Search Forum

Do you have an all-year-round fragrance ?

1 - 25 by 45
Do you have an all-year-round fragrance ? 12 years ago
Hi Everyone

I wonder if you have one (or more) scent/s which you love all year long.
As a lover of heavy and rather sweet fragrances I find it quite hard to name such a scent as most of my beloved treasures are more or less only suitable for autumn and winter...well, at least if I adhere to some common sense Smile

However, I find Hermès´"Un jardin sur le Nil" quite nice in all seasons, due to its fruity-green woodiness.

Same with "Cristalle Eau Verte" (which is sparkling and uplifting).
12 years ago
Me too, I love the dark-sweet-heavy-smokey-autumn/winter-perfumes and I really don´t have such a big problem, for instance, using a hardcore-ambergris-scent in mid-summer.
But there are some perfumes in my collection that aswell others, without such favours, would call "suitable for all seasons":
"1826 - Eugénie de Montijo" by Histoires de Parfum,
"Clemency" by Humięcki & Graef,
"Original Musk Blend No. 1" by Kiehl's,
"Musc Nomade" by Annick Goutal and
"Five O'Clock Au Gingembre" by Serge Lutens Les Salons du Palais Royal Shiseido.
12 years ago
My all seasons favorite is "Eau d'Hermès" by Hermès, because of it´s uncomplicated, fresh-citric, leathery smell.
12 years ago
Hi Louce Smile I noticed that woody scents keep away mosquitos and other unpleasant insects Smile
A big argument for wearing die-hard orientals when it´s hot Smile

Wearing sticky orientals in hot weather is not difficult for me either (considering certain crucial exceptions such as Angel, Alien etc.). As a nice proverb says "The dosage makes the poison." Smile
12 years ago
I only recently discovered oriental and sweet foody fragrances, so I don't have any experience how they feel in summer.
My older fragrances that are mostly flowery and more on the fresh side I wore all year round.
12 years ago
For me it is "Chamade Homme" by Guerlain. It's so discreet it suits all weather, all seasons and all situations. It might not get you on first sight, but once you start to like it, it never becomes boring.

Only if it is very hot outside I would wear something different.
12 years ago
That is "Homme L'Eau" by Guerlain for me .. fresh, simple and very nice
12 years ago
I find that many in my collection are specific to certain seasons and evoke certain emotions depending on the time of the year. I have not been able to mark one fragrance as an "all year round" choice. There seems to be a few good suggestions in this thread so far.
12 years ago
The reformulated "Or Black" by Morabito isn't season-specific like the original formula. It's still a substantial leather scent, but I can wear it year round.

"Pancaldi by Honorah" is a fougiental that is also year round and smells awesome.

"Santal Noble" and "Profumum Roma Santalum" are classic sandalwood fragrances that smell great no matter the season.
Last edited by ExUser on 07.01.2012, 05:28; edited 1 time in total
12 years ago
@AromioErotico: if you put the fragrance name in quotation marks, parfumo will automatically link to the corresponding site.

Back to the topic, I don't own my perfumes long enough, but I think my all time favorite is at the minute "Vetiver Extraordinaire".
However, I wear allmost every fragrance in my collection at allmost every time.
12 years ago
I do not do seasons, only moods Cool

I find it to limiting to keep the lighter fresher ones for summer only... they are so uplifting some grey cold days Very Happy

And the warmer, darker ones can be a cosy blanket to give comfort on gloomy days in summer.
12 years ago
Guusje:
I do not do seasons, only moods Cool

I find it to limiting to keep the lighter fresher ones for summer only... they are so uplifting some grey cold days Very Happy

And the warmer, darker ones can be a cosy blanket to give comfort on gloomy days in summer.

Besides, I found out that insects stay away in summer if I wear woody scents Smile What a great argument to wear Original Aouds when it´s hot outside Smile

All in all I like wearing about 98% of my scents all year around, with a few exceptions only...but I like your suggestion to also wear a sparkling green scent on a grey and rainy day. Nice idea ! Smile
12 years ago
I do. I alternate between...

Burberry Weekend for Women
Chocolovers by Aquolina
Style Pastels Soft Yellow by Jil Sander
Intimately Yours by Beckham
12 years ago
I got a "summer box" and a "winter box". But some fragrances stay out whole year. For example:
"Cascade"
"Hervé Léger"
"Gaultier² Eau d'Amour"
"Un Parfum des Sens et Bois"
"Baiser de Cinéma"
"Not a Perfume"
"Diesel Fuel for Life Unlimited"
"Body Intense"

And it's true, some of the orientals work better with hot weather. "Oriental Lounge" is one of them.
12 years ago
I have a few that easily work year round:
"Eau de Charlotte" by A Goutal
"Coco Mademoiselle" by Chanel
"For Her" by N Rogriguez

Usually though, I prefer to separate my perfumes by season.
12 years ago
For me I seem to constantly go back to these anytime...

Paris, Balenciaga
Iris Nobile, Acqua di Parma
Miss Dior Chérie l'Eau, DIOR
Hiris, HERMÈS
Vetiver-Tonka, Hermessence HERMÈS
For Her, NRodriguez
Chergui, Serge Lutens.
12 years ago
Confusion:
I got a "summer box" and a "winter box". But some fragrances stay out whole year. For example:
"Cascade"
"Hervé Léger"
"Gaultier² Eau d'Amour"
"Un Parfum des Sens et Bois"
"Baiser de Cinéma"
"Not a Perfume"
"Diesel Fuel for Life Unlimited"
"Body Intense"

And it's true, some of the orientals work better with hot weather. "Oriental Lounge" is one of them.

I'm the same way. The ones that I notice stay out all year are:

Lolita Lempicka Coral Flower
Alien Eau de Toilette
Carnal Flower
Pure Poison
Clinique Simply
Fresh Citron de Vigne

Of course, it could just be because these are some of my favorites, and I can't bear to seperate from them Wink

I also sometimes like to take out an unabashedly beachy suntan lotion scent like Bronze Goddess in the winter for a mental vacation. Cool
12 years ago
I suppose the following can be worn all year round:

"Perles de Lalique" - bold enough for winter, crispy enough for summer, same goes for
"Comme des Garçons 2"
"Kelly Calèche"
"Déclaration"
"No. 19"
and many more...
12 years ago
Apicius:
For me it is "Chamade Homme" by Guerlain. It's so discreet it suits all weather, all seasons and all situations. It might not get you on first sight, but once you start to like it, it never becomes boring.

Only if it is very hot outside I would wear something different.

Oh yes, absolutely!
12 years ago
Oh, yes. My absolutely is "Eau de Cartier" by Cartier.

Moni
12 years ago
"L'Air Du Desert Marocain" is my year round scent. Warms you in the winter and I absolutwly love it in the summer when my skin is hot!
12 years ago
No, I don't.

I prefer rich warm scents for autumn/winter time and rather fresh light scents for spring and summer.
12 years ago
Paprincess:
"L'Air Du Desert Marocain" is my year round scent. Warms you in the winter and I absolutwly love it in the summer when my skin is hot!

I totally agree! It's a bit different in summer and in winter, but I like both versions!
12 years ago
Giada:
No, I don't.

Me neither!
But the one I frequently reach for all the year round is "Eau Sauvage"
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Recommendations Do you have an all-year-round fragrance ?
1 - 25 by 45
Jump to