Search Forum

How do you vote - old vs current formula?

How do you vote - old vs current formula? 9 years ago
When I come to vote on a perfume's longevity, sillage, rating I often find myself in a quandry.

Easy enough when it is a new perfume because I just vote for that but what to do when reviewing a perfume of long -standing e.g. Poison?
Old Poison = five star longevity, sillage, rating.
New Poison = a bit less than that.

I was really takenaback when I compared the version from a year ago with the version from a few years before that.

In the review I can say which version I am reviewing but the voting is a different matter.

What do you do? Do you vote according to the version you have even though not available; do you not vote at all because it might be misleading?

Hmmm.
Last edited by DorothyGrace on 02.09.2015, 20:41; edited 1 time in total
9 years ago
Very good question, and one I have asked myself more than once.
9 years ago
One can only vote regarding the version which is listed on the perfume page. If you don't have the original version you should not vote.

Describe the differences in a review or with a statement.
9 years ago
I vote according to the version at hand, regardless of its availability. Reformulation often, if not usually, takes place over the life cycle of a fragrance and some sort of average suffices to indicate performance, I'd argue.
Furthermore, the criteria 'sillage' and 'longevity' are not sufficiently differentiated to cover all there is to performance, which renders our assessment imprecise anyway. Wink
9 years ago
That seems eminently sensible and I think I more or less go for that.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community How do you vote - old vs current formula?
Jump to