Search Forum

Praise for Parfumo

1 - 25 by 38
Praise for Parfumo 11 years ago
Maybe it is time for praise for Parfumo.

The two features that are totally awesome for me are the notebook feature, found on my page top right side. This feature is seen only by you. I use this for tidbits of info I know about a member.
Name, city, hobbies whatever.

The other one I just found today. Has probably been there since day one. Rolling Eyes

What's happening now?

Please share yours. I may learn others. Embarassed
11 years ago
I really like the Assistant and its statistics.

Without the Assistant, I might have never found out that there is a difference between the fragrances I like the most and those fragrances that I actually wear the most often!
11 years ago
I've been on Parfumo nearly a year and only recently started using the "Discover" feature. It really is helpful if you're looking for a very particular sort of scent. Keeps you from wandering aimlessly through the thousands of listings on the "Brand" tab.

The number of easily accessible features on Parfumo make it one of the most user friendly forums and social network websites on the net.
No issues are avoided 11 years ago
The biggest praise that I have for Parfumo is that issues are promptly dealt with. That way, nothing blows out of proportion.

@Apicius - you have a great way of diplomacy and make people relax.
Re: No issues are avoided 11 years ago
Pipette:
@Apicius - you have a great way of diplomacy and make people relax.
Thanks! Very Happy
11 years ago
How about this feature, located on my page. ParfumoPoints. In red, click on.

You will never see my name on this list. tee hee
11 years ago
The first thing I appreciate is that the site is set up to build and reinforce bonds between community members. For instance: the "helpful" vote and the award feature in reviews. There is no "thumbs down". Also, when you do something, everyone gets to see it, which keeps you from feeling isolated when you are on the site. That also stresses equality as everyone's activities, from regular Joes to admins, are displayed.

I also appreciate the fact that the rules are clear, are enforced, and that the atmosphere of the site (one of seriousness, but not severity) matches. I'm challenged to live up to that, but also, I feel like everyone is on the same page, so I'm not alone.

All of this fuses together to nurture a respect for what the site is and where it's going, instead of fueling discontent.
11 years ago
there is a thumbs down Silverfire Wink but reviews don't get deleted for that. But it could be that the reviews is marked not helpful which is legit. But you're right - in general it's more about helpfulness and positive feedback. but negative feedback should have it's place as well (without rudeness of course).
11 years ago
It's neat how this is a mix between a forum and a kind of FaceBook thing where you can almost totally personalize your pages.
Parfumo assistant and discovery tools are also neat. Cool
The Notebook feature 11 years ago
Cincy mentioned a Notebook feature ... I went to "My Page" and cannot find it.

May I have a screenshot to help find it ?
11 years ago
Second from the bottom on the right column.

Notebook 11 years ago
Yes, thank you.
This will come in handy. Smile
11 years ago
I love the "What's happening now" section. I get to breeze through while on the run to see if anything new has been added to a topic I visited recently. Also, I like the fact that I can read the forum without logging in. Sometimes it is cumbersome logging in in a cell.
Everything is just so streamlined and accessible.
11 years ago
Digindirt:
I love the "What's happening now" section. I get to breeze through while on the run to see if anything new has been added to a topic I visited recently. Also, I like the fact that I can read the forum without logging in. Sometimes it is cumbersome logging in in a cell.
Everything is just so streamlined and accessible.

I just found that this morning, I have seen it from day one, but did not know when clicked more shows. Duh!

I also like the new feature.. Highly Acclaimed Perfume Pictures.

I love looking at creative pictures, I have now seen flacons I never knew existed.
A Help Section 11 years ago
Maybe I am missing something but there does not seem to be on the International site a Help Section as it is established on the German site, that is to say: Hilfe

Simple questions can be entered into a box and the request is acknowledged, and the reply is later on e-mailed to the member.

This feature is absolutely great.

Do you have something like that here and I did not see it ??
11 years ago
This is the best and friendliest site I am aware of. The way the site is set up is extremely user friendly and the members are knowledgeable, yet down to earth.

This won't stay a well kept secret very long..........
Re: A Help Section 11 years ago
Pipette:
Maybe I am missing something but there does not seem to be on the International site a Help Section as it is established on the German site, that is to say: Hilfe

Simple questions can be entered into a box and the request is acknowledged, and the reply is later on e-mailed to the member.

Pipette, did I miss something? Confused

Where is this help feature? I cannot find it. Can you give me the link?

If somebody has a question, he or she can always post it somewhere in the forum, and it will take only minutes until there will be answers and support be several other users. This works fine, no need to change that.
Re: A Help Section 11 years ago
Apicius:
Pipette:

Pipette, did I miss something? Confused

Where is this help feature? I cannot find it. Can you give me the link?

If somebody has a question, he or she can always post it somewhere in the forum, and it will take only minutes until there will be answers and support be several other users. This works fine, no need to change that.

Yes, I will be happy to provide the links.

www.parfumo.de/

On the very top of the page, next to Einstellungen there is Hilfe.

Click on that, there is:

www.parfumo.de/Hilfe-Center

Click on to: Keine passende Antwort gefunden? Nutzen Sie das Hilfe-Formular

which opens up to:

www.parfumo.de/help_form.php?section_id=

Into the box you can enter an elaborate question and send it out.

After a few hours, you get an reply to your private e-mail address.

I have used it and have gotten a rather prompt reply from I don't exactly remember whom, telling me an answer.

In the Hilfe-Center is also an arrangement of Frequently Asked Questions with the Answers.

Parfumo Points, etc.

I like this Page.
11 years ago
Oh dear, I really missed this feature! Embarassed

Pipette, I will put a short note into the suggestions thread, so it won't get lost.
11 years ago
Currently, my favorite feature is the member photos. Some of them show so much about the fragrance and how the photographer feels about it that they are almost like nonverbal reviews.
11 years ago
Cryptic:
Currently, my favorite feature is the member photos. Some of them show so much about the fragrance and how the photographer feels about it that they are almost like nonverbal reviews.

I like this too. There are some pretty good photographers here!
11 years ago
One of the things I like is that parfumo is not beholden to advertisers/advertising.
11 years ago 1
As far as I'm concerned this site has the best wardrobe features out there.
11 years ago 1
The software works fine. The reviews are professional, an effort is made. I wish it were just a touch more "visual". In my posts I often insert an image. Glad to be here.
11 years ago 1
Administration works like a well oiled machine. Glitches are addressed with a quickness. No nonsense, professional, and fun. It's a pleasure to be here.

I also enjoy the reviews. So many people can break down a fragrance and put into words what I cannot. I admire the members and their passion for perfume.
1 - 25 by 38
Notify about new comments
Forum Overview Parfumo Community Praise for Parfumo
Jump to