Search Forum

Dior Hypnotic Poison EDT - How do i wear it?

Dior Hypnotic Poison EDT - How do i wear it? 5 years ago
Hello guys, i'm new here.
Recently i got my wife to buy Perfume for herself.
We got ourself a list and tried it on, we had to choose one from these
Jean Paul Gaultier Scandal
Jean Paul Gaultier Scandal by Night
Lancôme La Vie est Belle EDP Intense
Thierry Mugler Alien EDP
Dior Hypnotic Poison EDT

after 20mins of discussion, we came up with a decision and both of us like the sweetness in Hypnotic Poison.
But it was mainly me, i kinda force her to get it as I really love sweet smelling perfumes.

Now, i regret and feeling guilty
Why? Cuz the Sillage and the longevity is close to ZERO especially the sillage.

1st day: 5 sprays + 6 sprays (night)
2nd day: 8 sprays
3rd day: 9 sprays
4th day: 10 sprays
5th day: 11 sprays + 2 extra

And still... Nothing.
For $194 its really not worth buying.
We were tricked by the smell of it before purchasing.

Now the question is, How should my wofe wear it? Like 20 sprays to last abit longer and linger in the air for at least 20 mins.

I seriously feel like crying!
5 years ago 1
There is such a thing as olfactory fatigue. It is quite possible that after a few days your noses got used to what you were smelling, so much so you stopped smelling it altogether. You and your wife may no longer smell it but I can assure you that everyone in your orbit is getting whiffs of your perfume. Twenty sprays will wreak havoc on anyone within a mile of you! Smile

My suggestion to you would be to step away from the perfume for a week or two, to give yourselves a break from it. After that break come back to your perfume and see if you're still anosmic (nose-blind) to it. If so, it might be time to consider a new perfume. Also, for future advice, sample perfumes for a few days before buying. You can always ask the sales associate for a sample; I know Sephora makes custom samples for customers if they ask kindly. Spend a few days wearing the sample and see if it's worth a full bottle. I've found doing this has saved me a lot of heartbreak and money.

(Please, anyone with greater knowledge feel free to step in and share what you know. I'll be the first to admit I'm not an expert on such topics.)
5 years ago
Exciter76:
There is such a thing as olfactory fatigue. It is quite possible that after a few days your noses got used to what you were smelling, so much so you stopped smelling it altogether. You and your wife may no longer smell it but I can assure you that everyone in your orbit is getting whiffs of your perfume. Twenty sprays will wreak havoc on anyone within a mile of you! Smile

My suggestion to you would be to step away from the perfume for a week or two, to give yourselves a break from it. After that break come back to your perfume and see if you're still anosmic (nose-blind) to it. If so, it might be time to consider a new perfume. Also, for future advice, sample perfumes for a few days before buying. You can always ask the sales associate for a sample; I know Sephora makes custom samples for customers if they ask kindly. Spend a few days wearing the sample and see if it's worth a full bottle. I've found doing this has saved me a lot of heartbreak and money.

(Please, anyone with greater knowledge feel free to step in and share what you know. I'll be the first to admit I'm not an expert on such topics.)

Both of us are thinking maybe the new formulation of Dior Hypnotic Poison is terrible. But we don't know until someone confirm this.

Doesn't matter if you're an expert or not i really appreciate your thoughts, time and effort. Thank you so much.
5 years ago
My pleasure! I hope I was able to help.

I haven't tried the newest bottles out there but I've used one from 2016 and it smelled fine to me. It was long lasting and just as beautiful as I remembered. But, again, hopefully someone who has tried the newest bottles can confirm your suspicions. I've heard people complain about the newest bottles of "J'adore" and original "Poison".

Best of luck! Very Happy
5 years ago
Exciter76:
My pleasure! I hope I was able to help.

I haven't tried the newest bottles out there but I've used one from 2016 and it smelled fine to me. It was long lasting and just as beautiful as I remembered. But, again, hopefully someone who has tried the newest bottles can confirm your suspicions. I've heard people complain about the newest bottles of "J'adore" and original "Poison".

Best of luck! Very Happy

I can't thank you enough.
Thank you so much.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Discussions Dior Hypnotic Poison EDT - How do i wear it?
Jump to