Perfumes for Lesbians

1 - 25 by 30
Perfumes for Lesbians 10 years ago
Any suggestions? Thanks in advance!
10 years ago
lol, are you thing to rattle someone's cage Razz
Let me think on this one.
10 years ago
No, indeed. I don't find it any more provocative than a thread entitled, "Perfumes for Blondes."
10 years ago
Well, thinking of 3 different women (who are lesbian) I'd say:

- Guerlain Shalimar Parfum Initial (or any other light version)
- Givenchy Play Intense 'for men'
- Lancôme Magie Noire (if she wanted to defy current fragrance trends)

But what do I know? Wink
10 years ago
Maybe this one ?

"Entre Nous" by Bourbon French Parfums

store.neworleansperfume.com/entre-nous/
10 years ago
TOPIC MOVED RazzTwisted EvilLaughing

Be careful Wink

I'd suggest these guys make one for the women and everybody's happy Wink

"Eau Mo Pour Gay"
10 years ago
Oops, my bad. It does belong in "Fragrance Consulting," doesn't it?

Fran, FYI: This topic was shut down elsewhere and some of our new members have expressed chagrin over the censorship, so this thread was created so that they could continue the discussion if they choose to do so. No trolling intended, no trolling anticipated. Okay?

A few that are popular with my friends and relatives:

Pi
Tommy Girl
Coco Mad
Datura Noir
Coco Noir
10 years ago
Cryptic:
Fran, FYI: This topic was shut down elsewhere and some of our new members have expressed chagrin over the censorship, so this thread was created so that they could continue the discussion if they choose to do so. No trolling intended, no trolling anticipated. Okay?

I know. I read the off topic discussion about it, as I wondered about the topic. Surely it'S ok.
10 years ago
It took a while until I understood what Coco Mad was Smile
10 years ago
Difficult. This is a perfect topic for spreading clichées (and thus, should not be taken too seriously).

I guess the (perfume) industry has not yet discovered lesbian women as a special target audience. At least, I do not know of any such perfume - other than a few explicitely "gay" perfumes. One may regard this ignorance as a typical form of discrimination towards lesbian women.

Are there any ad campains for ladies' fragrances that present a perfume in a way that it is designed to smell good for the women themselves (and for other women)? The typical perfume ads try to evoke the impression that a specific ladies' perfume will attract men!

I guess the intial question of this thread must stay unresolved.
10 years ago
I found this question being discussed here:

www.lesbianchic.de/2012/11/10/lesben/news/die- neuen-lesbenparfums/
10 years ago
Apicius:
I found this question being discussed here:

www.lesbianchic.de/2012/11/10/lesben/news/die- neuen-lesbenparfums/

Hmm...well, that's certainly interesting.

Here's another article with a light-hearted, amusing take on the subject:

http://www.autostraddle.com/gurrrl-you-smell-g ood-75841/
10 years ago
No, indeed. I don't find it any more provocative than a thread entitled, "Perfumes for Blondes.:587173a02a]

At first glance the lesbian inquiries might not make perfect sense, people are people, but given the fact lots of gay women have masculine-ish taste in clothing and hairstyle, why not perfume too? I think it's a legit question, and pretty sure the gal who asked it over on F did so for a reason. In any event, I don't think it's something for my straight ass to judge.

To clarify, the OP's question on the censored topic at F was something like, "what fragrances do you like on women and what type of women are you into?"
10 years ago
Elena Vosnaki in PERFUME SHRINE has an interesting article about "Anais Anais" by Cacharel with soft and suggestive photos.

perfumeshrine.blogspot.com/2011/02/cacharel-an ais-anais-fragrance-review.html
10 years ago

To clarify, the OP's question on the censored topic at F was something like, "what fragrances do you like on women and what type of women are you into?:d7f330bb63]

Oh. I didn't see the topic before it went poof. :/
10 years ago
Apicius:
Difficult. This is a perfect topic for spreading clichées (and thus, should not be taken too seriously).

Agreed. Not trying to be a party pooper about it though, I just think that it's too broad a spectrum to really say. Perfumes are so personal.
10 years ago
As a side remark - people are often boxed into a group ... like "young = celebrity perfumes" "old = old lady/vintage perfumes" "rich = niche perfumes" and now,

hear, hear, "Lesbian Perfumes".

Comes to mind the article about JAR perfumes where that house has the philosophy and fervently defends it ... that each individual person ought to sniff, evaluate, but: know no name, no notes, no advertising hoopla whatsoever and THEN come to a conclusion.

akafkaesquelife.wordpress.com/2013/10/22/jar-t he-experience-the-perfumes-the-philosophy/

Up to now I always was influenced by marketing, by reviews, by recommendations ... this JAR philosophy covers new ground.

No boxes.

So, the Lesbian girls say, "oh, recommend me something, because then I will be cozy, familiar and accepted in my Lesbian friends group" and that is just one way of looking at perfumes, and not the only one.
10 years ago
10 years ago
I was re-watching this episode today and it was just too perfect to pass up:

(Just in case someone takes my gif the wrong way, in Orange Is the New Black, officer Healy's homophobic rants are completely batshit, almost to the point of parody.)
10 years ago
Tsk, tsk Scarletting. How heteronormative of you. Wink

10 years ago
Please feel free to take a look at my very dangerous fragrance collection if you are bi-curious about what lesbians wear.
10 years ago
SystemeD:
Please feel free to take a look at my very dangerous fragrance collection if you are bi-curious about what lesbians wear.

Frapin 1270, Ume, Elixir and Eau des Merveilles... it's almost as if you have wonderful and varied tastes, just like a straight person! Wink

All joking aside, "Wazamba" looks amazing. I'm a big resin fan. It has frankincense listed three times in the notes, so I assume it might smell a little like frankincense?
10 years ago
Cryptic:
Tsk, tsk Scarletting. How heteronormative of you. Wink

Sorry Cryptic. Embarassed I tried really hard, but I just love the cock too much. I'm a Kinsey Two for life, woe is me.

10 years ago
I think I'll just let that one lie, Scarletting. Surprised

SystemeD, you have wonderful taste.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Recommendations Perfumes for Lesbians
1 - 25 by 30
Jump to