Search Forum

How do you feel about the oud trend?

26 - 33 by 33
11 years ago
... I'm ignoring it.
A trend 11 years ago
Like all trends, they come and go. This one is still artificially inflated and some interest pumped in - by clever advertising.

Other than on discussion boards, where trained perfumistas congregate, the general public in the Western world is still unaware and even mistrusting to such a thing called "oud".

Of course, in the Middle East is the other way around where everyone is embracing oud as daily ware (and daily wear) - pun intended.
6 years ago
Pipette:
.. the general public in the Western world is still unaware and even mistrusting to such a thing called "oud".
I suppose most people are unaware of perfume ingredients that aren't common knowledge. And I wonder how you can tell what the general public in the Western world is mistrustful of. Apologies for the snarky remark, Pipette, but it is an assumption, not a fact you can back up or can you? Unless you refer to the platitude that humans tend to be wary of anything unfamiliar.

Anyway, the oud hype seems to finally be on the decline. Isn't Parfumo's statistical feature fancy?

6 years ago
On the decline is it? Better keep my eyes open for oudy 'fumes at down-cutten prices!
6 years ago
Oud has been used as perfumes, incense and medicinally for thousands of years. It is only new to us that live in the "West". Almost all designer and niche houses use only synthetic ouds. Honestly, if these houses were using real oud, the prices would be crazy expensive. Houses in the Arabias that must mass produce oud fragrances either use synthetics or only use cheap oud blends.

Off the top of my head, the only fragrance houses (I know of) that use real oud are Areej le Doré (the owner, Russian Adam also owns the distillery Feel Oud), The Rising Phoenix Perfumery and Sultan Pasha.

If you are seeking real oud oils (and can afford it) you would want to check out Feel Oud, Imperial Oud, and Ensar Oud - each has their own website.
6 years ago
Andy Tauer claims to be using real oud from a Laotian plantation.

L'Oudh Tauer Perfumes
6 years ago
Cincy:
Andy Tauer claims to be using real oud from a Laotian plantation.

L'Oudh Tauer Perfumes

Good to know. Thank you Cincy
5 years ago
I love the Oud fragrances I have. I'm sure it is not real oudh but I do enjoy what I have. I have a few from Arabian Oud, Xerjoff, The Different Company and Rasasi. I would say Oudh is one of my favorite notes and will be for some time to come.
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Perfumes & Brands How do you feel about the oud trend?
26 - 33 by 33
Jump to