Search Forum

Is the parfume design important for you?

Is the parfume design important for you? 2 years ago

Hi there, I wanted to make a discussion about how you choose a new perfume. I know that scent is the most important thing in choosing a perfume. However, I sometimes think how often I have missed a good perfume, because I didn't like its design. I mean I didn't like how the bottle looked and didn't even try to smell it πŸ˜….

In my opinion, the right perfume bottle design boosts the value of the scent, allowing luxury perfume houses to gain both more profits and a stronger market presence. Would be curious know your thought about this. 

Re: Is the parfume design important for you? 2 years ago
Egrasss

Hi there, I wanted to make a discussion about how you choose a new perfume. I know that scent is the most important thing in choosing a perfume. However, I sometimes think how often I have missed a good perfume, because I didn't like its design. I mean I didn't like how the bottle looked and didn't even try to smell it πŸ˜….

In my opinion, the right perfume bottle design boosts the value of the scent, allowing luxury perfume houses to gain both more profits and a stronger market presence. Would be curious know your thought about this. 

Hello, I think there are a lot of people who first take a look at the design. So you are not alone here definitely πŸ€£ I even know some people who are obsessed if the bottle will look beautiful on their table. In any case, we often evaluate everything with our eyes. Although I've had more than one situation where the packaging looks nice, but the smell is not the best. 
I think that there could be some recent studies about the importance of design for perfumes. Take a look, I think marketers have found the answer to this πŸ˜‰

Re: Is the parfume design important for you? 2 years ago 1
LillySweet20

Hello, I think there are a lot of people who first take a look at the design. So you are not alone here definitely πŸ€£ I even know some people who are obsessed if the bottle will look beautiful on their table. In any case, we often evaluate everything with our eyes. Although I've had more than one situation where the packaging looks nice, but the smell is not the best. 
I think that there could be some recent studies about the importance of design for perfumes. Take a look, I think marketers have found the answer to this πŸ˜‰

Thanks for sharing your thoughts dear Smile
I must also note I often fall in love the video commercials the big brands make. They often encourage me to go to the perfume shop to try a new scent. Espesially love how Jimmy Choo does it πŸ˜
About the cases I found an interesting article about perfume packaging and design here πŸ‘ˆ
Take a look when you will have the time, cause it's quite a big one.

Btw, what is your favorite packaging design?

Re: Is the parfume design important for you? 2 years ago
Egrasss

About the cases I found an interesting article about perfume packaging and design here πŸ‘ˆ
Take a look when you will have the time, cause it's quite a big one.

Btw, what is your favorite packaging design?

Thanks, will take a look. I like how my Gucci Flora Gorgeous Gardenia looks. It doesn't have a unique design, but I think that it has taste. 

Perfume design 2 years ago 1

Hi there. No, the perfume design is not important to me because it's what's inside that really counts. I am not one to leave my perfumes out on a dressing table, they are mostly hidden away in a cupboard or wardrobe so nobody sees them anyway. I do that to keep them away from light and heat as advised.

I have bought perfumes in the past through liking the bottle design only to dislike the actual scent. And it works both ways. Looks can be deceptive.

Re: Perfume design 2 years ago
Maria615

Hi there. No, the perfume design is not important to me because it's what's inside that really counts. I am not one to leave my perfumes out on a dressing table, they are mostly hidden away in a cupboard or wardrobe so nobody sees them anyway. I do that to keep them away from light and heat as advised.

I have bought perfumes in the past through liking the bottle design only to dislike the actual scent. And it works both ways. Looks can be deceptive.

Thanks for sharing your opinion Smile

2 years ago

I think design is important to a fragrance, but sometimes I think they lean on being tacky and to me that can put me off buying a fragrance. 

Just a small list of bottle designs I like:

Le Beau, La Belle, Hypnotic Poison, Ghost Serenity, Hypnose, Libre, Babydoll, Olympea.

I could go on but I won't.

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Discussions Is the parfume design important for you?
Jump to