Foren-Übersicht Men's Perfume Chanel Les Exclusifs?
Platinum1
Platinum1
8 Posts
Platinum1Platinum1 Chanel Les Exclusifs? 27.01.2014, 23:38
Which of the above Chanel line do you have and enjoy in your wardrobe?
Kind Regards,
Pt1

Dalmajen
Dalmajen
257 Posts
DalmajenDalmajen 28.01.2014, 09:27
I am lucky enough to have the wonderful Coromandel. A beautiful fragrance, and it was very difficult to buy, as not available to buy here, in Croatia. I was very lucky to have a friend bring it to me from London. Took me ages to track it down though!

Platinum1
Platinum1
8 Posts
Platinum1Platinum1 28.01.2014, 11:10
Dalmajen wrote:
I am lucky enough to have the wonderful Coromandel. A beautiful fragrance, and it was very difficult to buy, as not available to buy here, in Croatia. I was very lucky to have a friend bring it to me from London. Took me ages to track it down though!

Thank~you for replying Dalmajen I also really enjoy the very unisex Coromandel and was hoping to get another Exclusif suggestion suitable for a gentleman to sample? I've read good things about Sycomore?
Kind Regards,
Pt1

Fcasimiro
Fcasimiro
2 Posts
FcasimiroFcasimiro 28.01.2014, 23:12
I own and enjoy wearing Sycomore. It's probably the most masculine in the line. I love my vetivers.

This weekend I picked up a sample of Cuir de Russie EDT. I wore it yesterday and found it to be a very interesting scent. A short burst of aldehydes and fine saddle leather followed by an airy, not too powdery, iris and other soft florals. The leather remains in the base and the final stages of the dry down is very smooth and creamy. It will be my next purchase from this line. I've read that the pure parfum has more smoke and leather than the EDT. I look forward to getting my nose on the parfum.

The sales associated also gave me a sample of Eau de Cologne. I'll wait till a warm day to sample this one since it's a citrus based fragrance for day wear.

The other that draws my interest is Bois des Iles. I haven't given my EDT sample a full wearing but I've read it is similar to Egoiste which I love in its dry down. I've read the pure parfum version of Bois des Iles is the ultimate of the three.

I sampled Coromandel about a year ago. I like the fragrance from the bottle and on paper but it didn't set too nicely with my skin. Perhaps I should give it another shot.

Athenaida
Athenaida
29 Posts
AthenaidaAthenaida 29.01.2014, 00:57
The notes of Coromandel are so intrasted, hopping I will testing this one!
I own these: Chance, No,5, Cristalle and love Egoiste.I like Coco and I would also like to try Gardenia. Cool

Platinum1
Platinum1
8 Posts
Platinum1Platinum1 29.01.2014, 02:33
Great detailed info, thanks above! I am leaning towards Cuir de Russie and sampling it now. I also get the aldehydes and leather very enjoyable on the dry down.
Kind Regards,
Pt1

Sweetgrass
Sweetgrass
185 Posts
SweetgrassSweetgrass 29.01.2014, 11:18
Fcasimiro wrote:
The other that draws my interest is Bois des Iles. I haven't given my EDT sample a full wearing but I've read it is similar to Egoiste which I love in its dry down. I've read the pure parfum version of Bois des Iles is the ultimate of the three. ...

I find "Bois des Îles" pretty different from "Égoïste", especially up top. There is something vintage-like, dark and viscous about BdÎ, while ÉgoÏste is lighter, drier and spicier. BdÎ seems to be marked down as a feminine frag on Parfumo, but wouldn't smell off on a man while Égoïste is more markedly a masculine fragrance. IMHO those two are clearly different perfumes, but noses do differ greatly Smile

PontNeuf
PontNeuf
2023 Posts
PontNeufPontNeuf 29.01.2014, 11:28
In the past I owned

- Sycamore (too masculine for me)
- Cuir de Russie (too butch for me)

Presently in my collection :

- Bois des Iles (wonderful stuff, I love sandalwood)
- 31 Rue Cambon (my most recent perfume love affair)

Bois des Iles very much resembles No.5, the aldehydes are almost twin-like but the development is quite different. As a sandalwood afficionada I certainly prefer BdI. Warm and cozy, to me BdI is autumn in a bottle (the sunny side of autumn so to say).
31 RC is exactly what I was hoping to find in Mademoiselle Coco.
Leaving aside the fact that MC is worn practically everywhere I must admit it has a certain vibe that I very much enjoy. However, after many testings I must still say that MC turns pungent, obtrusive and unpleasant on my skin, both EdT and EdP. So much for that.
When I first smelled 31RC on the bottle my first thought was : Oh my god, this is exactly what I want MC to smell like on me. And the perfume fireworks continued on my skin. I do believe it is a mixture of both MC and No.5. There is an aldehyde face but it soon changes into a fruity-dusty-rosy-like appearance (at least on me).
In short : a masterpiece and a classic that will stay with me for more than a season.
Coromandel is nice but the patchouli theme is not as interesting for me here as with other brands whose patchoulis I love.

Triffid
Triffid
747 Posts
TriffidTriffid 30.01.2014, 06:28
I'm sure I would love Sycomore but accidentally left it off my sample order and ended up with two Coromandel instead. As I already own Lalique's Encre Noire, which is said to be similar, I won't pursue the Chanel.
I own and love Cuir de Russie. It's very smooth yet has that "shoe polish" note that I really enjoy - perhaps this is what some refer to as a somewhat repugnant 'barnyard' ambience, though I don't really get that association from it.
Coromandel seems to be universally loved and very popular. I really enjoyed the opening and heart but found it became a tad sweet for my tastes, not necessarily too feminine, it's just that smooth musk and vanilla drydowns are not really my thing.
These are the only ones I've tried to date.

Platinum1
Platinum1
8 Posts
Platinum1Platinum1 30.01.2014, 18:59
Thank~you ladies for your generous help and expertise. In the end I decided to go with BdI the reviews sound very promising.
Kind Regards,
Platinum1

Foren-Übersicht Men's Perfume Chanel Les Exclusifs?

Page 1 of 1