Amit
Amit
22 Posts
AmitAmit Dust, Eucalyptus 27.04.2016, 14:55
One of the scents I remember best from my childhood, is the scent of Eucalyptus groves mixed with dusty dry soil in the hot summer, possibly with a tiny bit of sea notes, since these groves were only a few kilometers from the Mediterranean coastline. Is there any perfume that can bring this scent back to life? By all means this shouldn't be an intense Eucalyptus odor (as in aromatic oils), but more like the gentle scent one smells when approaching such a grove. Regarding the dust, I have no idea if such a fragrance even exists in perfumes.. Shocked

PBullFriend
PBullFriend
172 Posts
PBullFriendPBullFriend 28.04.2016, 04:28
Amit:

I wonder whether this one would smell a bit like what you're looking for: http://www.parfumo.net/Perfumes/Carthusia/Corallium

There are many perfumes that claim to smell at least a little bit like the Mediterranean, but I don't know of one offhand that has a little bit of eucalyptus in it. There are a couple of nice eucalyptus scents, but I'm guessing that the eucalyptus will be stronger than what you want.

Maybe this one? http://www.parfumo.net/Perfumes/Heeley/Sel_Marin

Amit
Amit
22 Posts
AmitAmit 28.04.2016, 15:22
I love Sel Marin (ordered a sample some time ago), but it has no Eucalyptus. I tried Ellena's Un Jardin en Méditerranée, with high expectations but didn't like it. "Corallium" doesn't seem to have Eucalyptus either, but it looks like I actually maylike it: Do you think it could work on men?

PBullFriend
PBullFriend
172 Posts
PBullFriendPBullFriend 29.04.2016, 04:19
Yeah, I had a hard time thinking of a eucalyptus scent that just has a hint of it, so I decided to name a couple of scents that otherwise had the right feel. I thought Corallium was a men's scent. Hmm. Yes, I definitely think men can wear it.

Vollbart
Vollbart
108 Posts
VollbartVollbart 29.04.2016, 07:41
The Fragrance with the most eucalyptus is in my opinion "Body Kouros".

Amit
Amit
22 Posts
AmitAmit 29.04.2016, 12:52
Thank you!

NinoKid
NinoKid
NinoKidNinoKid 28.06.2016, 13:48
Try this one: http://www.parfumo.net/Perfumes/Reminiscence/Noir_de_Reminiscence

Amit
Amit
22 Posts
AmitAmit 28.06.2016, 15:19
Selfrefute wrote:
Try this one: http://www.parfumo.net/Perfumes/Reminiscence/Noir_de_Reminiscence

Will try, thank you!

elin
elin
5 Posts
elinelin 25.07.2016, 07:14
About dusty dry soil:
Iniezione di Morfina - VERY earthy and dusty with ozonic nuances, real soil smell. I was terrified)))
Estratto di Follia - dusty soil too, with drop of citrus
al03 - country road dust with herbs
L'Heure Brillante - dusty soil and grapefruit

sorry, no Eucalyptus)
Last edited by elin on 25.07.2016, 08:05; edited 1 time in total

Amit
Amit
22 Posts
AmitAmit 25.07.2016, 08:03
elin wrote:
About dusty dry soil:
Iniezione di Morfina - VERY earthy and dusty with ozonic nuances, real soil smell. I was terrified)))
Estratto di Follia - dusty soil too, with drop of citrus
al03 - country road dust with herbs
L'Heure Brillante - dusty soil and grapefruit

sorry, no Eucalyptus)

Sounds interesting, especially last one. Thank you!

Trucklady
Trucklady
25 Posts
TruckladyTrucklady 01.06.2019, 22:18
There are three I recommend trying:
* Diptyque 34 St Germaine Blvd edt
* Diptyque L'Eau 34 St Germaine Blvd edt
* Calvin Klein Women edp

All contain a eucalyptus kind of feel. I am Australian and have been after a homage to our gorgeous flora without smelling like the essential oil. The Klein Women hits the spot for me.

Amit
Amit
22 Posts
AmitAmit 02.06.2019, 13:02
Trucklady wrote:
There are three I recommend trying:
* Diptyque 34 St Germaine Blvd edt
* Diptyque L'Eau 34 St Germaine Blvd edt
* Calvin Klein Women edp

All contain a eucalyptus kind of feel. I am Australian and have been after a homage to our gorgeous flora without smelling like the essential oil. The Klein Women hits the spot for me.

Thanks! Could CK work for men as well?

Trucklady
Trucklady
25 Posts
TruckladyTrucklady 02.06.2019, 20:34
Anything can work for anyone. So, sure!

Page 1 of 1