Search Forum

is it possible to ask here for help identifying a perfume?

is it possible to ask here for help identifying a perfume? 2 years ago

i bought this perfume around december i believe at Big Lots years ago, tempted to estimate around 2011-2012, but i'm not totally certain.
i no longer have its box or any identifying marks, save for that i seem to have previously tried to write the name and/or maker on the base of the bottle at one point... it isn't the most legible, and i think either reads "manuj pujai payal" or "pujai manuj payal", it's hard to tell in what order the part on the very bottom middle is meant to come.

the bottle is frosted, ribbed a bit and feels very smooth, almost silkier than glass of other perfume bottles i have? ("softer", even, than the similarly frosted glass of my Le Jardin de Max Factor.) it's not perfectly round, the sides come out a bit wider so there is a bit of a defined "front+back" vs "left+right" to it, most noticeable from an aerial view.

it has sort of a light, sweet or floral scent, at least early on? i'm not very good at identifying perfume smells, however, but its definitely something sort of... dainty? does not read to me personally as fruity, and there's nothing spicy or tangy to it. it does have the brief initial alcohol scent some perfumes have, though.
as i took a bit to write all this out, its smell has mellowed out to something maybe a touch muskier than its initial? it's less sweet-floral now, might still be floral? but hard to pin down for me exactly what it might be other than having a touch of light musk. still similarly "dainty" and light.

it is also a nice pale lavender, which im mostly certain is the liquid and not the glass of the bottle.
i don't know if posting photos here is allowed, but i did take several of them prior to deciding to sign up here after all and make this thread. this writing likely makes much more sense with the accompanying photos, but i very literally just joined and i don't know my way around the functions of this forum yet.
 (edit: figured photos out! [clearly])

2 years ago 2

What a lovely asymmetric bottle! The name mentioned suggest something Indian/Hindi. So I went through the Parfumo database for all the perfumes made in India (which are not that many), but didn't find anything. Too bad!

Anyway, hopefully someone else does recognize the perfume. Good luck with your search.

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands is it possible to ask here for help identifying a perfume?
Jump to