Search Forum

A silly dilemma - punchy scents when having a cold

A silly dilemma - punchy scents when having a cold 11 years ago
I have a cold. I mean I have a C-O-L-D with a vengeance, lol. Usually, when I'm sick, I don't wear fragrance because what's the point? But I am craving scent, right now, I just don't know what to wear to feel happier.
I don't want anything too sweet. I want a little spice, just a little, maybe something aromatic. Something fresh but with enough presence to cut through the pile of stuff that's clogging my poor nose.

Any ideas?
I hear you 11 years ago
I'm just coming out of my allergy funk and my sense of smell is waking up again. My humble recommendation would be Chanel No.19 -- just enough sharpness to penetrate a stuffed-up nose
11 years ago
That's worth a try... I have the vintage, too. Thanks! Smile
11 years ago
I'm afraid YD is way too much for me right now, my head feels like it's on the spin cycle, lol. I had a musk on, this morning, but I can't smell it anymore. I do like the idea of green and aromatic... I just wish my nose would quit acting like it's throwing up, already. (ok that was a nasty visual, sorry. lol)
11 years ago
Thanks, MNQ! I look as bad as I feel, right now, lol.
11 years ago
A fragrance for a cold? Yes, I have one! I wear Patyka's Boisé: it is woody and a campherous, and it is very comfortable if you do not feel well. Unforunately, it has been discontinued.

Another recommendable fragrance against cold might be Heeleys "Esprit du Tigre", but IMHO a little bit of Tiger Balm does the same.
11 years ago
Oh wow, forget perfume today, you guys, I haven't been this sick in a long, long time! Sad
I was up in the middle of the night coughing and miserable, and now it's worse, I have to cancel all my appointments for today and tomorrow, possibly for longer, there is no way I am even trying to leave my bed or do any work, feeling like this.

I can't smell anything, today, nada. My nose is worse than yesterday. Still have a fever. Well, this sucks. I can only hope that this will be the only time I'll be sick this season because I sure am paying my dues for the rest of the year, with this doozie, wow.
11 years ago
If it is that bad, you should keep away from perfume, even if you would like to wear one. Wearng it now might spoil it for you as it will remind you later of your current bad health.

Get well soon!
11 years ago
I agree. I think I need to be in healing mode, right now.
11 years ago
Forget staying in bed: Today is voting day, in the US, so I'm getting my butt out there to vote. On the plus side, I used patchouli shower gel in the shower and that was really nice since the steam opened up my nose. Short lived, but good.
11 years ago
I dragged myself home and was sure I would pass out in bed but no. Plus, closing my eyes makes everything spin. But, Oh, Victory: I can still smell the patchouli oil I put on my wrists, woohoo!!!
Now I need to finish my wardrobe... This will take time, lol.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfume Recommendations A silly dilemma - punchy scents when having a cold
Jump to