Search Forum

favorite Gourmand note

26 - 32 by 32
12 years ago
Gourmands are often tricky territory for myself, but I agree with a dark, smoky vanilla.
12 years ago
Sherapop:
I've noticed that I really love rice notes and unsweetened cocoa bean (not chocolate).

Saffron, too, is a favorite.

and cardamom (as in Kenzo Jungle L'Eléphant and Bond no 9 Chinatown...)
12 years ago
Sherapop:
Sherapop:
I've noticed that I really love rice notes and unsweetened cocoa bean (not chocolate).

Saffron, too, is a favorite.

and cardamom (as in Kenzo Jungle L'Eléphant and Bond no 9 Chinatown...)

Do people eat ambrette? I love it too! Cool
12 years ago
Do you think Kardamom in perfume is a gourmand note? Would pepper be gourmand. I don't think that everything that is edible is a gourmand. Well, at least spices aren't in my opinion. Spicy would be an own category, wouldn't it?
12 years ago
DieNase:
Do you think Kardamom in perfume is a gourmand note? Would pepper be gourmand. I don't think that everything that is edible is a gourmand. Well, at least spices aren't in my opinion. Spicy would be an own category, wouldn't it?

I do think that cardamom is gourmand when it's sweetened--ever had cardamom butter cake? It's delicious!

But that's a good point about pepper. Does Gourmand = edible?
Or does Gourmand = makes me want to take a bite out of the arm wearing it?

Wink
12 years ago
I wouldn't call "Hermèssence Poivre Samarcande" a gourmand although it consists of really good pepper notes!
Cardamom: I love cardamom in food - I recently made a moroccan orange cake with plenty of cardamom - yummi! But would you call Chanels Pour Monsieur a gourmand due to its (slightly sweetened) cardamom note? Other perfumes that come to my mind that have a prominent cardamom note are CdG2, Kenzo Power...
If you can recommend me a cardamom gourmand I'm very willing to try out!
12 years ago
DieNase:
I wouldn't call "Hermèssence Poivre Samarcande" a gourmand although it consists of really good pepper notes!
Cardamom: I love cardamom in food - I recently made a moroccan orange cake with plenty of cardamom - yummi! But would you call Chanels Pour Monsieur a gourmand due to its (slightly sweetened) cardamom note? Other perfumes that come to my mind that have a prominent cardamom note are CdG2, Kenzo Power...
If you can recommend me a cardamom gourmand I'm very willing to try out!

On reflection, I think that you are right. I wouldn't want to eat Bond no 9 Chinatown or Kenzo L'Eléphant Jungle, though they are somewhat sweet and both have prominent cardamom notes.

Now I'm trying to think of a straight-up gourmand cardamom (not just oriental), but I have not succeeded yet!

Cool
26 - 32 by 32
Notify about new comments
Jump to