Search Forum

Mazzolari Lui - any observations?

Mazzolari Lui - any observations? 10 years ago
I've been looking for a dirty-musk yesterday as my local perfumery sadly doesn't carry Muscs Kublai Khan anymore. Finally I bought two bottles of the scent "Lui" by "Mazzolari" which is simply stunning. A beast of a patchouly with the dark animalic barnyard horsesweat honeyed tobacco indolic floral civety smell at maximum volume and in great harmony with an ambery sandalwood. Both bottles are definitely vintage: One is a tester with a slightly darker colour of the liquid. This one smells much dirtier than the other bottle which has been sprayed the first time by myself. Even though the "newer" one doesn't have an ingredient's list/barcode etc. on the box and possibly is 10 years old or even older, it smells as it was a slightly reformulated version: It's still powerful, a bit fresher, more floral, less skanky. I wonder if this is an aging issue of the patchouly and the animalic compounds. If so, then I hope the patch will age quickly.
Are there other lovers of this scent among the Parfumo crowd? What are your observations with "Lui"?
Thank you very much!
10 years ago
Hello Bartleby. Thank you very much for this. Lui as 'an iron fist in a velvet glove' is the most aptly crisp perfume description I`ve read for a long, long time. This one really is a beauty and so multi-faceted. Sometimes it reminds me of some maroccan or arabian oil perfume in spirit, think musk gazelle or the like. There are frightening tales of horror about this on the german parfumo site which are inappropriate. It`s smooth. I like to layer my newer bottle with just a trace of hyraceum tincture to get back the drydown effects of the older one. Really fascinating scent, that`s what it is.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Mazzolari Lui - any observations?
Jump to