. It looks exactly like the BG one. Weird! Well, I'm stumped. Thanks guys for trying to figure this out. I'm thinking it probably is the No. 9. Maybe what looks like a 4 is really a deformed pound sign? Rolling Eyes
11 years ago
Sorry, I see now I should have put this subject under the Vintage forum. Confused
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Bergdorf Goodman perfume
Jump to