Search Forum

Galimard which 6 for set?

Galimard which 6 for set? 8 years ago
I am thinking of buying the Galimard set of 6 bottles of 15 ml, which 6 to buy?
8 years ago
Hi, Nerys. I have a few. Will sniff and report later.
8 years ago
Found my Galimards and will sniff them tomorrow. Meanwhile, this might help. I searched and pulled up the Galimard house then arranged them in descending order according to rating. That should give you a start on the ones Parfumo likes the most.
8 years ago
Hi, Nerys. I have samples of: Brindille, Gelsomino, Ma Faute, Notre Temps, Shantoung, Soir de Grasse, Yavana and an FB of Jasmin. Also have Aigues Vives, a male scent.

Brindille is soft and flowery but not too sweet because of the musk, I think. Gelsomino is stronger, more narcotic, because of the Jasmine, Rose, Tuberose heart. Ma Faute is a greener Gelsomino. Notre Temps has a citrus top and floral heart mellowed by woods in the base and musk. It's softer than Gelsomino. Shantoung is a sweet floral with more vanilla than Notre Temps and no musk. Soir de Grasse is a greener floral still with a synthetic moss note. Yavana has a a citrus top and a strong lily-of-the-valley note and with moss and amber in the base it's a more "serious" floral. I like it less than the others but many would like it more. To me, all are perfectly wearable.

I see I picked them during my early Jasmine obsession and bought the Jasmin FB. I don't wear it because it has a note that smells like formaldahyde to me--not a good aldahyde when it comes to perfume, IMO.

Aigues Vives has strong lavender and lemon, somewhat balanced by citrus, herbs, etc. Not among my faves for men.

Hope this helps.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Recommendations Galimard which 6 for set?
Jump to