Search Forum

Robert Piguet reformulations

Robert Piguet reformulations 10 years ago
Is there anyone here who is familiar with vintage Piguets and could weigh in on the recent reformulations of Bandit and Visa? I have been sniffing Visa today and while it's okay and inoffensive, I do wonder what it was like originally.
10 years ago
I just ordered the current Bandit and am so looking forward to me. Comparing to azuree it seems rather well behaved on my scent eating skin and not the beast it is said to be. But I have not compared with any other version of it. Will be my new dominatrix office scent, especially for appointments with my horrible boss hahaha
10 years ago
Cruella:
Well I haven't smelled those but I have smelled vintage Fracas and Futur and they are literally the same smell now as it was in the 40's and 60's respectively. ...

I think they are doing a great job really, my only problem is that they released 13 new scents in one year. I don't see a point in doing that, but I don't wear them anyway, the important thing is that their classics are perfectly preserved.

That is good to hear! I've read that Visa would not have survived reformulation quite as well, though. I wish I could like Bandit but on my skin it's just poisonous green florals and pungent musk and nothing else gets through, alas.
10 years ago
OFF TOPIC -

It could just be that -
because of lots of competition when thousands of fragrances are released currently,
that the manufacturers have seen the light that in order to excel they have to "reformulate" as perfectly as possible, with new materials and adhering to IFRA regulations.

Let the best product win.

(Don't forget that as a consumer you are in a position to vote with your wallet.)
10 years ago
Not that it isn't interesting to read different takes on the general pressure for brands and houses to reformulate, but I wasn't looking to start yet another topic on that subject seeing as there already is an active, recent one for that purpose. I was merely curious about other people's experiences on a few Piguet reformulations vs. the originals, seeing as the vintage formulas are way out of my reach but someone somewhere could maybe have smelled them. I repeat that there is another topic for discussing IFRA and the evils of reformulation.
10 years ago
OFF TOPIC -

The thing is this, since we have perfume experience and call ourselves Perfumistas, Parfumo is the place to discover other beauties and buy those.

Let all those watered-down, sugary scents fall by the wayside.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Robert Piguet reformulations
Jump to