Search Forum

Feminine Leather scent

1 - 25 by 47
Feminine Leather scent 12 years ago
Hello friends,

Apparently I need some expert consulation! Cool

I'm looking for a leather dominant perfume that smells feminine and sensual at the same time.
I like Lonestar memories from Andy's line, but I find it too masculine..
Also Jicky and Dzing which are very similar to my nose, I'm not crazy about them either
Do you have any suggestions for me?
I'd appreciate any helpful suggestion

Thank you all!!
12 years ago
Have you tried Bulgari Black? I don't know how it so deliciously combines that leather/rubber thing with that vanilla/cuddly thing, but it does!
12 years ago
I used to own a sample but I swapped it away..

I'll try to test it next time in Sephora!
Thank you Ellen!
12 years ago
Cabochard is the most leathery leather perfume I ever tried myself. It opens a bit masculine, but becomes more feminine in about 15 minutes imo. It is, however, a no-nonsense, don't-mess-with-me perfume.

There's also Miss Balmain - prominent leather, but more feminine and soft than Cabochard.

Then of course there's legendary Habanita which is fabulous and definitely not masculine to my nose. Smile

(I don't know much about niche, so I can only suggest the mainstreams, sorry about that)
12 years ago
Another hand up for Habanita (there appear to be different versions, though; I fell in love with the EdP but I'm very happy with the EdT I actually bought).

Guerlain's Cuir Beluga, Chanel's Cuir de Russie and Serge Luten's Daim Blond should fit the bill in my opinion.

In addition to the ones already mentioned the no longer available sampler from TPC ("Kick Off Your Boots - Even Cowgirls Get The Blues") also contained Caron's Tabac Blonde, Piguet's Bandit, Diorling, Hermès' Kelly Calèche, and Miller Harris' Cuir d'Oranger as well as Tom Ford's Tuscan Leather which is too dry for my taste so maybe not the right recommendation here; the same might go for Serge Luten's Cuir Mauresque and Cuir de Lancôme.

"Russisch Leder" (e. g. from Farina Gegenueber), "Koelnisch Juchten" (Kamp Silberhals) and other EdC/colognes with leather notes were actually marketed as feminine/unisex at the time, but might be either too harsh or too ... "cologny" in their lack of longevity for your tastes.
12 years ago
Definitely "Cuir de Russie" by Chanel. "Cuir Beluga" ist a good scent, but not really a leather imo.
"Kelly Calèche" - though I don't get as much leather in this as others do.
"Cuir mauresque" by Serge Lutens can be worn by women imo.
"Bandit" is officially for women, so is "Azurée" and so on. Refer to the leather chypre thread.
12 years ago
Bottega Veneta.
12 years ago
The most 'feminine', in my opinion, is En Avion, which is an absolutely sublime extrait.
12 years ago
Beftus:
Bottega Veneta.

HUGE 2nd on this! BV should fit the bil perfectly! Also what about "Cuir de Lancome" ? Its only found on the discount sites now, but that is such a lovely leather fragrance.
12 years ago
Visa by Piquet, pure perfume version
12 years ago
Cuir by Lancôme Wink
12 years ago
aoe:
Another hand up for Habanita

And another from me Smile

I got some tester vials of leather scents a while back , as it was the 1 genre missing from my small collection. Habanita is gorgeous and its on my FB wish list . I also tested Cabochard and bandit , whoa - very strong , harsh and dry , too hardcore for me , but you may like them. Those 2 perfumes are challenging and not easy to wear unless you love the genre.

Habanita is a good "starter " leather
12 years ago
"Cuir Fétiche"
"Cuir Ottoman"
"Tabac Blond"
"En Avion"
12 years ago
12 years ago
My sugestion is Arpege by Lanvin. It's feminine, elegant, leathery and a great classic.
12 years ago
"Bottega Veneta" +1
12 years ago
Do you know Boxeuses?
12 years ago
Perhaps "Les Nombres d'Or Cuir" by Mona di Orio.
11 years ago
I do believe that VISA by Piguet would be the one for you, try it.
11 years ago
How about Keiko Mecheri "A Fleur de Peau"?

Cool
11 years ago
Trussardi
11 years ago
Putain des Palaces. Don't be put off by the name!
11 years ago
Vintage Miss Dior.
11 years ago
"Tuscan Leather" by Tom Ford. Only to be used by confident women (and men).
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Recommendations Feminine Leather scent
1 - 25 by 47
Jump to