Search Forum

Men's grooming products

Men's grooming products 9 years ago
I'm the last person who should be introducing this topic. However, I would bet my morning grooming routine is typical of many guys. It begins about 20 minutes before I have to leave for work: Bathe, shave, brush my teeth, towel dry my hair (run a brush through same), slap on deodorant and, finally, try to find a matching pair of socks in the dirty clothes hamper that don't smell like cumin.

Anyway, there are a few grooming products that have become staples for my daily upkeep and I thought it would be great to have a thread where we can share similar discoveries. So, to start things off:

-St. Ives Apricot Facial Scrub: I use this before shaving. Not only do I get a closer shave, it also keeps pores and follicles clear so I don't have a problem with ingrown whiskers. It purports to be natural -no parabens or sulfates- but the ingredients still read like a chemist's shopping list. The one natural ingredient that is a plus: the scrub medium is walnut shell powder as opposed to microbeads.

Kiehl's Close-Shavers Squadron brushless shaving cream: I use the menthol cream but it's also available in aloe for sensitive skin. It comes packaged in a 5 oz. tube or 10 oz. jar. I never felt as though I really got a close shave until I used Keihl's.

Arm & Hammer Essentials Deodorant: Really? Deodorant? Hey, I grew tired of every deodorant I tried giving out after about 6 hours. This really works and smells great. It's scented with natural herbal essences: coriander, rosemary and lavender. Geez, I never thought I'd open up to the world about my choice of deodorant...
Last edited by Greysolon on 08.02.2015, 13:32; edited 4 times in total
9 years ago
Yep, I also like the St. Ives Apricot Facial Scrub.
9 years ago
It's not strange at all to mention a deodorant, finding the best one really pays off.
Re: Men's grooming products 9 years ago
Greysolon:

Arm & Hammer Essentials Deodorant: Really? Deodorant? Hey, I grew tired of every deodorant I tried giving out after about 6 hours. This really works and smells great. It's scented with natural herbal essences: coriander, rosemary and lavender. Geez, I never thought I'd open up to the world about my choice of deodorant...

I also use Arm & Hammer Essentials deodorant, and I think it's wonderful. The Unscented one has a citrus smell when applying, but it doesn't smell strong enough to cover any fragrance I am wearing. And when I want something scented, I just started wearing Old Spice AMBER, which might sound boring and typical, but it has black currant in it, and reminds me of Invictus. For an Old Spice product, it's actually quite good.
Re: Men's grooming products 9 years ago
LicoriceRain:
I also use Arm & Hammer Essentials deodorant, and I think it's wonderful. The Unscented one has a citrus smell when applying, but it doesn't smell strong enough to cover any fragrance I am wearing.

Exactly LR, even this scented variety (called Fresh) doesn't interfere with any fragrance I'm wearing. Still can't believe I'm talking about my deodorant...
9 years ago
I have never heard about Arm & Hammer. I guess it is available mainly in the US.

Personally, I don't care a lot about grooming products. Sometimes in the morning I need some pre-shave before shaving. I find the Speick pre-shave very good. It has a nice smell but it does not stick, and so you can use a cologne afterwards.

A few spritzes of Speick Pre-Shave are also perfect to rub away unwanted perfume smell!

Then, I use the Speick deodorant for the same reason - it does not cover your perfume.

I do not like after shaves than burn on your skin. I don't like after shave balms or any cosmetic face cream. They all feel gluey.
9 years ago
Apicius:
I have never heard about Arm & Hammer. I guess it is available mainly in the US.

Arm & Hammer Baking Soda started life as a leavening agent for baking. Over time it became recognized as an effective deodorizer and gentle abrasive. For that reason, the company expanded into personal care products like deodorant, toothpaste and saline solution.
9 years ago
Grey I use 1/2 cup of A&H along with soap in the washing machine.
Arm & Hammer deodorant 9 years ago
8 years ago
Taylor Of Old Bond Street Shaving Cream (Almond Scent)
3 years ago

In the morning I put on an ice pack while I crack my tummy if my face is a little puffy. Now I may accomplish 1000.

I apply a Deep Pore Cleanser Lotion after removing the ice pack. I use a water active gel cleanser, then a body scrub for the sweet almond, and a gel scrub on my face. In the shower.

Then I apply a herbal face mask which I leave as I prepare the rest of my routine for 10 minutes. With little or alcohol, I always use an after-shave lotion as alcohol dries out your face and makes you seem older.

Then it is a humidifier, an anti-aged eye balm and an ultimate protective moisturizing lotion.

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Off Topic Men's grooming products
Jump to