Search Forum

Perfume for a strong woman?

Perfume for a strong woman? 3 years ago

Hello fragheads, a dear friend of mine is writing a fictional charachter and asked my help for choosing the charachter's perfume, since he knows I'm a frag freak, but I need your help because: 1) I don't want to suggest him something only based on my taste 2) I actually don't have all that knowledge, especially of older / classic perfumes

So, the woman of wich we have to choose a perfume is: in her 40s, strong personality, emancipated, works in men's environment but very aware of her feminity, somehow austere and professional

I know it is a very specific request, hope someone could help Smile

3 years ago

In what time period is it set?

3 years ago

Contemporary šŸ™‚

3 years ago 1
GreMuser

Contemporary šŸ™‚

He could go for Angel, as it fits, chronologically; she started using it young and stocked with it. Also, she could be using a menā€™s scent; Vetiver by Guerlain or Dior Homme, the original.
And if sheā€™s classic, Shalimar, the eternal! No Opium, as the current version is an abomination. And she isnā€™t scouring eBay for vintage!

3 years ago
Alex1984
GreMuser

Contemporary šŸ™‚

He could go for Angel, as it fits, chronologically; she started using it young and stocked with it. Also, she could be using a menā€™s scent; Vetiver by Guerlain or Dior Homme, the original.
And if sheā€™s classic, Shalimar, the eternal! No Opium, as the current version is an abomination. And she isnā€™t scouring eBay for vintage!

I know Angel and it's waaaay too gourmand, not austere at all! šŸ˜ Better the others you suggested, Dior Homme seems a good one!

3 years ago
Guerlain and Dior Homme, oh, you are genius
3 years ago
Robinson01
Guerlain and Dior Homme, oh, you are genius

Am I? šŸ¤£

Anyway we choose the Dior Homme

Choose your time frame right 3 years ago

If your character is in her 40ā€™s, then perfumes should be from golden list of 80ā€™s:

1. Obsession by CK - every Valentineā€™s day was celebrated with this perfume.

2. Beautiful by Estee Lauder - it was very classy, romantic floral perfume.

3. Opium by YSL - I remember very well how theatres were full of this scent.

4. Poison by Christian Dior - original was soo beautiful.

5. Giorgio by Beverly hills - it was symbol of luxury.
6. First by Van Cleef and Arpels - you canā€™t simply miss this perfume during 80ā€™s.
7. Chanel no 5 it was absolute hit and must have, who can get it.

Of course if author chooses different country in his scenery then it plays great deal too, because what was popular in one part of the world it wasnā€™t available for majorities.

ā€œStrong womanā€ is very subjective description.

Re: Perfume for a strong woman? 3 years ago
GreMuser

So, the woman of wich we have to choose a perfume is: in her 40s, strong personality, emancipated, works in men's environment but very aware of her feminity, somehow austere and professional

Knowing by Estee Lauder. Thats what probably Miranda from devil wears Prada would be wearing.

3 years ago

Often, when i read a book, and I see a mention about perfume, Iā€™m dissapointed, because the most often the choice is between #Chanel no 5 and ...Chanel no 5. Thereā€™s hardly anything more in writers imagination. And I read a lot. Thatā€™s why I wouldnā€™t recommend any classics - this is so boring. Especially if the action takes contemporary. I would go for Bottega Veneta (Eau de Parfum)Bottega Veneta Eau de Parfum or Perles de LaliquePerles de Lalique or Monsieur.Monsieur. .

2 years ago
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Discussions Perfume for a strong woman?
Jump to