Search Forum

Fragrancenet Shenanigans

Fragrancenet Shenanigans 5 years ago
I am sure some members know about this already, but for those like myself who did not know about it, please be aware that if you show interest in a perfume(s) on Fragrancenet by putting it in your cart, they automatically will increase the price on it.

I was browsing Fragrancenet late last night and placed two fragrances in my cart. I intended to continue browsing this morning before placing my order in case I saw another fragrance I might wish to add to my cart. I did not find anything else I wished to order, so I proceeded to checkout and was stunned to see that the prices jumped over night. I was sure I had not made a mistake, but I contacted them to ask about it. It was no mistake, and all I was told was "sorry."

So, it appears now if you wish to buy a fragrance on Fragrancenet, do not bother to put it in your cart unless you are ready to put through the purchase immediately. Otherwise, they are going to increase the prices on the items in your cart. Perhaps they think you will not notice the price increase? I think that is a pretty low move on their part, and I told them so. This sort of move seems to be a cousin to the old bait and switch approach to selling. As far as I am concerned, this practise makes Fragrancenet a far less reputable seller. Mad
5 years ago
Yikes! I'm guilty of loading up a virtual cart but rarely ever pulling the trigger. Thank you for this info.
5 years ago
You are very welcome. If there is something you really want to buy, do not put it in your cart until you are ready checkout. That is how I plan to handle this problem in future.

Sometimes things that seem to be a setback or an inconvenience actually turn out to be for the best. I put one bottle in my cart last night that then increased in price by this morning, so I deleted and decided to look elsewhere. Lo and behold I found the same fragrance for $10 less than Fragrancenet had it priced last night. All is well that ends well. Very Happy
4 years ago
Thanks for this. Sadly the airlines do it too, seems to be a fairly common practice by web merchants.
4 years ago
You are welcome. I noticed Wayfair is also VERY bad about this. A price will increase by $20 if you leave it in your cart for too long. Embarassed
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Fragrancenet Shenanigans
Jump to