A light musk is what I prefer, to bed.
11 years ago 1
I seem to be going for "Sweet Oriental Dream" & or "Loukhoum Du Soir"
11 years ago
I do love to fall asleep with the scent of something soft and calming, such as:
Dior Hypnotic Poison
Annick Goutal Vanille Exquise
Givenchy Organza Indecence

However, I've come to believe that my respiratory tract should get a break from perfume periodically, Laughing so I usually don't spray anything before bed. (Though I do enjoy it when something from the previous day is still there the next morning, like the magnificent Grain de Soleil that I wore yesterday. That stuff doesn't know when to quit!)

Hey, do you believe that scent affects your dreams at night?
11 years ago
Scent absolutely affects my dreams. I've had some weird and wonderful ones, like the time I wore Incense Rose to bed and dreamt that Andy Tauer was trying to sell me a pair of singing canaries, lol.
11 years ago 1
Beftus:
I have no guilty conscience, so no bed time fragrance for me.

Laughing

Well, with me, it depends on the mood etc. Roses are also helpful according to aromatherapy for falling asleep, and in summer I was wearing lot of them before sleeping. I found "Persian Rose" from Pacifica to be quite good, since it also has melissa, which also calms down. I did not have a quilty conscience however, but I was very stressed before my exhibition, so it was good to have something relaxing. Wink

"L´Heure Bleue" is also great bed-time-perfume, but I rarely test any new ones before sleeping anymore, since I´ve had the experience too often to stay awake ´til morning if it was too bad - or good !
11 years ago
I don´t know why, but I like Loukhoum by Keiko Mecheri, when I go to bed. I never wear it outside the house, I think it is a bit to intensive for work and now it is my special really only for my bedtime scent. Wink
11 years ago
Cryptic:
Scent absolutely affects my dreams. I've had some weird and wonderful ones, like the time I wore Incense Rose to bed and dreamt that Andy Tauer was trying to sell me a pair of singing canaries, lol.

That is funny!! Dreams are so fascinating. I believe scent affects dreams too.
11 years ago
I don't do that simply because I use killers Very Happy and secondly, when I smell a perfume on myself, it makes me enjoy it actively, so it constantly keeps my attention fixed to it and I can't get asleep. Rolling Eyes

But... There are two fragrances that actually put me in that sleep mode and they are S.Lutens Rousse and E. Coudray Vanille et Coco. They work like sedatives for me, amazing! Very Happy
3 years ago

mýdlo 😃

3 years ago
Palmbeach

Soap 😃

Is there a particular soap you use? Lately, I've been using a tuberose body wash by Alba Botanica. It's very heady and all the perfume I need before bed!

I agree with the original poster: a simple musk is ideal for me before bed. I use to have Dame Perfumery's "New Musk Oil", which was sublime. I don't remember what happened to my little bottle but I might need to buy a new one. I also used to use "Pour Un Homme de Caron (Eau de Toilette)" but I got bored with it. It's a comforting lavender vanilla, perfect for bedtime.

3 years ago

Yes, I do sometimes where a fragrance to bed. Just whatever I'm in the mood for, or applications of various different fragrances at different spots on my arms, and I'll cycle through the fragrance "buffet" until I fall asleep.

3 years ago

BDK gris charnel is a good bed time one, But only Half a spray.

1 year ago

Gotten into the habit of wearing Le Male Le Parfum to bed (as when it's in my rotation) also helps calm my nerves and I generally get better sleep when I do wear and the times when I don't I notice it's harder for me to sleep, but I do have a possible contender to this and that's A*Men which is another fragrance I also find comforting I did spray it once before I went to bed and the results where quite interesting.

1 year ago

I rarely wear something for bed (although I wouldn't say I never did!)

But I usually try new samples on bloaters in the evening and if it is nice I will keep the bloater on my night desk, This way I get whiffs of the new discovery while falling asleep... 😊

1 year ago

Often i sniff the cap of some of my bottles before going to bed. I do also as someone posted earlier, test something on my wrist and feel what remains in the morning.

When i am alone, I would often spray The Dreamer (Eau de Toilette)The Dreamer Eau de Toilette or Nuit d'Issey ParfumNuit d'Issey Parfum before going to bed.

If I am with my girlfriend, I do that less, but if i do i likeThe Dreamer (Eau de Toilette)The Dreamer Eau de Toilette or Dior Homme Intense (2011)Dior Homme Intense (2011) .

1 year ago

I don't have that habit. I find a freshly applied scent too distracting for sleep.

1 year ago 1

I can't say I have a bed time fragrance

1 year ago 1

i love to wear perfumes or to have ambient perfumes in my room before bedtime...
Recently i love Plesir by Tonatto!!!

1 year ago

I like to wear Nº14 Whipped Almond (Eau de Parfum)Nº14 Whipped Almond Eau de Parfum, Midnight Amber Glow (Fragrance Mist)Midnight Amber Glow Fragrance Mist, Cloud (Eau de Parfum)Cloud Eau de Parfum, or a dupe of No. 5 when I go to bed. If it's particularly cold, I'll wear Dark Knight (Parfum Extract)Dark Knight Parfum Extract. I used to wear Agar (Parfum Extract)Agar Parfum Extract for bed almost every night until I realized I had used 70% of my bottle 😬

Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands Perfumes for bedtime wear?
26 - 44 by 44
Jump to