Search Forum

Cleaning Travel Sprays

Cleaning Travel Sprays 4 years ago
I have a couple of travel sprays that were used in error by a perfume shop to send me my samples.

I am trying to clean one of them to reuse but cannot wash the perfume out (a niche, artificial type of scent).

I have washed thoroughly and soaked in 99% alcohol and it smelt clean enough but on use, with a decant of Aromatics Elixir, those artificial notes from the old sample are clearly coming through.

Is there anything I can do to assist with the washing? Does the perfume eat into the plastic tubing/pump and so no chance or do I need to use a different solvent to the alcohol?

Of course if I had bought a travel spray just to use for my favourite perfume I wouldn't have noticed the problem so maybe they aren't really designed for swapping scents.

Any experience of this?
4 years ago
I've been there...

A dear perfume swapping friend sent me a 15ml decant of a perfume I was anxious to try. It was a very sweet gesture but I ended up disliking the perfume, but the decant bottle was worth keeping. I moved the unwanted perfume to smaller glass travel atomizers and gave those away. I cleaned, scrubbed, soaked, bleached, et cetera that larger decant bottle but I could not get rid of the previous perfume's smell. I had to accept that the bottle was a loss.

I'd love to hear if anyone has had any success but, in my case, it was a loss.
4 years ago
it´s very difficult to really clean up
3 years ago

I clean my reusable bottles with simple old-school gal soap. You can get it in a liquid form or simply buy a soap bar, grind it and make a liquid with some hot water. Soak overnight in a bowl any bottle that you need to wash, next day you rinse them and pour some alcohol inside just to disinfect and let them dry. I find that this method breaks all the leftover perfume residue and gets rid of the leftover smell. I hope this helps, best of luck 👍👍👍

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Cleaning Travel Sprays
Jump to