Foren-Übersicht Miscellaneous Perfumes at bedtime?
Bcars10
Bcars10
15 Posts
Bcars10Bcars10 Perfumes at bedtime? 27.07.2017, 04:08
I would like to know:
Do you select a perfume to wear at bedtime, or do you prefer to go fragrance-free?
If you select a perfume, which one is your favorite for bedtime?

Anessa
Anessa
162 Posts
AnessaAnessa Re: Perfumes at bedtime? 27.07.2017, 16:36
I usually go fragrance-free, but if there's a perfume that smells better on fabric than on my skin, I sometimes spray it on the pillow/sheet/cover.
Also those that are rather destined for home wear (faintly sweet, watery, too 'cozy' etc.)
So, it's rather a pragmatic reason in my case. Bottom line, not a strong/heady scent. So far, no perfume ever had any influence on my dreams nor the quality of my sleep.

Bcars10
Bcars10
15 Posts
Bcars10Bcars10 01.08.2017, 21:29
Thank you, Anessa, for the reply! You're the best!
Personally, I cannot have ANY scents at all when I am sleeping because then I can't sleep because I'm smelling the wonderful scents! I even had to tell my husband to not apply aftershave before bed. I also have to use a low-scent laundry detergent. Call me crazy!

Anessa
Anessa
162 Posts
AnessaAnessa 02.08.2017, 08:18
You're very welcome, it may be that my reply is preventing further ones because your question then looks like being answered for the moment. Would be interesting to set up a poll and then ask for the reasons yes/no, and in case of yes, to name specific fragrances... would it get more replies?

I can imagine scents becoming distractive, perhaps the ones I use are not potent enough, either they disappear fast or I fall dead asleep anyway. My surroundings are really scent-free otherwise, I don't use any room spray, let alone a scented candle. Since I'm a non-smoker, tobacco smoke would disturb me, but I don't mind it in fragrances (allergic physical reactions to smoke.) I wouldn't want a potent scent close my nose all the time, so I don't use strongly scented laundry detergents neither.

Bcars10
Bcars10
15 Posts
Bcars10Bcars10 02.08.2017, 15:56
I tried to set it up as a poll, but my computer or the server or something would not allow it. It just disappeared every time I tried, so I gave up.

Exciter76
Exciter76
13 Posts
Exciter76Exciter76 14.08.2017, 00:06
I love to wear something cozy before climbing to bed. There's something about a snuggly vanilla that makes my pajamas softer.

EhemaligesMitglied
EhemaligesMitglied
EhemaligesMitgliedEhemaligesMitglied 28.08.2017, 10:00
Mostly, I prefer to go fragrance-free. But sometimes I wear Deep Red by Hugo Boss as my bedtime fragrance.

MiaTrost
MiaTrost
567 Posts
MiaTrostMiaTrost 09.09.2017, 13:59
Even though I don't select a perfume for bedtime, I love it, if the scent I chose for the day/night still lingers. Smile
But maybe I can contribute via Apicius' thread on bedtime favourites for inspiration. Enjoy. https://www.parfumo.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=545

Parfummaniac
Parfummaniac
27 Posts
ParfummaniacParfummaniac 09.09.2017, 14:05
Cozy on the couch, in my night-wear, just before going to bed I always apply a fragrance . Most of the times it's a scent which have as main note tuberose.

Foren-Übersicht Miscellaneous Perfumes at bedtime?

Page 1 of 1