Search Forum

Re: mid 60's woman, looking for a new signature scent.

Re: mid 60's woman, looking for a new signature scent. 4 years ago
My current collection:

Gauthier Classique EDP and EDT
Myth Ellis Brooklyn (I wrote a review about the weird atomizer that was jet-like)
Youth Dew (I can hear groans, but it brings back fond memories)
M-A-C turquatic

I don't want to be the older woman that wears too much of something that no one but her likes!
4 years ago
Mazel Tov! A confident woman who has great taste! I applaud anyone who confidently wears what they like. I've had my opinions about certain perfumes change based on the resolute wearing of said perfumes. Body chemistry plays a big role in how scent is perceived. I'd say situational wearing plays a role, too; a lighter spritz or a softer scent would be appropriate for office/religious institutional settings but a more liberal hand when partaking in social settings and date nights. Other than that, do what feels good for YOU! Smile

Check these out:
"Cinéma (Eau de Parfum)" by YSL
"Youth Dew Amber Nude" by Estee Lauder/Tom Ford
"Noir pour Femme" by Tom Ford
"Coco (Eau de Parfum)" by Chanel
"Cool Water Woman" by Davidoff
"Shi" by Alfred Sung
"Green Tea Lotus" by Elizabeth Arden
"Grand Amour" by Goutal
"No. 02 - L'Air du Désert Marocain (Eau de Toilette Intense)" by Tauer Perfumes
"L'Agent (Eau de Parfum)" by Agent Provocateur
Re: Thank you Exciter 76! 4 years ago
You had my attention starting with Mazel Tov! I am most excited to try No 2 L'air du Desert Marocain. A reviewer mentions rubber, and although feminine scents tend to be my favorite, I find myself strangely attracted to pricing tires at Costco, even when I don't need them. I love test driving new cars. A Replica scent "by the fireplace." is a recent purchase, and I believe it will be a great one for colder months. For some strange reason, Chanel and my body chemistry are not a good marriage. I'm sure you'll agree that it's not too much to ask of a fragrance to bring me to a time before COVID, attract interesting grown-up people, and embrace breathing in pleasant scents. I'm transitioning into my natural grey hair and will experiment with more edginess in my lifestyle and choices of perfume. Mazel Tov to you!
4 years ago
Ah, yes, a time before COVID... I'm feeling nostalgic already!

I know "No. 02 - L'Air du Désert Marocain (Eau de Toilette Intense)" has its fans and foes. I happen to love it to bits but I know cumin (the sweaty b.o. smelling spice) isn't for everyone. It takes me back to my childhood, when I went to an elementary school in Los Angeles with a large Armenian population. The mothers were always so glamorously dressed, their makeup was flawless, and they smelled so exquisite. They were the embodiment of bold femininity and beauty. LADDM reminds me of the perfumes they wore back in the early 1980s. It's strangely modern and nostalgic at once. Definitely give it a try before you buy.

Ha! I thought I was the only one who took pleasure in smelling new tires! You might want to check out "Bvlgari Black", which is the best set of new rubber tires in the most intriguing way. The leather and tea give it a smooth rubbery scent. It's an odd one that has to be experienced.
4 years ago
You might try some Parfum de Nicolai. They have some unique stuff, spicy, oriental. If you like youth dew you might try Vanille Tonka. Superb scent, difficult to find (seems out of production) . I ordered mine from Italy. Others like sacrebleu intense may also be worth trying.
Re: mid 60's woman, looking for a new signature scent. 3 years ago
Wentogym
My current collection:

Gauthier Classique EDP and EDT
Myth Ellis Brooklyn (I wrote a review about the weird atomizer that was jet-like)
Youth Dew (I can hear groans, but it brings back fond memories)
M-A-C turquatic

I don't want to be the older woman that wears too much of something that no one but her likes!

I am 61 and last years is a variety of Fragonard and ZARA full sizes I use. Samples I buy from Histoire D'Parfums , Atelier Cologne etc. And other scents from my collection. Miss the perfumes from the 60s 70s.

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Recommendations Re: mid 60's woman, looking for a new signature scent.
Jump to