Search Forum

Annual IFF Collection?

Annual IFF Collection? 8 years ago
Has anyone tried this year's IFF (International Flavors & Fragrances) experimental collection in which their perfumers are offered the chance to create a scent from the finest materials? I'm considering purchasing the 2016 set from LuckyScent. Has anyone tried it in previous years? Did you find it a worthwhile sampling?
8 years ago
IFF - I am so miffed with them. They are holding their annual meeting in Neuilly (near Paris), France, so only the rich shareholders can attend ... always was fond of them just to be in touch with the perfume industry ... the stock is doing extremely well, so that is good.
8 years ago
That's a bummer, Pipette. I'm missing Paris, too, for the moment but hopefully not for very long. I ran the names of the 11 perfumers in this year's IFF collection through our database and was interested to see the many houses for which they've created--or participated in creating--scents. Not sure I "get" how the IFF works, yet. Apparently, these perfumers are employed by the IFF? Do the houses rent their services, so to speak? In any case, I have the collection and plan to sniff through it in this topic.
8 years ago
That is the case here, we are sniffing through the end product. And are applying our own fantasies ...

I have the stock, and it is doing fine, pays the rent, and an oil stock (evil smelling things) can do the same. But each year I enjoyed attending the Meeting and it was held in a room full with beautifully groomed people talking shareholder talk and listening to the presentation which was live-streamed ...

Here is an article, published a while ago, which provides a look behind the scenes ...
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Annual IFF Collection?
Jump to